Contributors to this thread:
Jesty19 10-Oct-18
jdrdeerslayer 10-Oct-18
TT-Pi 10-Oct-18
Will 10-Oct-18
Jesty19 16-Oct-18
MA_Bowhunter 16-Oct-18
10-Oct-18
Hey folks, First year bow hunting in MA and I am having a heck of a time finding someone/somewhere to process my (hopefully) future harvests. Is anyone aware of a place/person that will process game meat in the vicinity? Many thanks!

10-Oct-18
ive got a guy in athol ....very reasonable too. pm me for his number

10-Oct-18
Oh but that Athol stinks! Sorry I have a lisp. Carry on.

10-Oct-18
Jesty - I used to use Adams Farm in Athol... But I guess the USDA said they couldnt keep their USDA license AND do wild game any more, so they stopped this year.

I asked around, and have been convinced to try Valley View Farm in Templeton. I spoke to the guy, Matt I think, and he was cool and noted they do about 170-200 deer a year, and are prepping to handle solidly more given Adam's closing their wild game processing. If you google them, it comes up quick. They are maybe 1.5-2 miles from the center of Templeton, 101, first left on the road towards Williamsville/Barre, 1 mile and they are on the right.

One perk to me, was that he's very adaptable to do lower volumes of sausage/summer sausage/meat sticks etc. Just asks folks to have him turn to burger what they hope to ultimately make into those other things, then bring them back (in the vacuum bag's, frozen, that he sends them home in when the deer is cut) in January so he's not overly crushed with people.

16-Oct-18
Thanks much for the responses folks, heres hoping that I actually have to use one of these places this season!

16-Oct-18
Here’s a second for Valley View Farm. If you get one, PM me and i will tell you the trick to make sure you get good service.

• Sitka Gear