Proline 20-Oct-18
Paul 20-Oct-18
XMan 21-Oct-18
Will 22-Oct-18
Belchertown Bowman 22-Oct-18
Will 22-Oct-18
19-Oct-18

Public land hunter's Link
Heard a few stories, still skeptical. And testimonials out there on vanilla extract bringing in deer?

19-Oct-18
Any testimonials. Not and.

19-Oct-18
Nose jammer smells exactly like vanilla

20-Oct-18
I've been using combination of nose jammer and Evercalm for a couple of years now..EC on my boots and spray some jammer on me..ill start in August when going to hang stands/cameras..I'm not sure if they get used to it by the time the season rolls around but it does seem to calm them down..

this year I've been playing with the vanilla scented x mas tree air fresheners,..so far it doesn't seem to bother them..

Last week while sitting in my natural blind and the wind in my face, I decided to experiment. I went out 40 yrds to my left and sprayed nose jammer 2ft up from the base of some trees, to the right 40 yrds buckbomb doe pee. I had deer all around me all day. The ones that came in from the left were pretty calm. The ones from the right weren't jumpy but they would look around a lot more. A couple would do a light foot stomp then move thru.

Was it because they were used to the vanilla and I introduced a new smell.? Don't know but its fun to watch.

20-Oct-18
My buddy uses apple cider and vanilla sweats by it

20-Oct-18
Bears like it .

21-Oct-18
I use evercalm and think it works fairly well, just don’t over use it and I think deer are fairly comfortable with the scent being around.

22-Oct-18
Interesting Nose Jammer (vanilla ish) thing...

I had a yote come in today. He stood, directly down wind watching a little bowl for squirrels for several minutes and a no time did he looks worried or nervous. I was in my climber, probably 14~ feet. I was up on a skinny ridge, so he was probably 20-25 feet below me and only 20~ yds or so. Maybe my smell was going over him - but even around the tree from strapping the stand on, nothing seemed to alarm him.

So, either he was under my scent, or perhaps the nose jammer (vanilla) might just do something...

22-Oct-18
So that nose Jammer Will, how much do ya use,.. I got bottle but the instructions were like douse everything.

So Will,.. Like just a squirt on each boot or are you marking big swaths on the trees you are in like they suggest?

Little detail there please?

22-Oct-18
I dont put it on me at all... I just blast the tree. Literally. I'm talking, every time I stand up, I smell it :). Probably 10-20" of spraying the tree from about chest to head high once at hunting position...

• Sitka Gear