BassNBucks 30-Oct-18
Pikentrout 08-Nov-18
Windwalker 09-Nov-18
Pikentrout 12-Nov-18
Pikentrout 12-Nov-18
Pikentrout 12-Nov-18
Shiras42 28-Nov-18
15-Oct-18
I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with the platte river recreation access areas? I was fortunate enough to get a tag for the 16 - 18 Nov rifle tag (area d). I be going with a bow. Any suggested advice? To dos and Not to dos? Anybody have and pictures of the deer that I might come across in these areas? And what can I expect? Thanks all!

30-Oct-18
I haven't ever hunted that particular area but I will say two things. Keep your expectations low. Rifle season anywhere in Nebraska is a ZOO! Secondly the deer quality continues to dwindle as it is a deer "killing" state and not a trophy managed state. Good luck on your hunt! For your sake I hope I am completely wrong!

08-Nov-18
The area is suppose to be closed off for deer hunting from 6 oct till 16 nov...only two guys on property and around 200 acres on the river with forest.

09-Nov-18
I totally agree with BassNBucks; could not have said it better. Game Commission here needs to wise up.

12-Nov-18
Well...I have opted out of the chance to hunt that land. I instead took some nice deer on some other public lands. 2 10 pointers. Supper happy with the chance at the deer I got. Thanks for the advice guys. I am waiting for some follow-up pictures from the one guy left in my unit if he comes across a decent deer.

12-Nov-18

Pikentrout's embedded Photo

12-Nov-18

28-Nov-18
Congrats and nicely done!

• Sitka Gear