Mnhunter1980 10-Oct-18
12yards 10-Oct-18
mallard_maniac 10-Oct-18
Mnhunter1980 10-Oct-18
RD 11-Oct-18
Mnhunter1980 11-Oct-18
Mnhunter1980 11-Oct-18
10-Oct-18
Has anyone been hunting in the rain? Does it seem like the leaves are dropping earlier this year to anyone else? Good luck Joe

10-Oct-18
I don't like hunting in the rain. It isn't comfortable, it could cause tracking issues, and I've never seen deer move great when it's raining moderate to hard. I've hunted misty rains and done well. If you go, don't take any risky shots. You want them to die quick because your blood trail will not last.

10-Oct-18
I've sat in some of the mists but not any of the heavier rains... This morning I woke up to alot of oak leaves in my yard from last nights wind. Today and tomorrow might be the end of our fall colors with forecasted winds pushing 30mph. I don't know that I'd say they're dropping any earlier however, might just be more abrupt.

10-Oct-18
I agree with you 12 yards, the way this rain has been a decent blood trail could be gone in a hurry. It seems in the past that the deer like to move on the misty days. I was planning on hunting a couple nights this week but for that reason I haven’t made it out. I’m going to try my luck at fishing this weekend and hopefully when I get back things will have dried out a bit and the leaves will continue to fall. Good luck! Joe

11-Oct-18
Went out last evening in the wind and mist, didn't see anything until almost dark when 2 bucks came across a 1/4 section right to me. By then it was raining and dark. The bigger one was a legal 8pt at 10 yards the other I couldn't tell even with binoculars. The wind is whipping this morning so I stayed in bed, hopefully the cold snap and lack of rain will get them moving.

11-Oct-18
Good to hear you saw some bucks RD. I assume you are in the apr zone? I am not familiar with that part of the state. I know a couple guys that hunt around roch and seem to like the restrictions. I have hunted a farm in the north metro for the last 10 years and it’s pretty tough to manage in any way since there are a ton of 5 acre lots that butt up to it . Things have changed over the years with development and most deer that make it past 2 go nocturnal after the first week of the season with all of the pressure. Good luck, Joe

11-Oct-18
Good to hear you saw some bucks RD. I assume you are in the apr zone? I am not familiar with that part of the state. I know a couple guys that hunt around roch and seem to like the restrictions. I have hunted a farm in the north metro for the last 10 years and it’s pretty tough to manage in any way since there are a ton of 5 acre lots that butt up to it . Things have changed over the years with development and most deer that make it past 2 go nocturnal after the first week of the season with all of the pressure. Good luck, Joe

• Sitka Gear