2madjacks 11-Nov-18
BigOk 11-Nov-18
OneEye 11-Nov-18
longhunter 12-Nov-18
Bigelk76 12-Nov-18
Texomahunter 13-Nov-18
2madjacks 14-Nov-18
16-Oct-18
Ok week one is in the books and I’m sure it was a tough weekend with all the rain. I can’t seem to find any results so I thought this could possibly help us all if we have a weekly update thread.

Share with us what you know please!!! Thanks.

16-Oct-18
Friend of mine hunted. Think they spent a lot of time sitting in the truck. He thought there was one PY killed.

17-Oct-18
Also had a relative hunt there last weekend. He said one pope and young and a lot of heavy rain. I believe he said there had been 19 deer harvested as of 11 a.m. on Sunday.

19-Oct-18
Spoke to some guys that were returning from Mac on Sunday. They mentioned it was somewhat slow. Their group had a couple of shots and one was a wounded doe that they didn't recover. They also mentioned the P&Y was killed by a white hat. 150" gross.

19-Oct-18
I heard that Murphy's Meadow was a mud bog. Anyone have news on the conditions at the camp?

21-Oct-18
I just returned from a youth hunt at James Collins. It was slow. It was a mud bog. Since it isn’t far from MCAAP, I’d assume the conditions are the same.

22-Oct-18
From a reliable source, the week 2 results... 22 deer, 14 does, 8 bucks and one rock planted.

22-Oct-18
Awesome fellas, thanks for keeping us updated on the action and harvest counts!! Let’s keep em coming guys!!

22-Oct-18
I bet the rock was planted by a white hat also. Those guys know that place really well and kill some monsters

22-Oct-18
Guess that’s the benefit of volunteering. Have to admit I wouldn’t mind doing the same after retirement although that’s better than 20 years out!! lol

22-Oct-18
Wouldn’t be a bad retirement gig... one of those guys looks too young to be retired and he has to hold the record for the number of bucks taken off that place. I swear his pic is up there every year. Sometimes multiple.... lucky sucker.

23-Oct-18
Theyre not all retired. I can assure u of that. A lot of them are and they've been there a long time. Im not sure how the whitehat lineup has changed since bill retired. Things should be picking up the next couple weekends leading up to the grand finale on the weekend of nov 10. That is an awesome weekend

26-Oct-18
I'll be hunting hominy on the last weekend this year. Hoping to see some good ones. With some luck, even harvest one.

26-Oct-18
If the weather is good, that last weekend is something! Good luck! Spent the best two hours of hunting from a tree stand on the last two hours of our hunt in 2008. Then, after I got down, I was almost run over by a doe that was being chased by a buck. Within a few feet. Almost hit my arrow. So close I actually yelled. What a place....

28-Oct-18
Well then I see you there Texomahunter, I’m also gonna be in Hominy. Hoping we get to hear some better results from this weekend since they weren’t rained out.

29-Oct-18
Hopefully they will put some pics up of the harvests on the fb page too. I think the last weekend should be good.

29-Oct-18
My buds and I will be there this weekend. Hunting Hominy. The weather looks good for the hunt. There should be some good rutting activity. I bet there will be some rocks planted!

29-Oct-18
I’ll be there this weekend. We will be hunting in Boggy. This will be our first time hunting MCAAP any tips, suggestions or recommendations for hunting Boggy would be greatly appreciated.

29-Oct-18

2madjacks's embedded Photo
Good luck
Good luck
Weather is looking great for u guys this weekend. Don’t believe I’d be getting out of my stand at all. As far as hunting boggy I’ve had good luck just south of the pond that in between and south of the last 2 groups of bunkers in the far SW corner

29-Oct-18
2madjacks thanks for the help

30-Oct-18
Bigelk76, No problem hope it helps. Please come back after your hunt and tell us how it went for you. God luck!!

31-Oct-18
There was 20 deer killed last weekend. 3 P&Y bucks.

31-Oct-18

Hambone's embedded Photo
Today’s hunt highlights...
Hambone's embedded Photo
Today’s hunt highlights...
Today was pretty productive...small 4 pt buck traveling solo at 7:40ish and 4 doe sighted at 9 am traveling together. It’s a new spot that I’ve started to hunt this year. Glad to see activity.

