Trial153 06-Oct-18
Hoytman 09-Oct-18
Hoytman 09-Oct-18
onepin 11-Oct-18
Hoytman 17-Oct-18
03-Oct-18

Hoytman's embedded Photo
Hoytman's embedded Photo
It was one week before bowhunting season I went out got my climbing sticks, and treestand set up, (new Lone Wolf that my son had bought for me.) I got my 2 trail cameras set up python locked in. Made a mock scrape, but didn't have the urine with me at the time to get to scrape activated. So I went back in 2 days to add some urine to the mock scrape, and all my gear was gone. Now I also had everything cable locked to the tree as well, now what I failed to mention was I'm hunting public land. However I still don't think that constitutes someone stealing my gear does anyone agree or disagree. I have to trail camera pics of two guys walking through the woods and they are the only two guys that were on the camera. My thought is they didn't have bolt cutters with them at at the time so they came back with them and took my stuff. Open for thoughts:

03-Oct-18
Please forgive me, the title should be public land gear thieves

03-Oct-18
was land state ?

03-Oct-18
Just a piece in a suburban location that not to many guys hunt or so I thought, but apparently the wrong guys are hunting the area

03-Oct-18
Scumbags

04-Oct-18
I Agree 100%

04-Oct-18
Probably going to sell the stuff for drug money. They look like they are all prepared for crime and I’ll bet they do not hunt. What county did this happen?

05-Oct-18
Lower Hudson valley

05-Oct-18
Happens all the time on Long island. I went and bought a Chippewa wedge lock so I only leave the bracket up in the tree and take the stand in and out with me.

05-Oct-18
I had a "private" lease on Long Island thinking the posted signs would help keep people out. The trail cameras that didn't get stolen had pics of everything from a guy dumping 50lbs of feed corn down as bait, NO baiting allowed on the Island, to a group of "locals" using the property for target practice with their 9mm semi autos. NO firearms allowed either .Ended up picking up a load of shell casings. Had guys using my stands .Even had one "hunter" confront me and said he's "been hunting here for years and the signs don't mean a thing because my address wasn't on them"....I could go on for ever. Hunted opening day this past Monday on DEC land and was welcomed with a hole in my truck tire after my hunt. Second time that's happened !! Good luck.Mike

05-Oct-18
I’m sorry to hear that. Thieves suck!

06-Oct-18
New York sucks.

09-Oct-18
Yeah hammer, I can feel your pain brotha, I am working on getting all of my gear repurchased at some point in time. Only thing is it won't be the same feeling as having my son see how excited I was. I also wanted to thank Elliot Beaver (fishing buddy) for helping Me out with a brand new XOP Maximus Treestand. Soooo Thankful for Him..

09-Oct-18

Hoytman's embedded Photo
Hoytman's embedded Photo
Yeah hammer, I can feel your pain brotha, I am working on getting all of my gear repurchased at some point in time. Only thing is it won't be the same feeling as having my son see how excited I was. I also wanted to thank Elliot Beaver (fishing buddy) for helping Me out with a brand new XOP Maximus Treestand. Soooo Thankful for & to Him..

11-Oct-18
Hi Hoyt sorry for those scumbags. The lead guy looks to have some type of handle sticking out from backpack as well as something in his hand. Hope u get to ID your stuff. I would check craigslist and local pawn shops good luck

17-Oct-18
One pin I've been looking on let-go, Craigslist, & OfferUp, and I haven't seen anything yet. But I do have a eye out

• Sitka Gear