tradi-doerr 25-Oct-18
Adventurewriter 25-Oct-18
COLOH2OFWLR 25-Oct-18
Orion/CO 29-Oct-18
COLOH2OFWLR 30-Oct-18
23-Oct-18

COLOH2OFWLR's embedded Photo
I can't pull the bow with some shoulder issues, so I drew a buck muzzleloader tag this year. As I hunted the same ranch for muzzy pronghorn, and again with my daughter for her rifle pronghorn, I knew there were some good bucks, both muleys and whitetails, out there and was hoping for a good one. Hunted hard for 5 days and managed a decent, OK, personal best, on the last day of the season!

23-Oct-18

And yes, my daughter scored her first big game kill as well!

23-Oct-18
Nice...congrats to both of you!!!

23-Oct-18
Awesome job!

23-Oct-18
congrats to both .Terry is that a 50 cal Hawkins rifle? I built one from a Cabellas kit few years ago.

23-Oct-18
Congrats Terry. Nice buck! Tell your daughter congrats too. That's a great pic.

23-Oct-18
Nice, congrats to both.

23-Oct-18
Every think about donating the meat? Asking for a friend! Congrats to both!

23-Oct-18
Thanks for the remarks guys. The gun is a Traditions Hawken Woodsman in 50 cal. We donate a portion of meat through a Care program at church. And lastly, I didn't think she'd be able to pull the trigger if the time came. I was blessed to watch her do the belly crawl to less than 100 yards only to have them move away. At 220 yards they stopped, and she whispered, "Can I shoot when I'm ready?" I replied, "Anytime...don't wait on me." The gun cracked, the doe dropped, and while prone, she thrust her arms in the air and went "YESSS!!" I am a Happy Pappy!

23-Oct-18
Nice! Congratulations to the both of you for a great couple of hunts!

23-Oct-18
Awesome, congrats!

23-Oct-18
What a thrill. Congrats to you both.

24-Oct-18
Congrats. Nice to see others who still use the side lock ML's. I have 3 but still using the bow... for now anyway.

24-Oct-18
Maybe I'm stuck in a rut, but I just can't bring myself to use, or own, an inline!

25-Oct-18
It's a good rut to be in in my opinion. Keeps the challenge in the hunt. Not only the closer you need to be over an inline, but if the damn thing will even go off when you pull the trigger. Plus I get to play Jeremiah Johnson when I get that 2nd choice ML tag.

25-Oct-18
Congrats to the both of you Terry!!

25-Oct-18
Is that a Lyman trade rifle kit? I made one years ago and killed some elk with it

25-Oct-18
The gun is a Traditions Hawken Woodsman in 50 cal.

29-Oct-18

Orion/CO's embedded Photo
Orion/CO's embedded Photo
Great deer and great rifle! Here is the CO unit 8 buck I got this year with my Thompson Center 50 cal Hawken that I made from a kit back when I was in High School (over 30 years ago). Using a Hawken is like being part of history. I also shot a unit 87 buck antelope and a G-7 nanny mountain goat with it last year.

30-Oct-18
Nicely done Orion! Great picture.

• Sitka Gear