Huntskifishcook 18-Oct-18
Proline 18-Oct-18
Will 18-Oct-18
Dthfrmabove 29-Oct-18
Pi 29-Oct-18
Snowshoe 29-Oct-18
Dthfrmabove 02-Nov-18
18-Oct-18
tomorows wind actually looks ok for once and i have to go back to work next week. soo thinkin about an all day sit, just curious for those of you that have sat dawn to dusk whats your do’s and dont’s?

18-Oct-18
Don’t fall asleep! I typically like getting down at some point and stretching the legs. Ike walk back to truck eat sandwich head back in. I also like to a different for change of view especially if I saw nothing inthe am.

18-Oct-18
This time of year it's gonna be a lonnngggg day to sit all day

18-Oct-18
I sit all day no prob dress warm warmer than you think. Plenty of water . If your a figiter bring something to keep you occupied. food . Range finder keeps me busy. I like to pick a object gusset the yardage then range it see how I did also helps if a deer comes in and you kno that lil white rock he’s on is 28 yrds warm clothing cause once you get froze it’s probably over. Good stand helps a lot

18-Oct-18
Agreed with bjst. I am always surprised by how many people do all day sits before November. Bucks and even does just aren't moving in the middle of the day yet. Of course theres always exceptions but I cant say I have ever heard of anyone killing a buck middle of the day in October except for maybe the last couple of days. All day sits burn you out for sure so save your all day sits for November when you have a way better chance of mid day movement. All things considered, this is probably one of the worst times of year to do an all day sit. You are much better of scouting mid-day right now.

18-Oct-18
I barely get time for a few hours at this point in my life. lol. but after Halloween, I try to find a couple days to hit the woods for a full day.

18-Oct-18
To me, every hour in the woods is a chance. Plus if you read articles on deer movement, they do move mid day, most often to water and stretch their legs near bedding. Plus pre rut calling can get them moving. Remember, just because they are seen less doesn't mean they move less. You just need to know where to look. Or, all the hunters scouting and leaving at that time can push them your way.

18-Oct-18
+1 Hick! Ive only managed to get once. Had this morning planned but the wife needed me to attend to the kitchen remodel. Don't ever do a house project in deer season guys...............

And don't have a kid in deer season like FatKid did !! ;-)

18-Oct-18
I had 2 bucks on my cam at 7:45 this AM an they came back at 10:30 AM. I'm going in early afternoon. My guess is they are bedding close by in this wind. Nice 8 and big 6 (about the same size as the 8).

18-Oct-18
Go getum Ungie!

18-Oct-18
Proline, I've been working on a kitchen remodel for the last year, going slow taking my time, but when September hit I put it in high gear! Wife was surprised at my sudden burst of motivation.

And I'm too old to be spawning any more kids. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

18-Oct-18
Im probably not far off your age. Looking forward to retirement so I can hunt everyday! Few more years.

18-Oct-18
Got all my house stuff done preseason now works killing my time. But on my cams I got many deer the last couple weeks from 11-3.

18-Oct-18
Leaving Friday morning at 4 am for the Maine youth hunt with my 11 yo son. We're hunting at a camp NE of the Forks on Indian pond, it's a 7 hr ride. My son has already informed me we are sitting all day. He checked the Moon charts and it shows peak movements at 0830-1030am and 0230-330pm. "Dad it's not worth getting down ". My buddies call him "Iron ass" ! Since I started taking him at age 7, he has done several all day sits with me in both 2 man stands and ground blinds. BTW, no electronics allowed, family talk about life keeps us busy on stand, pretty funny to have a kid tell you shhhh, your getting loud.

18-Oct-18
All days aren't for me. Xi, that's more awesome than I can put into words!

18-Oct-18
Xi that's a hike! I snowmobile up that way. Good for you with the boy and great he has that attitude at a young age!

18-Oct-18
Xi - that's beyond awesome! Have a blast!

29-Oct-18
Buddy called me today at 1:30 said he almost hit a deer in his drivewY. A 6 point. Checked my camera at his house and had a nice 8. Fully mature thick rack buck tending a scrape at 10:30 this morning. Get in the woods boys south coast is getting better

29-Oct-18
Dang straight snake man. It pops for us a little later but it is hopping here. East side.

29-Oct-18
All day sits are tuff I'm retired now so I can pick my days in nov I sit all day you got to have your head in the game no doubts of the stand your in if you keep going in and out they will paternity you as we try to do with them I bring Xtra clothes in with me along with my thermos and lunch play games on my phone with the sound off ha ha but all day sits is a head game I've taken many deer between 10 and 3 you just have to stay put most hunt the first few hours in am then back to truck or scouting leaving sent every where in and out stay put you will be surprised how many deer they kick up

02-Nov-18

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Here is the 8 point I had on camera at 10:24 am. Right after the rain we had that morning !!!!

• Sitka Gear