LonghairedDaddy 14-Nov-18
Dan In MI 18-Nov-18
JL 19-Nov-18
DMC65 20-Nov-18
Copperman 21-Nov-18
19-Oct-18

Copperman's embedded Photo
Copperman's embedded Photo
So seems to be starting to become a tradition around here, let me start the thread this year again. I've been seeing lots of good bucks on the Facebook pages taken but nothing here. I'll start again with my fall tom.

19-Oct-18
Nice job Some good eating right there

19-Oct-18
Way to go !!!!!!

19-Oct-18
Good score on the bird!

Been getting some good cam vids on private land.....NLP public land has been the usual dismal. I'm running 4 spots on public (w/cams) and a few does and the very few bucks are on the smaller size. Did have the sow and 3 cubs come in again.

20-Oct-18
Cool video

23-Oct-18

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
My first deer with a longbow.

24-Oct-18
Bownut ----- Excellent nice photo

27-Oct-18

Roger Norris's embedded Photo

27-Oct-18

6 point and a doe so far. Both with my Northern Mist Ramer

27-Oct-18
Very nice guys !!!!

27-Oct-18
Nice shooting Roger. The boys and I have been putting a hurt on the Woodcock and Grouse this year.

29-Oct-18

happygolucky's embedded Photo
My son is a freshman at UW this year (2hrs further from camp). His mid-terms were this week and we had decided this would be his (and our) 1st and most likely last bow-hunt weekend of the season. This is the 4th year I've owned what I call The Dump (really shitty land) and I have not hunted without him. I'm not sure if I will in the future either.

I picked him up from UW on Friday afternoon and we headed to Esky. We sat on Sat am from 6:30am to 10:30am and were both skunked. We were back in stand by 12:30pm. I saw a button buck at 1:10 and that was it for me. My son had a doe and fawn at 1:15 and then 2 spikes and a fawn around 5:00. The buck in the pictures entered after that chasing the spikes. He left and then came back at 5:45 and gave my son a shot and he executed. We had a great blood trail and a short one at that (< 60 yards). I am very happy for him getting a deer in his limited opportunities this year. He was stoked too. Weird rack. Damn college :).

We did not sit Sun am. He saw 2 does and a forker on Sun afternoon and I saw 1 doe.

Yes, his deer was shot with a compound. That is what we both shoot. Also, neither of us are trophy hunters. We have shit for bucks on our crappy land.

29-Oct-18
Nice job guys.

29-Oct-18
Well done Roger and everyone else. I love seeing those trad kills! What a black face on that 6pt. Very cool.

29-Oct-18
Jim,, You’re an inspiration for me to keep trying to improve my ground in the UP.... good for your son !!!

Roger...... I still haven’t forgotten about another rabbit hunt.... maybe this year !! Nice deer !!!

29-Oct-18
Big Bear....anytime, would love to have you. My email is [email protected] just let me know whenever you want to go.

Lots of nice harvests on here, awesome!

29-Oct-18
Good job guys. Wife and I have only sat 4 times this year. Health reasons prevent one of us from sitting in the cold. Sat 3 times this weekend and saw no deer. Dang full moon.

30-Oct-18
looking good guys, about to start my vacation, cant wait

12-Nov-18

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
Magnus Black Hornet 100 grain. I love this kind of a blood trail.
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
Magnus Black Hornet 100 grain. I love this kind of a blood trail.
11-10- 18 evening 6 point. This is the best buck I have seen this season. Lot's of spikes, fork's and spork's maybe they will grow up next year.

12-Nov-18

PinePoint's embedded Photo
11-4-18 This guy came out and chased 4 does off the field I was hunting over.

12-Nov-18

copperman's embedded Photo
copperman's embedded Photo
Finally some fresh backstraps!

13-Nov-18
Nice shot

13-Nov-18
Well done everyone! PinePoint, awesome shot and a big bodied buck there. That boy was definitely rutting.

13-Nov-18
Way to go guys !!!!

13-Nov-18
thanks Bownut, most ridiculous blood trail I've ever seen

14-Nov-18
The last time I had a trail like that it was with my grandfathers 30 06.

14-Nov-18

LonghairedDaddy's embedded Photo
LonghairedDaddy's embedded Photo
Shot this guy on Oct. 24th. My first buck in 10 years. It was my first hunt on a new property in Southern Shiawassee County.

18-Nov-18

Dan In MI's embedded Photo
Dan In MI's embedded Photo
11-11

19-Nov-18

20-Nov-18

DMC65's embedded Photo
DMC65's embedded Photo
Had a great bear hunt in the UP ! Picking bait sites and haulin bait in , sometimes as far as half a mile in was a bunch of work . Lots of sweaty , stinky t shirts! The bears started showing up and i got trail cam pictures of some bruisers. Two of my three baits were gettin hammered regularly. My best site had five bears hitting . Two giant boars , one like a VW and the other long and lanky. A third big boar showed up ,coming on a different trail , who has a nice Chevron on his chest. Lots of options but my wind was completely wrong during my first week of hunting. I had to hunt a bait that was only getting night pictures. On my fourth afternoon I went into the big bear bait with a marginal wind and got busted by a bear with a 55 gallon drum lid stuck around his neck. Yeah, a barrel lid! White one too! Someone should be a little smarter with their bait barrels... Anyway, I sat the same bait three days later and was able to make a good shot on a nice bear! My viper trick did a great job. So good I won't post the picture of where he gave up the ghost. Too bloody! Made the recovery with the help of a friend in the rain . I didn't get any good pictures In the bush because of the rain. All in all it was an outstanding experience. I learned so much and can't wait to draw my next Michigan bear tag!

21-Nov-18
nice bear! ya he looks a little soggy

• Sitka Gear