Trax 23-Oct-18
ROUGHCOUNTRY 23-Oct-18
Scrappy 24-Oct-18
Trax 24-Oct-18
Nwmontana14 25-Oct-18
Aspen Ghost 06-Nov-18
c3 06-Nov-18
23-Oct-18
Anyone know if E-assist bicycles are allowed on the gated trails marked no motorized vehicles? In some states they are allowed, don't know about Montana.

23-Oct-18
It seems unenforceable to me like minimum draw weight on a trad-bow which depends on how far you pull it back. If an e-bike can be pedaled with or without e-assist, how could someone possibly claim you had the "juice" turned on?

24-Oct-18
Look at this way, some guys with Male plumbing will try and say they are not male. Exact same thing with an electric bike that has a MOTOR. It is still motorized no matter what you try and tell yourself.

24-Oct-18
Scrappy is right, but what does the state say? What would a warden or forest service cop say? I can't seem to find anything in the book...

25-Oct-18

Nwmontana14's Link
MONTANA’S E-BIKE LAW FOR TRAILS » LOCAL: Consult your local land management agency. » STATE: Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks does not currently have an eMTB policy. Contact the department for the most up to date information. PeopleForBikes is monitoring this policy and will update this document as needed. » FEDERAL: On federal lands, eMTBs are considered motorized vehicles and have access to motorized trails. Contact the U.S. Forest Service Northern Regional Office or the BLM Montana/Dakotas State Office for more information.

06-Nov-18
Roughcountry, Do you mean I can drive my atv on non-motorized trails as long as I have it turned off when the heat arrives? I'll just say I pushed it there. Same logic.

06-Nov-18
Trails in Montana that I've been hunting this fall don't say closed to "motorized" vehicles anymore. The new signs say closed to "mechanized" travel. Total bummer as it locked me out of a 9 mile deep canyon that is perfect for mtn biking way back in.

• Sitka Gear