TT-Pi 20-Oct-18
Will 20-Oct-18
Jimbo 21-Oct-18
Moons22 21-Oct-18
Deerdawg 21-Oct-18
bowandspear 21-Oct-18
TT-Pi 21-Oct-18
20-Oct-18
Who’s out? About to walk into my stand. Wish it was colder and a little less windy. Good luck!

20-Oct-18
Heading out first time this season to the backyard.

20-Oct-18
Headed out shitty weather :(

20-Oct-18
Out, bumped 1 on the way in. The wind does cover a variety of hunting sins. Good luck!

20-Oct-18
Yup I messed up should have hunted last night and took the dog out this morning.

20-Oct-18
Sitting my stand down the street this am. Had a good showing of doe last night in an area about 400 yards from this stand, all out of range though. Is a bit windy, hopefully is calms down.

20-Oct-18
Out in my rut stand today. Rain washed away any scent I put here yesterday. Warm and windy with some showers. Very windy !!!!!

20-Oct-18
looking for feathers this morning with puppy....good luck, all!

20-Oct-18
On a ridge on public. Wind is blowing hard but from deer path towards me. So if the wind stays the same, they won't know I'm here when they walk by. 20yards and under shots. Have to take small shots, too much cover still. I don't want to risk hitting a branch.

20-Oct-18
Daddy duty today goin out after noon wind will be half as much an blowing in my favor setting up a camera tmm at a buddys in zone 11 he keeps seeing a group of 3 bucks in his feild on a daily basis

20-Oct-18
In the stand this morning had a moose over the hill walking through making his chucking sound saw a nice buck going across the rd to a cut off lot will check it out latter today good luck all

20-Oct-18
In the stand this morning had a moose over the hill walking through making his chucking sound saw a nice buck going across the rd to a cut off lot will check it out latter today good luck all

20-Oct-18
Wow a moose?

20-Oct-18
Tree surfing in zone 8 first sit of the season good luck everyone stay safe in the wind!!!!

20-Oct-18
Tree surfing zone 10. Nothing yet.

20-Oct-18
Had one under my tree in the dark, walked off calmly. Wonder if it was the same that blew at me on the way in. Gusty winds are making this interesting. Might need to push further back into the swamp.

20-Oct-18
Good luck everyone. Right after the rain has always been good for me.

20-Oct-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Lighted nok in frame!

20-Oct-18
Moons. Doe?

20-Oct-18
Read my live hunt

20-Oct-18
moooooooonnnnnnnsssss!!

20-Oct-18
Saw a doe, but no shot. So I pushed her to 1 of my buddies. He never saw her. Would help if he wasn't napping. In his defense, he is 74 years old. Oh well. I got in my exercise for today. Have to mow the lawn and take 7 year old for her hunting turn.

20-Oct-18
Went to my first spot but a car was there already so I drove on. Off to spot number two. Jumped one on the way in, had another one under me the moment I had finished setting up, but was still dark. Then nothing. Decided to see how complicated it would be to pack up, move and climb another tree with the saddle set up. Piece of cake. Sat in the new spot for a bit. On the way home the guy from spot number one was gone, but I saw a drag mark. Dropped my stuff off at the house and went back to see where he shot it. Fortunately he is hunting another area. I traced the blood trail and found his spot. Now here is what frosts my ass. At the base of a tree I found like ten f'n buck bomb cans, many well rusted away since they have been sitting there for years. Some were relatively new. WTF...pick up your shit! Asshole.

20-Oct-18
Walking in now taking a break half way damn its warm out winds dying down a bit an goin the perfect direction

20-Oct-18
Z11 with my back to a swamp where a lot of deer bed. I’m on the edge in some hardwoods. The wind just shifted perfectly, but now I’m wondering if I should be calling or has the rut not started quite yet?

20-Oct-18

Psebrute's embedded Photo
Psebrute's embedded Photo
I just let out a small grunt for shits n giggles so if anything heard me come in i got wind in my face looking at a river an to my right is train tracks behind me is 50 yrds of swamp then hardwoods an fields i usually see deer every sit the deer come from their beds feed on acorns on theyre way to the fields

20-Oct-18
Boston unless there is an early doe in heat then it is still feeding time.

A social call is good . doe bleat . expect young bucks to check it out. Does may move in also.

20-Oct-18

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
Arrownoob's embedded Photo
Z10 all is quiet

20-Oct-18

Tazman's embedded Photo
Tazman's embedded Photo
Second sit of the season, first with the boy. Jumped one walkin in and passed 6 brand new scrapes. This heat sucks

20-Oct-18
Peter, I'll clean up next time, promise! J/K...

I usually have 1 can of BB each season. Spray a touch on my boots heading in, and I've put 2 deer in the freezer that followed me in. Never leave anything in the woods, except I lost a pair of glasses once.

Some honey-do during lunch break. Spent over $6K on a dive trip to Bonaire for February, bringing the kids who just got Scuba certified.

Back out on some town land. 3rd hunt using Dan Infalts Hunting Beast sticks - I like them a lot! There are acorns everywhere, can't see how you can pattern deer movement with food everywhere.

Good luck all!

20-Oct-18
Wind is starting to settle here in zn 11. Just enough noise to help cover my entrance.

20-Oct-18
Two sporty trespassers just jogged by. Annoying.

20-Oct-18
Joggers might be in season, you should check the regs!

20-Oct-18
MRW They have to have a nice rack to qualify !!!

20-Oct-18
Big racked does . I like it.

20-Oct-18
Ground hunting from the edge of a field till dark. Just had 6 longbeards walk past at 30y 48 hrs too soon.

20-Oct-18
I’m on a scrape and a big turd. Poop is a little old but scrape is new. I’m 100-150 yds in from clover. Need to fill a doe tag.

20-Oct-18
Didn't See Squat ... Until I got to the marsh and there was a big deer about 100+ yards out walking from the woods to the creek... Way out in the middle of nothing with just the ocean and creek. Going fishing under the moon? Eating seaweed? bathing?

Yes, I tried to call it over. No, it didn't.

20-Oct-18
Hunting 2 pointers Dfa?

20-Oct-18
I'd hoped to take the kids in this evening for a sit in the blind, but they were having so much fun riding bikes with the neighbors we just rolled with it. My wife is on 12hr days this weekend so no TST (Tree Stand Therapy) for me - I'm living through you guys.

Peter, I am with you. Pack in, pack out. Dont be a jerk, some bird watcher wanders through the woods, finds the stuff and suddenly every hunter is a litter bug in their eyes. "We" dont need that...

Moons - you find it?

This morning felt good, then it got warm, then the last part of the day felt good again to me... I noticed on BBH on FaceBook that several guys posted pic's of what look like 3.5YO's... I think the boy's are getting a bit antsy...

21-Oct-18
Moons, did you get it?

I made a ground blind on a field edge yesterday afternoon... saw 2 deer, but they were in a different field. I had a pet chipmunk around me the entire time... came within a few feet of me repeatedly.

21-Oct-18
Yes I got him guys check out the live hunt

21-Oct-18

21-Oct-18
Pi, try clanging 2 quahogs to together to call those Marsh bucks. :)

21-Oct-18
Dang , I was using Scallop and oyster. I knew it didn't sound quite right. Maybe during the chase phase... Quahog scent too? This is getting complicated.

• Sitka Gear