Dthfrmabove 20-Oct-18
spike78 20-Oct-18
19-Oct-18
Who is out and where

I am heading out Z11 this morning

19-Oct-18
Good luck.

19-Oct-18
Good luck buddy hopefully this afternoon, definitely tomorrow for me.

19-Oct-18
35* and no wind so far down here ..GL!!!..tomorrow's mine

19-Oct-18
All settled in. Wore the Arctic sports by muck today. Plan on sitting a while. What a difference walking in with these compared to the LL Bean boots. These things feel and sound like I put cinder blocks on my feet

19-Oct-18
Work! These are the mornings I like cool and no wind. Good luck. Looks like a breezy weekend coming

19-Oct-18
sittin z9 off aswamp edge, best morning so far! lets see some bucks on that meatpole!

19-Oct-18
Good luck all. sitting in my office.

19-Oct-18
Edge of a field zone 9 for a couple hrs before work. Good luck everyone.

19-Oct-18
Good Luck, All! Z0 for me....

19-Oct-18
Not out this week. I'm Watching and waiting.

My core area : Checked camera #1 yesterday and trimmed a few limbs. Same old does, no visitors of the Buck kind. Camera # 2, (off in the deep) will soak for another few days. Looking for that Big visitor before I move in.

I have moved my climbers to intercept the action to come. Now to wait.

My local small bucks have gone to pow-wow with the Batchelor's I presume. I hope they bring a few guests back to the party...

19-Oct-18
Good luck guys! I've been so busy, haven't hunted since Saturday.

19-Oct-18
Had a doe with a yearling Cruise by real fast. Then all hell broke loose had a buck in tow and a couple seconds later another one trotting behind. Cold weather has got them moving and chasing !!!!!

19-Oct-18
Could hear them grunting and snorting. Don’t know if she is hot or they are just a little wound up. I am thinking the cold weather has got them going a bit

19-Oct-18
Nice dth!!!! No shot small bucks?

19-Oct-18
awesome DFA sit tight. That's what we want to see in Z11. Make it proud !

19-Oct-18

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
This was the one taking up the back. The other was either a big 6 or and average 8. All that doe had to do was turn left instead of right and they would have come by

19-Oct-18
Dsmmm nice deer!!!!

19-Oct-18
Whoa DFA , that is hot spot!

19-Oct-18
DFA that's awesome. It sure feels like a perfect morning - sounds like it's been a fun one! Z0 for me as well...

19-Oct-18
Dfa, It's Perfect timing for an "early girl." She must be getting ripe. If it was a spike or two I would think they are just not educated and running on their own hormone kick but this seems to be otherwise.

Stay on it bud.

19-Oct-18
Sounds like a fun hunt Shawn! I’m headed back out to the coyote spot for redemption. Hoping for a deer but if those dogs come back I’ll be waiting

19-Oct-18
I'm inspired and going out too. Dang. I tried to stay home.

19-Oct-18
I'very been out since 1:30. I'm out behind my house. Of course I'm in the treestand to the left and the wife sends me a text that 3 deer went behind my hunting garage to the right. I should have been in the garage. I could have sat on a couch, drinking coffee, legs up, and just shoot me a nice one. Oh well. I'll stay in the tree until my son gets home from school and see if he wants to hunt.

19-Oct-18
Just got settled in at what I call my “ C “ spot. Where I shot the spike this year. First afternoon sit here. It was the only place I could get to this late in the day. This damn work thing keeps getting in the way of things

19-Oct-18
Dam bugs ughhh!!!

19-Oct-18
In a new spot on public land. Not going deep yet but just staying close to some clearings.

19-Oct-18

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
I’m about ten feet higher than that ridge.
I’m about ten feet higher than that ridge.
Was waiting on boss man to send me a report since yesterday 12 noon. Finally got it over with - 3:45 on Friday of course. I’m in a new spot a new permission. Looking for a doe maybe. Just saw two hikers I’m about 40 yards off the trail over a ridge hoping some folks would come and push deer my way. It looks like a hiding spot they would run to.

19-Oct-18
Getting swarmed by black birds Hitchcock style

19-Oct-18
I'm imitating Arch, observation sit off a swamp near a field edge on public. Might get a chance at a doe, great night even if I don't! GL all!

19-Oct-18
I'm in a new spot on public. I don't want to kill off my private land spots. Hoping for some movement. As we all are. The air is great. Cool but not freezing. Just relaxing. Might take a nap.

