BIG BEAR 12-Oct-18
swampcop 12-Oct-18
BIG BEAR 13-Oct-18
Bows the way 14-Oct-18
Keith 15-Oct-18
BIG BEAR 15-Oct-18
ground hunter 15-Oct-18
12-Oct-18
My first chance to get out this year today, October 12th...... On my property in Newberry...... and wouldn’t you know it ..... I got snowed on..... heavy wet snow at the end of the day. When it stopped... I had a doe and a fawn come in at last light. Looking for any legal buck 3” or better..... I bought one tag. Try again tomorrow.... Chili alone by the woodstove tonight. No electricity. No running water. Life is good.

12-Oct-18
Sounds great...??

13-Oct-18
I know you guys don’t make the laws Scott but boy does it rub me the wrong way that the NRC outlawed harvesting does across most of the U.P. I talked to a lady deer biologist.... I don’t remember her name. She said basically that it was an unnecessary political move that was pushed through the NRC by the U.P. Whitetails Association.... A group comprised mainly of gun hunters. No bowhunters would have pushed for that. The biologist said there is no scientific data to support the ban.

14-Oct-18
Sounds like my place awesome.

15-Oct-18
Bear: I totally agree with you regarding doe harvest. To be clear, some of the UPW chapters may not agree with the outlawing of doe harvest. But, the largest, richest, and most outspoken is the leading force. By the way, the president of that chapter was ticketed for hunter harassment. It seems he doesn't like people hunting on "his" piece of open to the public land.

15-Oct-18
Sheesh..... He doesn’t want people hunting on HIS public land or shooting HIS does that might give birth to a buck for HIM to shoot......... unreal.

Shame on the NRC for caving to political pressure that is against what the deer biologists tell them.....

15-Oct-18
Big Bear I agree with you good post. I just returned from SW Wis Bluff Country, where my buddy own 64 acres, among them hills. that area is a killer for the climbs, but I got 3 doe tags for that area....

His cabin is a amish school house, with a small horse stall barn, and out house, nice real nice. wood stove and no power. He put up a solar panel, and he lights the place with small led table lamps, hooked to gel cell batteries,,,, works pretty cool

He is coming up here to Iron County next week for a few days of bird hunting...... The NRC listens to political science, not wild life science.

• Sitka Gear