ChiefDaddy 30-Oct-18
T Mac 30-Oct-18
longbeard 01-Nov-18
T Mac 02-Nov-18
T Mac 03-Nov-18
Arrownocker82 22-Nov-18
Silverback 27-Apr-19
16-Oct-18
I have been looking through landwatch and land and farm. Any suggestions? Boots on the ground is probably best but unfortunately that is tough for me right now. Looking for cabin with bordering state land or 100-150 acres with cabin. Price range 150-200 k. Chenango, Oswego schoharie broome....basically just north or west of Catskills. Thanks

16-Oct-18
I am thinking more of state land if it’s the right situation ie: on backside of property with limited access allowing for more land if rifle hunting. I rifle hunt opening weekend and the camaraderie of camp with a few good friends and our boys creating memories together is part of what we’re looking for at least initially. Pat did you work with a specific RE agent(s)?

17-Oct-18
I am in NE Chenango County near state land. We started as a hunting camp , but built our home back in ‘95. You should be able to find what you are looking for in your price range, but definitely check out the taxes first. Although I love my place, taxes are murder, especially in Chenango County. We started with 21 acres in ‘87 and are now up to 120. I agree with Pat, near state land is ok, but you do not want to border it. As far as purchasing, we were lucky, as we bought from a farmer that we hunted since the early 60’s.

17-Oct-18
I have a place in 9H southern Erie county, 25 acres butt's up to 200 acres boys camp in that price range, house included... too bad you don't want something in wny.

17-Oct-18
It is sad that such a beautiful, diverse state has been destroyed by a certain political persuasion. If it wasn’t home and if I didn’t have so much time and $$ invested and was a younger man I’d be heading west.

17-Oct-18
Hey Tom , good luck with the search. Try Christmas and Associates ,Land And Camps. They seem to have a lot to explore..I've been looking as well. Was actually thinking of possibly leasing some land first before I jump into purchasing something. See how much use I can get out of it..Not sure if that makes sense.. Good luck..Mike

17-Oct-18
Try Craig's List Syracuse they have a hunting cabin on Dog Hollow Rd in Cuyler Cortland County around 100k 40 acres might suit your needs.

18-Oct-18
Check out Gateway Properties, they have a listing near Morris , NY that might meet your criteria.

19-Oct-18
Thanks for the provided info guys. Squash I am definitely interested in learning more about the property in Morris and emailed nick of gateway to learn more about it. I’m looking into a piece where some fields are rented by local farmers. This seems to be nice initially to offset the taxes. Any thoughts on that good or bad? Thx again!

19-Oct-18
Renting fields to farmers will enable you to claim Ag exemptions lowering taxes on that portion of land, but here in NE Chenango County you are lucky if you can find a farmer to cut the hay. Seems like supply has outpaced demand. Another way to lower taxes is the 480A tax law where you can lower your taxes buy initiating a forest management plan. This also have limitations and pros and cons. Not saying it’s a game breaker, but make sure you know your tax liability before buying. I hVe quite a few out of state neighbors that thought they were getting a great deal on land until they got their property/school tax bills.

20-Oct-18

SteveBNY's Link
Contact Bob Palmer at the link. He does a lot farms and hunting land between Cortland south to Binghamton.

20-Oct-18
Will do thank you Steve!

29-Oct-18
I have a nice cabin and 11 acres for sale that is within 2 to 5 miles of public land. Price is 69,900. It is listed on Zillow 955 Slate Creek Rd,Andover NY

30-Oct-18
I am selling 26 acres that borders the Natl. Forest of 6000 acres. It's in Schuyler county, Hector NY. No cabin but a 12 by 16 shed that you could turn into one.Great deer country.

30-Oct-18
Silverback & Kq3q9f - put those properties on the huntingny.com forum and I bet they sell.

30-Oct-18
xbowfromny, I will,thanks for the tip.

30-Oct-18
Does anyone know where a person could hunt out on the Island? My mother-in-law lives in Riverhead, NY. Thank you!

30-Oct-18
Guys thank you all for the responses. I am looking for something within 5hr or less drive so for me it would be east of Binghamton and south from Norwich east to albany essentially southern zone. I am actively pursuing via internet and through a few real estate offices. Should you know of anything within those parameters please share. Thanks

01-Nov-18
TMac where do you live now?

02-Nov-18
Eastern end of Long Island.

03-Nov-18
I would think less road frontage would be better for less trespassing?

22-Nov-18

27-Apr-19
My camp is sold.

• Sitka Gear