19-Oct-18

arch2112's embedded Photo
arch2112's embedded Photo
Public spot was a success.

19-Oct-18
Congrats!

19-Oct-18
Great buck congrats!

19-Oct-18
Good one arch2.

19-Oct-18
I had an interesting adventure.

I moved a climber into a "back there" spot. So that I would be further back than I want to be during the rut. But what a cluster f**k that was. The Tree was just so much trouble with a climber that has no bar to sit on. bad lean and lumpy etc. I didn't think I needed a pull-up rope but I did... I was bothered.

I decided to put it in the interior "rut spot". But I was making Too much noise and thought it was too far in so it's off to tree # 3. I had to improvise a pull-up rope with the segment connection rope and my cable lock. So I was a bit concerned that if I lost the bottom section I would be in a fix. Aggravation and a little steam building up at that point and it's getting close to that time... Arghhh

Finally, I get up the stupid tree. Hang my gear and am about to eat an apple. The brush comes alive. A doe moves past at about 30 yards but I'm not looking for the doe today. I contorted to keep an eye on her as she was feeding. Then as I slowly turn back around I sense there are eyes on me. There is a little 6pt'r looking up at me at 15 yards. But I didn't move. He must have heard my frustration.

By bow was held at an angle with my arm partially extended, I froze. My feet were close together and almost one in front of the other. Minor details right? Well not if you have to stand like that for 15 minutes. That little bugger just kept looking and standing there. dipping for another angle and then looking around a little, then back up at me some more. I was not going to lose this battle. And I didn't. After about 10 mins I was able to shift a bit as he turned around but he kept me almost motionless until he moved off to feed. At one point I almost wanted to shoot the little brat. But this is a long-walk spot and no way will I stink it up for a small one but I was tempted, just because...

19-Oct-18
Thanks guys. This was a spot I had a cam out for just the summer. Pulled it in August and stayed out until today. Wind was perfect. I knew he was bedded up on a ridge. Wasnt sure if he would venture out. Luckily for me he did.

19-Oct-18
Got into my public spot about 1.5 miles in and realized that I forgot my harness.... So i only climbed about 10-12 fit high. Had a couple does come in at 20 yards but momma saw me and they blew out. Then about 30 minutes later a nice buck came in at 30 and hing around for about 45 minutes but never offered a ethical shot. Crazy, all this was at around 4-430

19-Oct-18
Great job arch !!!!

19-Oct-18
Nice deer arch. I was climbing down the tree heard voices so I stopped. It was dark. I knew I heard voices- 5 min, 10 min nuthin. Totally quiet. Finally I saw a flashlight leave.

19-Oct-18
Awesome job Arch, nice buck ! Glad you others are seeing deer !!! Pi, you have better restraint than me, I'm getting hungry.

19-Oct-18

c130drivr's embedded Photo
c130drivr's embedded Photo
First post and first deer with a bow! Started sitting in the morning at sunrise and saw nothing. Spooked one walking back to my truck for a snack at lunch then headed back to the stand. Was sitting for about an hour and a half, maybe 2 when this guy caught my attention behind me. He was preoccupied and gave me the chance to get up and turn for the shot. I let it fly at about 25 yards and he only ran 75 yards or so. This is the the exit side, the hit was a good lung shot. Dressed out at 100lbs. Great day my friends!

19-Oct-18
Glad to have one in the freezer B@S otherwise I would be conflicted. You'll get yours soon enough. Last year I waited till later in the season but this year with the 2 extra weeks it was perfect for an early one.

19-Oct-18
Good harvest c130 . congrats.

19-Oct-18
Congrats C130!

19-Oct-18
Congrats on your first that’s awesome

19-Oct-18
Good day for C130. Nice.

20-Oct-18

Arkansas's embedded Photo
Sorry, not the best picture but I was mostly worried about getting it out of the woods.
Arkansas's embedded Photo
Sorry, not the best picture but I was mostly worried about getting it out of the woods.
I got my first of the season (and first in Mass!) today! It only ran 30 yards but I had to haul it out almost a mile. Well worth it!

20-Oct-18
Good for you Ark. Congrats. The long haul indeed!

20-Oct-18
Nice work!

20-Oct-18
Good work Ark that long haul will be worth it when you fire up the frying pan.

20-Oct-18
Thanks, guys. I was just super stoked to get on the board in MA public land.

20-Oct-18
That mile drag will make it taste that much better. Good job !!!!

20-Oct-18
Congrats on your first MA deer!

• Sitka Gear