Contributors to this thread:
grizzly 07-Oct-18
sdbowhunter 07-Oct-18
DR 08-Oct-18
grizzly 08-Oct-18
grizzly 21-Nov-18
grizzly 07-Dec-18
07-Oct-18
Any reports on what the GFP decided on license drawing ?

07-Oct-18
Proposal was approved with no amendments.

08-Oct-18
The finalized proposal combines firearms drawings for ER, WR, BH and MZD. Applicants will have a #1 and #2 choice in that first drawing/2nd drawing to get a high demand license. After that all 4 will again separate and an applicant can put in 4 separate applications for each of the 4 seasons. Residents can draw multiple licenses in the 3rd draw and the 4th draw to get several and the "leftover" is now the 5th application period. Special Buck, Refuge and CSP are NOT part of this combined firearm application so you can continue to apply separately for those. People can still get multiple licenses and hunt both sides of the river. The high demand licenses (2+ points) will likely go in that first combined pass and thus distribute those high demand tags to more individual hunters.

08-Oct-18
Well at least they kept it simple. (KISS)

21-Nov-18
The things you learn. Here I thought this was a done deal. Turns out it needed to be approved by a panel of lawmakers and they did not approve the changes. Sent it back to the commission. I would think it will come back around in some form.

07-Dec-18
With the proposed changes, it is slightly more palatable but still not my choice. I didn't complain to any lawmakers in case you were wondering. Didn't even know they figured into the equation. I imagine it will get approved before next years drawings begin.

• Sitka Gear