Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
spike78 21-Oct-18
hickstick 22-Oct-18
Proline 22-Oct-18
Notme 23-Oct-18
Belchertown Bowman 23-Oct-18
21-Oct-18
Had to work today down in PA and passing through CT, NY, NJ, and PA I saw deer everywhere and it was 20-30 mph winds and nasty out. I even saw some in a parking lot! Yup way different down there as opposed to here.

22-Oct-18
Someone on here posted last year or the year before, spike....a hungry deer is a hungry deer. They will get up to feed when they hunger no matter if its 69 deg out or a hurricane.

22-Oct-18
I am a big believer they move more than we think. I do think during the mid day hours they tend rise but do not travel far from where they are bedded. They get up, eat close to where they are and bed down again.

23-Oct-18
We had a freak mid November snow storm a couple of yrs ago..the wind was screaming blowing the snow sideways for hours..I sat in my truck watching some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen under my swamp stand happily feeding

23-Oct-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Hello,

That was Data Driven BB who posted that last year,.. I have thought of writting a book called the Data Driven Hunter but so far failed,.. sorta like my bowhunting! LOLOL

So that article was from one of my favorite sources those folks in Penn State who GPS collar deer and then examine the data and post really nice graphs and tables for idiots like me!

The gist of the article that I will link too,.. is what is the perception of wind effect on deer (by hunters),.. and then what is the reality based on actual real life data.

Enjoy the read ,.. I think it will have many more of you getting out there in the windy days,..

https://ecosystems.psu.edu/research/projects/deer/news/2018/blown-away

• Sitka Gear