JayD 19-Oct-18
The_Squid 19-Oct-18
Little Bear 19-Oct-18
hookman 19-Oct-18
WV Mountaineer 20-Oct-18
Little Bear 20-Nov-18
hookman 05-Dec-18
19-Oct-18
I was just stationed here with the military and have no prior knowledge of of WV. I’m an avid bow hunter and have been fortunate enough to have hunted all over the U.S. What I’m looking for is knowledge. I’ll only be here for about 3 years so that’s hardly enough time to really get to know a place. If any of you gents could show a little mercy and drop some knowledge on a new guy, I would be forever grateful.

19-Oct-18
I was just stationed here with the military and have no prior knowledge of of WV. I’m an avid bow hunter and have been fortunate enough to have hunted all over the U.S. What I’m looking for is knowledge. I’ll only be here for about 3 years so that’s hardly enough time to really get to know a place. If any of you gents could show a little mercy and drop some knowledge on a new guy, I would be forever grateful.

19-Oct-18
Welcome to our great state. Help us out and maybe you will get more help than you need. Where are you located? Are you a trophy hunter or just a bow hunter? Do you want to hunt deer,bear,turkey,etc. Tell us a little about yourself.

19-Oct-18
Where are you stationed?

19-Oct-18
Welcome.

19-Oct-18
Welcome to wild and wonderful WV! Where are you and what do you need?

19-Oct-18
Glad to have you here in WV! There are many hunting opportunities here for you - have some fun!

19-Oct-18
Thank you everyone for the quick responses! I just opened a Navy office in Charleston. I would not classify myself as a ‘trophy hunter’. More of an avid bow hunter. To me, deer are food, turkey are fun and bear are a mystery. I’ve looked into public land, and leasing land. I’ve read a lot of these threads and tore the reg book apart. I’m not looking for ‘sit right here’. More so a push in the right direction for this transplant. ?? Thanks to all again.

19-Oct-18
Kanawha State Forest has some big deer and lots of trails for hiking. Chief Cornstalk not that far with probably a better deer population. Those are a couple of public land options. Plymouth Amherst is another in Putnam county. And Wallback WMA to the north of Charleston. Welcome to WV and best of luck.

19-Oct-18
McClintic WMA has a lot of great hunting right outside of Point Pleasant. An hour drive will get you there easily. They have a 14" minimum spread on bucks. Cornstalk is another great option with no minimums.

20-Oct-18
Welcome. There is some really good hunting round Charleston, all the way down Corridor G to the state line. Good hunting to the west towards Huntington. God hunting to the north. Good hunting to the east. Starting to get the drift? :^)

If you get as far south as Beckley, look me up on here by PM. I'll show you around.

20-Nov-18
How's it going Squid? Have you located a place to hunt? Are you exclusive to bowhunting or are you rifle hunting also?

05-Dec-18
Go to "westvirginiabowhunters.org and think about joining our great group of Bowhunters , a great way to meet and talk to some great, helpful people. We have a banquet in March that you don't want to miss.

• Sitka Gear