bowandspear 19-Oct-18
fran 19-Oct-18
Huntskifishcook 19-Oct-18
Huntskifishcook 19-Oct-18
Will 19-Oct-18
18-Oct-18

Will's Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP1ckQL0mLU

A few of you mentioned these guys, HFSC perhaps? I've found the vid's really fun. Watched this one last night. Loved the willingness to go DEEP and the location made me think of a lot of areas in MN I've been (just visiting, not hunting). The buck the guy shoots half way in is awesome too - 3 mile trek out! AWESOME.

18-Oct-18
Will, I love what these guys are doing. Honestly, I mimicked their VERY aggressive strategies during turkey season and had birds within bow range 6 of 7 days this spring. If you haven't checked out their turkey tour, definitely do so. They are also showcasing hunting very positively imo. Thanks for sharing!

18-Oct-18
Seen it last week,love these guys! Cool show

18-Oct-18
So it was you Joe. I agree. I like the style. Heck, I did a still hunt yesterday and ground sit... partly due to the wind and due to seeing some of their stuff as I've started getting "hooked". Like you said, the representation is good as well.

That's cool Dean!

18-Oct-18
I've mentioned them before as well I believe. Very good youtube series. These guys were all interns on Midwest whitetail at one point and some of them were the "public land" team. Long story short they decided they wanted to make money for themselves instead of for Bill Winke, so they created "The Hunting Public" and teamed up with Legendary Whitetails and Ted Miller from White Knuckle Productions. They mimic Dan Infalts aggressive strategy to infiltrate bedding and get awesome video content by doing so. They relay this info to the public and keep a positive attitude the entire time which is why I think they have the most value added content out there right now. This is basically how I hunt, just don't have Iowa's deer density to go along with it. My sightings and encounters have sky rocketed by adopting the mobile approach.

18-Oct-18
I love how the content is delivered within days of the hunt. Really gets you pumped for the next video. Should be a new one within the next couple days with a kill!

18-Oct-18
oh wow...Garret is the guy who got me started saddlehunting. (well, aside from MRW) I watches all the DIYsportsman videos on youtube. can't watch this with the volume up cuz I'm at work, but I'll definitely check this out later.

I have a real bad habit of staying very close to roads, mostly because I hunt alone.....so if I need help it would be easier for someone to get to me, and the solo drag wont be so long. I really want to change that this year now that I've got the saddle and steps (ie mobile setup) pretty much down.

19-Oct-18

huntskifishcook's Link
These guys are the real deal.

19-Oct-18
Cool. I'm not hiking in 3 miles unless I'm sleeping in the climber overnight. And don't think I haven't thought about it ;P

19-Oct-18
I'll leave the 3-mile hike to you young guys.

19-Oct-18
Haha, I might be slightly younger, but I'm so down with however long the hike might be if it includes meat. But I'm far less successful than you guys, so there is much chance it's happening.

19-Oct-18
Less*

19-Oct-18
Just watched a little of the one you posted today Joe. The guys reaction and how he handled it. Awesome. No BS "when in doubt back out" grip and grin acting as if all was fine. Owned the shot, explained it and what he learned. You could see how it could happen, and man, I felt for the guy. You got me hooked.

• Sitka Gear