JayD 21-Oct-18
Babysaph 21-Oct-18
wv_bowhunter 21-Oct-18
Rutbuster 22-Oct-18
hookman 26-Oct-18
Babysaph 26-Oct-18
mountain william 30-Oct-18
18-Oct-18
I wonder why WV doesn't offer a written permission form like OH?

18-Oct-18
Geesh don’t start this or there might be a written permission form for WV group that takes off because OH does it! What about KY? LOL just kidding OMG should it be 1 page or 2??? 3 pages would just be wrong! Now that’s funny! Ok just did my Larry the cable guy routine for the day - oops one more GET ER DONE!

There has been some talk on here before about something that could be done with the Regulations Booklet such as advertising in it - a form there or one that you could be downloaded from the DNR website would be nice. In the booklet I am sure an extra page printed would be a cost.

18-Oct-18
I would think that a state provided form would make hunting access easier. The landowner may feel more comfortable providing permission if there was a state permission form.

18-Oct-18
The state isn’t responsible for the terms in which the landowner and their hunters agree to. It wants no part of that. Because as sure as they did provide one, eventually they’d be drug into a lawsuit. That’s my guess anyway.

18-Oct-18
Yea keep it simple. I just go ask for permission

18-Oct-18
I agree with Mountaineer, I figure the state doesn’t want their name on any form that could drag them into litigation if someone were injured or killed while hunting on a private property

18-Oct-18
Their are many states that provide a form . Some states have their dnr logo other states just provide a generic form you can download. Most forms read about the same which relieves the land owner from any and all liabilities.

18-Oct-18
If there were law suit issues you would think that other states would no longer provide permission slips.

18-Oct-18
Agree a generic form shouldn’t hold the state responsible for anything. Again only thing I could see would be the printing cost of the page - so have one on the website and make it downloadable.

18-Oct-18
It could be done . The DNR could petition the legislature to pass a law saying the DNR and state can not be held liable for producing a simple uniform landowner permission form.

19-Oct-18
I agree, Rutbuster , I used the one i downloaded from another state and marked out the name of the state . Just dont see how any state could be liable for having this form on their web page.

19-Oct-18
I would think this form would make the game wardens job easier. If you don't have the signed form from the property owner then it is a ticket plain and simple.

19-Oct-18
Become a forester. Have the neighbor of a client literally hit a contracted logging truck in the ass, while drunk, get charged with a dui, then the guy sued them, the logger, the landowner, and myself. You’ll get a real good idea of how the state could be drug into court by producing a form for written permission.

19-Oct-18
I would think that the same could happen on public ground. Anybody can sue for anything but it doesn’t mean they will have a leg to stand on.

19-Oct-18
SMH---Some guys above and their statements.......

Maybe just include a copy attached to their 3 buck tags....That way they could charge an extra $1 or 2 for them.....

19-Oct-18
SMH---Some guys above and their statements.......

Maybe just include a copy attached to their 3 buck tags....That way they could charge an extra $1 or 2 for them.....

19-Oct-18
Yea you can get sued for anything. Doctors get sued all the time even after explaining everything to the patent including all things that can go wrong and have them sign a form that they understand. Then you have to defend yourself and you reputation. I was once told it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

19-Oct-18
JR, actually a discharge paper saved my ass one time. Nationwide, an ER doctor gets sued once every 4-7 years. In 30 years I got sued once. A guy had hurt his finger, I got an X-ray and didn’t see a fracture, the next day the radiologist didn’t see a fracture. I put a splint on his finger and told him to see his family Dr in 3-4 days for a recheck to see how it was doing. I put that on his discharge papers and had him sign it. 7 weeks later he went to his family Dr and he had a fracture in the finger. He sued me, the radiologist, and the hospital. It went to trial and the jury found in my favor because he didn’t follow my instructions . So they can help you but it was still a pain in the behind being sued and having to go to court. I remember sitting there looking at the jury. There was a 40 year old guy sitting there with a Mickey Mouse shirt on. I remember thinking my future was going to be determined by a 40 year old guy in a Mickey Mouse shirt . LOL. But common sense prevailed.

20-Oct-18
SMH - Big Otis - you may be on to something maybe charge one of the big outdoor supply stores to advertise in the Regulations and at the bottom of their full page ad include a cutoff permission form would be a good idea - glad you came up with that idea about making money on the form! It would be good PR for the company.

You know the DNR does have some good ideas to improve revenue flow - like having extra tags that a hunter must buy before the season but yet so few end up actually using them.... you know like 1/5th of 1% of all deer hunters kill a third buck! So they actually sell a product very rarely used that actually makes them quite a bit of money - how much better does it get? Maybe just maybe that additional revenue is why you have seen an improvement for 10, 5 and even over the past 2 years......

20-Oct-18
You are lucky. I keep good records and most of my patients don't do what I tell them. Lol.

20-Oct-18
You are lucky. I keep good records and most of my patients don't do what I tell them. Lol. That's why I say raise the limit of bucks you can kill to say 5. Someone will buy the extra tags. Funny thing is that the guys not buying the extra tags probably kill all the extra bucks. No way to stop that. What about the 2 or 3 that bubba kills in July or August? Lol

20-Oct-18
Dnt published regulations cost approximately 7k a year. That's from the dnr.

Since only.000000000001 percent of hunters kill a third buck we need to have a ten buck limit.

20-Oct-18
Fighting for that 3rd buck tag tooth and nail, but nobody kills them,so then do away with the 3rd tag and add the cost of that 1 tag to the other 2 that everyone buys...Part of the problem solved....Thats 2 bucks tags at the price of 3...But hey, that would mean after killing that 1st one, you would have to be selective as well......nobody wants that.

20-Oct-18
Here’s an idea. Try to get land owners to only give written permission for a 1 buck limit. Maybe we should start an add campaign to instruct land owners to sign only for one and done.

20-Oct-18
They will make up for it with the crop damage permits.,

21-Oct-18
LOL the old selective routine again. Yes that sounds like a great deal there - pay the same or more - for less product. The old get two for what you use to pay for three scam. LOL I know in your world everyone shoots 3 spikes and all non-resident hunters come and shoot 2 or 3 little bucks and then go home and then shoot massive bucks in their home state. There is just one problem with that - those pesky numbers just don’t support your claims. Yep I guess using the facts must be called fighting tooth and nail - I will do it every time though. I can actually be selective on all of my tags and not have them reduced - I have already passed on several bucks and have only hunted for about 3 hours so far or simply 2 short evening hunts. Sorry I am one who sees that the extra tags bring in extra revenue and very few actually use them. So do you actually know all of the 683 hunters out of 300,000+ total hunters who killed a 3rd buck? I do hope you have a better season than last season - I sure am looking forward to the next few weeks - should be exciting!

21-Oct-18
Yea I'm starting to see the light.,it does look like a revenue source for the state and since not many are being used then that is the way to go.,

21-Oct-18
Yes, give it a rest!!! Every thread I click on turns into an argument about buck limits...

22-Oct-18
I agree. It’s almost prime time. Time to get serious for the next 4 weeks or so. I’m excited.

26-Oct-18
I was told by a game warden that he cannot go on to private property and ask to see written permission without the landowners request. A lot of landowners will not give written permission because they think it will make them liable for injuries.

26-Oct-18
If someone is injured on their property they can be held liable.,written permission or not.,

30-Oct-18
some want their way or no way so bad they try to hijack every thread.

• Sitka Gear