Contributors to this thread:
bas 04-Oct-18
milnrick 05-Oct-18
bas 05-Oct-18
milnrick 06-Oct-18
bas 27-May-19
A&O 12-Aug-19
04-Oct-18
I am booked with PR Guides near Bathurst for a spring 2018 bear hunt. Any tips, suggestions, etc. for what to expect the weather and hunting to be like? Also any feedback for guide choice and/or experience with this outfitter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Seems like a pretty great place and should be a good hunt from what I have learned and heard about already. We found out about Pierre through word of mouth. My dad is a taxidermist and has done a couple of mounts for guys that were successful there.

05-Oct-18
While I haven't hunted with PR, I have hunted in the Bathurst area 2 times in '02 and '03. Our friend and Master Guide Yvon La Plante from Petite Rocher, talked very highly of Pierre. I believe you're in for a real treat.

If time permits, bring a fishing rod for some good trout fishing and plan to visit the Acadian Village near Caraquet.

05-Oct-18
Thanks for the info Rick. Especially the tip about trout fishing. I will definitely be packing a rod and reel now.

06-Oct-18
You're welcome. If you're hunt is before Memorial Day you may want to be prepared for a bit of snow. It snowed on us on '05 when hunted near Bathurst - fortunately it was just a dusting.

Good luck.

27-May-19

bas's embedded Photo
bas's embedded Photo
Just finished my 2019 spring bear hunt with PR Guides. Pierre runs a top notch outfit! Even after 2 days of solid rain, we were able to take 3 bears out of our group of 6 and even though I didn't tag, I had my opportunity. I am confident we would have all tagged out if the weather would have been better all 5 days. I would highly recommend using PR Guides if you are interested in a quality hunt. Also, the meals were excellent and lodging was very nice.

12-Aug-19

• Sitka Gear