ryanb 19-Oct-18
Belchertown Bowman 19-Oct-18
mrw 19-Oct-18
Will 19-Oct-18
Dthfrmabove 19-Oct-18
hickstick 19-Oct-18
Dthfrmabove 19-Oct-18
19-Oct-18
What is the best way to wake yourself up if you sleep in your stand or climber?

19-Oct-18
Why with a deer in front of you of course!

19-Oct-18
Slowly, quietly, and hopefully tied off to the tree!

I fall asleep in my saddle all the time. I have set my phone alarm in my pocket to vibrate. Biggest thing is to try not to move as you wake until you can slowly scan the area around you. 4 or 5 years ago I shot a nice 7 pointer as I woke from a nap.

19-Oct-18
Very carefully. I'm so scared of heights, I cant sleep up there. I may get a little head bob now and then, then I think of how it would feel to dangle from the tether as a wake up call and am wide awake :)

MRW's idea makes sense though if one was to nap up there.

19-Oct-18
During our trips to Ohio I would fall asleep all the time in my stand. Guys would laugh at me because I would wake up to a crap load of deer under me. They called it the. “ snore-grunt call “. Just wake up and like was said before. Scan the area slowly and let your eyes adjust to the surroundings. It is movement that the deer pick up on not the stupid blob in the tree. If you are high enough they will never know you are there until it’s too late

19-Oct-18
yup..all the time....

In my former life I was a steel worker at the same time I was lead singer of a punk metal band....which meant a lot of late nights and early mornings. I would take naps up on the steel all the time (without being tied in)...I know, not the smartest.

now in a stand...I will put the bottom limb on the toe box of my boot, lean my arm across the top limb and lean on my arm and snooze. in the saddle I can just lean into the tree or sit back like a recliner. lol.

DFA...so now I have to add snoring to smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee, and eating donuts. the list of strange things that seem to attract deer "that you're werent supposed to do". lol

19-Oct-18
Hahahh. Hick. I have taken up quietly humming a peaceful tune in my stand. This morning was Gordon lightfoot “ the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald “. Seems to put the deer at ease. I guess they like his music. Lol

• Sitka Gear