Bighornarcher 30-Oct-18
BassNBucks 08-Nov-18
oldgoat 08-Nov-18
oldgoat 14-Nov-18
fishnride 14-Nov-18
Jaquomo 14-Nov-18
fishnride 28-Nov-18
24-Oct-18
Just checking to see what you guys chasing white tails down in the flat country are seeing. Any action yet? Scrapes, bucks chasing does? Should be getting started any time now!

24-Oct-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Pre rut is happening, ie, buck are starting to roam. A few scrapes in Nebraska but no chasing of does yet. Prime time Nov 2 - 15. Although I have killed buck in late Oct. with grunt sounds, and some very light rattling.

This roaming buck in Nebraska last week challenged a truck. The truck won.

24-Oct-18
Scrapes, for sure, chasing? Still a couple week out. Rifles coming out this weekend to put the brakes on everything. I like Paul's dates above, but archers won't get back out until the 7th.

24-Oct-18
the only good thing about the rifle season coming up, is that a lot of corn is till standing allowing the deer to hide.

24-Oct-18
Yup the early rifle season CAN be pretty bad due to the standing corn

24-Oct-18
I was down on the eastern plains yesterday. Saw one smaller buck that was by himself but didn’t look to actually be interested in following his nose. Caught a group of 2 does traveling with a decent buck just before daybreak on the trailcam. The rut doesn’t appear to be ramping up just yet.

25-Oct-18
I've seen zero active scrapes where I'm hunting. Might be better on private though, muzzle loaders were keeping them pretty stirred up on public last week.

25-Oct-18
4 small bucks around 6 does on Monday and no chasing yet. The big boys show up in about 2 weeks to breed. This is along Boulder Creek here on the front range.

26-Oct-18
Last night, deer were cruising all over. I observed several small bucks chasing one doe. It's starting.

26-Oct-18
Just hope the big boys hide out a few more days to stay safe;-)

27-Oct-18
Bow is tuned, broadheads are sharp, come on sweet November.

27-Oct-18

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Lots of deer, big ones still hiding.

28-Oct-18

Big-Al's embedded Photo
Big-Al's embedded Photo
Light chasing and the big boys were still hanging with the lil guys. This guy came in though and at 32 yards, I couldn't pass.

28-Oct-18
and rightfully so, nice buck!

29-Oct-18
Nice buck

29-Oct-18
Very nice!

29-Oct-18
Good job, Nice buck.

30-Oct-18
Very nice Al!

08-Nov-18
Bucks are definitely on their feet now! The big ones are just about to really get rocking!

08-Nov-18
I concur with BassNBucks, seen three bucks from my stand and one doe yesterday morning.

14-Nov-18
I got out of my stand about ten minutes too early yesterday, damn near got run over by a doe being chased and seeing bucks cruising the river bottom, now if I can just get one of them to make a mistake instead of me making one!

14-Nov-18
Didn’t see as much activity today as I hoped. Caught the tail end of one moving fast but just got a glimpse. Not sure if it was a buck but I couldn’t get it to come in with bleats or a rattle. 2 does in the distance, one kept checking behind her. I did see some new bucks on the trail cam show up in the last couple days so I know they are moving.

14-Nov-18
My hunting partner watched five bucks chasing one doe this morning, running like crazy, so its definitely on. Mostly muleys where I am and only some sniffing and following happening.

28-Nov-18
I know it’s kinda late In November but deer were on their feet all day yesterday. Bucks were roaming long distance with their guard totally down. Crossing huge fields mid day. I couldn’t make it happen but tons of action.

• Sitka Gear