bowandspear 17-Oct-18
Ungie01201 17-Oct-18
Vermonter 18-Oct-18
Vermonter 18-Oct-18
Vermonter 18-Oct-18
Vermonter 18-Oct-18
mrw 18-Oct-18
16-Oct-18
Sitting in the stand. Windy but covered up any sound heading in. Should slow down soon. Good luck to any others out there today.

16-Oct-18
It was pretty windy last night, seems like it's slowing down. I took today off from work, going to try an all day sit. Good luck everyone.

16-Oct-18
Hopefully dome leaves came down good luck everyone

16-Oct-18
Wasentvexspecting to be out today wife has upper gi today So I have to take her so I get a few hrs in stand this morning

16-Oct-18
Early morning in Upton. Cool to see all the bright eyes on the way in. All is quiet.

16-Oct-18
Wind is dying down here in zone 10. Good morning to be out, but no deer (yet!).

16-Oct-18
headed out this afternoon.

16-Oct-18
Wind died around 7. Doe came by but too quickly. No shot.

16-Oct-18

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
I just bought some long underwear and new socks while sitting here. There’s no wind but the cold is going right to my feet. Suns up looks awesome.

16-Oct-18
Saw five does walking in and another, not sure what it was, under the stand. Shortly after getting settled in watched another doe feeding up the hill. Quiet now for a little while. At some point I'm gonna have to go to work, but I really don't want to...

16-Oct-18
No deer yet but saw an awesome looking red fox. Came right under me. White socks on him

16-Oct-18
Sounds like some good hunting overall. Very cool. I saw a couple does but no shots. Not sure Ill be able to hunt AM again for a while... bummer. I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is to be in the woods as the sun rises.

16-Oct-18
Back to work.

16-Oct-18
Redd Foxx wearing just white socks? I guess if he rose from the dead, that would be pretty funny way to haunt people!

Sounds like a great morning to be out...

16-Oct-18

Will's Link
But moons... What did the fox say?

16-Oct-18
Six Turkey hens under me this morning. Very windy. In a new spot this afternoon. Wind is a bit better. But not by much.

Worst case... getting saddle comfort down to a science. I'm done with hang ons and climbers. I think the sit drag setup is a winner.

16-Oct-18
Oct 22 turkey opener those Hens will be legal.

16-Oct-18
Just got up for the afternoon. Wind is not cooperating, swirling all around me. May have blown this spot for this evening.

16-Oct-18
"Just got up for the afternoon. Wind is not cooperating, swirling all around me. May have blown this spot for this evening."

Hopefully your not in one of your Prime Spots.

16-Oct-18
Addicted... If it's blowing hard as it is here, get down and go sneak around, put yourself in a spot that's to your advantage, but which is not going to blow your tree. Windy days are good "sneaking" days...

16-Oct-18
Not an A spot, but a solid B. Looking for a West wind and I am getting gusts from E, NW and NE. Very hard to walk around with all the fresh leaves on the ground from last nights wind storm.

16-Oct-18
In a western stand in ma after work. 1 hr hunt. First deer hunt in the Mantis with all it’s accessories. Very comfortable. Partner jumped 3 under my tree last night walk-in out. Maybe I’ll just take a nap

16-Oct-18

drslyr's embedded Photo
Hey does this saddle make me look fat?
drslyr's embedded Photo
Hey does this saddle make me look fat?

16-Oct-18
I suck!! Had 2 dogs come in poked at one at 30 hit a brach missed. They start yipping and HOWLING. Here comes 5 more friggen dogs. One comes by at 20 and I rush the shot and miss that one too. WTF!! Now it’s pitch black and I can hear them everywhere. Put the head lamp on eyes everywhere. They finally backed off and I could get down. Light jog back to the truck lol

16-Oct-18

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
Took a nice doe around 5pm at my evening spot. Meat in the freezer!

16-Oct-18
Nice job les

16-Oct-18
Had two does come out of bedding around 5. Looked like they wanted to head my way until a family of 5 fisher cats came barreling through directly under stand stand. Does were spooked and didn’t move for about 45 minutes, then decided they would take the long way around.

16-Oct-18
Haha Moons, I'd a been running too!

16-Oct-18
Congrats on the doe!

16-Oct-18
Nice deer, Les!

16-Oct-18
Nice Les! Congrats.

That's wiggy Moons. It would make me nervous - amazed they stuck around after you shot. Every time I see them from a tree they seem more skittish than a mature doe, down wind, who's seen you move and is trying to figure how to boogie without being seen!

16-Oct-18
Congrats!

16-Oct-18
Nice job Les. Just checked the fields, this cool cape air has all the deer up! Fields are loaded. Counted 17 deer Bring it on

16-Oct-18
Thumbs up Les.

17-Oct-18
Congrats Les

17-Oct-18
Good job Les

17-Oct-18
BDD Les! Nice

17-Oct-18
Nice job les! Moons, I had the same issue.. only no shots offered. Almost got a shot a real big yote. They were yipping all around me and I had a nice conversation w/ one on my way out as he followed me up the ridge. Kinof eerie.

18-Oct-18
Shameless plug but couldn’t help myself. My wife’s new business is selling cool socks and someone mentioned a red fox with white socks.... one of her six designs is a red fox with white stripes lol!

https://trollsocks.com/collections/original-6/products/foxy-1

18-Oct-18

Vermonter's Link
Shameless plug but couldn’t help myself. My wife’s new business is selling cool socks and someone mentioned a red fox with white socks.... one of her six designs is a red fox with white stripes lol!

18-Oct-18

Vermonter's Link

18-Oct-18
Jeez sorry dont know why that posted so many times... not trying to be a spam queen :)

18-Oct-18
Nice doe Les!

• Sitka Gear