NEIAbowhunter 24-Oct-18
hobo 25-Oct-18
1boonr 28-Oct-18
Cobie33 07-Nov-18
NEIAbowhunter 07-Nov-18
Cobie33 28-Nov-18
Cobie33 28-Nov-18
23-Oct-18
can anyone tell me if bow have to cased while transporting during hunting season in iowa? thank you

24-Oct-18
far as i know, no. I've never cased my bow and I don't know anyone that does. I can't find it in the regulations anywhere though to prove it.

25-Oct-18
ok thank you

28-Oct-18
I wouldn’t worry about it. There are very few game wardens in Iowa

07-Nov-18
Strangely enough I got pulled over for speeding by a state trooper about 15 years ago or so and had a bow in a case as well as another I was selling sitting in the front seat, bare. The officer, who was a bowhunter, mentioned to me I needed to have it cased as it is treated just like a gun. I told him I have never heard that and have never seen it written that way, but would remember it in the future. We talked whitetails and then he left me with a warning.

07-Nov-18
I'm not saying you're right or wrong Cobie and I sure wouldn't argue with a state trooper. I've never heard of anyone around here casing a bow and I can't find anything that says you have to or don't have to for that matter. As far as treating it like a gun, felons can possess bows and hunt but not firearms so I'm not sure. I know of a couple guys around here that did some stupid stuff right after high school that bow hunt but cannot use a gun due to a felony. So I believe you were right when you told him it's not written that way.

28-Nov-18
I personally don't see where it needs to be cased and think the trooper was using his interpretation. I went to school with several law enforcement guys, they don't case their bows all the time and said they don't agree with the trooper. I was pulled over in NE Iowa NEIAbowhunter, between Waukon and Decorah, so was in your neck of the woods.

28-Nov-18
I personally don't see where it needs to be cased and think the trooper was using his interpretation. I went to school with several law enforcement guys, they don't case their bows all the time and said they don't agree with the trooper. I was pulled over in NE Iowa NEIAbowhunter, between Waukon and Decorah, so was in your neck of the woods.

• Sitka Gear