Seahorse 08-Oct-18
Cazador 08-Oct-18
cnelk 08-Oct-18
Seahorse 09-Oct-18
yooper89 09-Oct-18
Glunt@work 09-Oct-18
yooper89 13-Oct-18
05-Oct-18
** edit for fat fingers. Unit 88 not 87.?

Anybody hunting this weekend? After a couple weeks in the Carolinas assisting with Hurricane Florence clean up, I made it back just in time for my pronghorn tag. My elk/deer archery tags got cut short, so I figure I might as well give this pronghorn doe tag a try with the bow.

Good luck out there!

05-Oct-18
I have a tag but I'm in Minnesota for a wedding.... one side of the family isn't aware of the rule about no weddings Sept-Nov.

05-Oct-18
Toting a boomstick but I'll be going tomorrow. Put a decent buck with 15 does to bed tonight. Hopefully they'll be there in the morning.

05-Oct-18
I’ll be helping friends in 87 and 88...

06-Oct-18
Awesome guys. Knock em dead!

06-Oct-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Wyoming 'boomstick casualties' this morning

06-Oct-18
Atta boy brad! That’ll fill the old freezer!

06-Oct-18
Nice work, Brad! Struck out this afternoon. Put one guy on a real nice buck, but didn’t see a single doe on public.

Also realized I fat fingered the title of this thread. Should’ve said 88, not 87. Don’t know if I can edit that or not.

07-Oct-18
I went out Sat. What a 3-Ring Circus! It's a miracle if anything will be left for next year. I doubt there were that many shots fired during the entire Civil War.

BTW: Please teach your kids that it is extremely rude to drive or walk in where another hunter is already hunting. I would think that is common sense, but clearly it is not. On the Eastern plains, anyone closer than a mile, you might as well pack up and leave because that is nothing for an antelope.

PS: If anyone knows someone in a navy blue double-cab, please have them read above, and maybe suggest that getting out of their truck at some point throughout the day might increase their chances of success.

08-Oct-18
I agree it was a shitshow up there this weekend. I saw plenty of animals but couldn't get in range on a doe. Could've tagged out 5-6 times on good bucks but that's the way she goes.

Going to try to get out one more afternoon this week before season wraps up.

08-Oct-18
Good luck. The weekend warriors should be drastically thinned out by now.

08-Oct-18
“The weekend warriors should be thinned out by now”

Along with all the antelope. Between all the development and rifle tags allotted, place is a shell of what it used to be. Sad actually.

08-Oct-18
I love using the trigger on my TrueBall release just as much as the triggers on my .243, .270, .30-06.... :>)

09-Oct-18
Exactly, Cazador. I've hunted 87 for 30+ years and it just keeps getting worse in every way. So sad.

09-Oct-18
I’ll be taking the aught six out with me, Brad. No more time to waste!

09-Oct-18
I left work early yesterday for my first chance to get out there and gave a ride home to the only buck I saw on public. Last antelope I shot was 9 yards with a recurve, this guy was 45X farther. Opening rifle has been a bit of a circus out there for 30+ years. During the week is a lot nicer for pressure but amazing how many huge pieces of public hold zero antelope after a couple days.

13-Oct-18
Planned to play hooky Thursday to get out one last time. Wound up on a plane to Panama City, FL. It looks like a bomb went off! I can be mad yet another hunting season was cut short, but sure am thankful I don't live near a hurricane zone!

One of these years I'll get a full hunting season in.

• Sitka Gear