31-Oct-18

Hambone's embedded Photo
Not 100% accurate one recorded hunts or time spent hunting...13 hunts totaling around 40 hours...
Hambone's embedded Photo
Not 100% accurate one recorded hunts or time spent hunting...13 hunts totaling around 40 hours...
Overall, I’ve got about 40 hours spent in my new stand this season...13 total hunts...forgot to log some hunts, and forgot to “end my hunt” on time after other recorded hunts.

I’ve taken 1 doe at 10:30 AM this past Saturday. Shot at a monster buck that came out last Thursday morning during the rain at 9 am. Watched a lot of small does and Bucks pass.

05-Nov-18
Hoping to see some great updates from this weekends hunt at McAlester Ammunition’s Plant. Let’s see some awesome pics and hear some stories about the activity. Weather/moon/rut conditions are looking right for this coming week as well!!

05-Nov-18
I'm going to Boggy this week. If this weather report holds, it should be good. Any tips on where to go in Boggy would be appreciated. I can provide some tips on the new area in Deer Creek because thats where I used to hunt when it was in Boggy.

05-Nov-18
Stinkbait1, I’ll be in Hominy this weekend. You ever been in there? I’m a solo this year so I’m pretty much at the mercy of whatever vehicle I can get in. Lol. No matter what it should be a great hunt.

05-Nov-18
Madjacks, Let me check. A friend of a friend hunted Hominy this past weekend. They saw lots of deer but no bigguns. Said smaller bucks were chasing and one in their groupl killed a pig. Let me see what I can find out.

05-Nov-18

05-Nov-18
Much appreciated

06-Nov-18
37 deer killed last weekend. 3 rocks planted. ;)

11-Nov-18

The last weekend of MCAAP was an awesome one for movement. Deer were feeding heavily on Water Oaks. Problem is the place is covered with them so it was pretty hard to get within range with them feeding so randomly. Bucks were still chasing but white hats said it was better earlier in the week. White hats were great as usual and I did manage to get my quality pass for next year!

11-Nov-18

OneEye's embedded Photo
OneEye's embedded Photo
I ended up with a 2 year old 8 pointer out of Hominy. Didn't see any really big bucks but my tent camp neighbors shot at a big one.

11-Nov-18

OneEye's embedded Photo
OneEye's embedded Photo
Better picture.

11-Nov-18
OneEye, That’s a nice buck, better than any I seen. I was also in Hominy. Congrats!!

11-Nov-18
Congrats to 2madjacks and OneEye.

11-Nov-18
Thanks, and congrats to you as well on your harvest. I feel like those deer were too spooky from all the weeks of hunting pressure.

12-Nov-18
Great job, 2madjacks and OneEye! We were there for the 11/2-11/4 hunt, in Hominy. Met Bigelk76, there- good to meet you, Steve!

I saw a lot of deer. One monster with a limp in his left front leg Friday evening and another 150 class buck Saturday evening. It definitely kept me in my stand, knowing that those big boys were in the area!

Never took a shot. Deer that I would have drawn on were out of range. Had some small bucks move by in range, but, not what I was looking for.

Neither of my buds released the "mystical flight of the arrow", either.

We had a great time! As always, it was well-run. I met some more great people who are dedicated to the sport of bowhunting!

That was trip number 11 and I can't wait for trip number 12!

12-Nov-18
Mark it was nice to meet you too. We took advice and hunted the area you pointed out at the “big map”. Had good and bad luck. I shot a nice buck, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to find him. Saw two other really nice bucks and a few smaller bucks. I can’t wait to go back. Hope I’m lucky enough to get drawn again.

13-Nov-18
I hunted hominy the last weekend. Deer movement was excellent. Bucks chasing does all over the place. Ended up seeing 19 bucks total and only managed to take a shot at 1 really good one. Shot was low as I misjudged the distance. Thought I was going to make it happen Sunday morning though, had a buck at less than 10 yards from my stand but he never stepped into my shooting lane. This was my first time hunting the ammo plant. I wouldnt hesitate to do it again. I saw alot of nice deer and a few giants. Hopefully I will draw out again in the next few years.

14-Nov-18
143 total harvested including 9 Pope & Young to complete the season.

• Sitka Gear