Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
hav2hunt 05-Oct-18
hav2hunt 05-Oct-18
bentshaft 07-Oct-18
05-Oct-18

hav2hunt  's embedded Photo
hav2hunt  's embedded Photo
Today is the day before opening archery season and I received a call from a tenant on the farm that I hunt, and they found a dead deer in the woods. Doesn't appear to have any gun shot or arrow wounds on it. There was a very little amount of blood on the nose and mouth. The butt is chewed up a very little bit. The tenant said there was a coyote on the deer when he walked up on it and the coyote ran off. I called the game wardens office to see if they wanted to run any test on the deer for CWD or anything else but they were closed. They wont open until Monday now and by then this deer will probably be in bad shape due to coyote and bear in the area. Anyone have any idea what this could be from? Anyone else finding dead deer?

05-Oct-18
The last picture on the right is from a few years back during gun season. It's not the dead deer found. I had to screen shot these pics of my phone.

07-Oct-18
He doesn't look run down like you would see with EHD or CWD.

Blood from the mouth and nose would indicate lung damage. Could've been hit by a vehicle that caused internal injuries. Also a small caliber that doesn't exit is hard to see from the outside of the hide.

• Sitka Gear