Mud 27-Oct-18
swiggy 28-Oct-18
Will 01-Nov-18
Jethro 11-Nov-18
ScottyC 27-Nov-18
10-Oct-18

ScottyC's embedded Photo
ScottyC's embedded Photo
Shot this buck on Monday October 8th in 5c. I decided to put out some Golden Estrus, I know its early but I have been seeing some bucks bumping does around. I was messing with a little buck that was close by. I grunted at him and heard a deep grunt to my left.. The 10 pointer was grunting all the way in.....Shot was about 35 yards. Scored him at 141, and he weighed 225lbs dressed.

10-Oct-18
Nice

10-Oct-18
That's one nice buck.

10-Oct-18
Beautiful buck! Congrats.

10-Oct-18
Way to go, Scotty! Big buck indeed!

10-Oct-18
That's a beauty Scotty! Love the chocolate horns!

Just curious what part of 5C were you hunting? (generally)

10-Oct-18
Congrats!!!

10-Oct-18
Thank you guys.

I hunt near Wind Gap PA. My pop has owned a farm there for 40 plus years. Lots of hunting pressure in the area. Its a special piece of ground that I have been hunting since the early 80's.

10-Oct-18
Nice one Scottttty.

10-Oct-18
Sounds nice Scotty! You must be on the northern edge of 5C there. My wife's cousin is just over the border in 3D near Kunkletown. Nice area. I go thru there on the way to my in-law's in the Lehigh Valley.

10-Oct-18
Nice buck , congratulations

10-Oct-18
Awesome!

10-Oct-18
Congrats!!!!

11-Oct-18
congrats

11-Oct-18
Nice Buck! Congrats.

11-Oct-18
Very nice Scotty, A realtor that my wife is working with, texted her that pic earlier this week. Congrats!

11-Oct-18
WOW, CONGRATS.

11-Oct-18
Nice buck!

12-Oct-18
Thank you again guys. Picking up the deer from the butcher this afternoon. Cant wait to have some jerky from Wacky Worm. They make the best!! Good luck to all, time to get ready to head to Illinois in two weeks and hopefully knock down another big buck!!

12-Oct-18
Very nice. Congrats!

Bill v

12-Oct-18
Great Buck Scotty, congrats!!!

15-Oct-18
Congrats Scotty! Great buck.

27-Oct-18
Ah ha, so that's what happened to him. I'm on border of 5C & 3D along Mountain Rd. I myself don't hunt anymore, just target shoot & pest control. Actually, I haven't even shot a Groundhog in like over 4 years and I have 5 right in my yard every spring & summer day. My Children like to watch them, I'm older & don't care to do all the butchering anymore as I was the only one eating the venison. Now, I was told to try Groundhog. It is a clean white meat but never tried it.

That Buck, last I saw was on 512 & Mountain Rd, if it's the same one. I've seen several other young ones crossing, always coming down the mountain & heading into Saylorsburg. Even when I did hunt, I only took Doe if I got my tags. I'm not a gambler, price has went up, no sure bet you'll get your tags where you want. Between that & the work just so I can eat a stew, ah, I gave it all up. I always figured leave the big Bucks for fellas that have enough to mount a trophy like him. Just curious, this is an old post and I may not get an answer but, how many pounds of actual venison do you get back from that butcher? Just the deer, no add ins for burgers or sausage. I'm just trying to compare what I'd have to pay them against the hours I spent taking every single bit of meat I could from neck & such, cubing it for crock pot stews. I'm asking because last time I ever went to a butcher & paid, I was thinking they kept some or didn't do the job I'd do. Then again, this was back when butchering was $50.00 at most and that was with pork added in for burger & sausage.

28-Oct-18
Very nice congrats,hope Illinois goes better than what I had to deal with out there.

01-Nov-18
Great deer!

11-Nov-18
ScottyC, thanks for the tip on Wacky Worm jerky. Took the 2 hind quarters down for jerky. Just picked it up last night. Great stuff. Driven by there 1000s of times but had never been in.

27-Nov-18
Jethro..... That's some good jerky from Wacky Worm!!!

• Sitka Gear