Babysaph 28-Oct-18
BowtechDan 28-Oct-18
26-Oct-18

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

26-Oct-18

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Last weekend or first of week I had several people message me this from Facebook . I looks surprisingly similar to several posts here. This “secret information “ was right around the time of the last Commission meeting where the Director spoke about the need to send out additional surveys to address sampling bias in the first round of surveys. The bear issue from 3 years ago is being pushed again in what I assume is some effort to question my credibility. IDK for sure, but in my opinion that’s how it seems.

The bear was legal. I think Stormy Daniels lawyer, Michael Avenatti is having money problems. Perhaps, he could be hired to see if I might have kissed a girl in high school or see if he can find evidence that I might have drank beer In high school or college?

This is so stupid! I can post a picture of 14 kids that likely got their first deer and only a handful of people congratulate them, but I can post that it’s partly sunny and there will be a novel written why it’s not partly sunny but partly cloudy instead. For this reason I’m done with bowsite.

Everyone have a good season and be safe

26-Oct-18
That has JayD written all over it.

26-Oct-18
I am not on either “side” of this buck limit debate... but don’t let all this stuff get to ya.

Would love to see all this nonsense get put to the side and some constructive conversations get going like the good o’l days.

I really hate to see you go. You’ve shared a lot of good information over the years about the management efforts on your farm.

27-Oct-18
It seems like every time I drive to Morgantown to pick up my daughter one of these post pops up about me. Upset when I saw it last night of being accused about doing something - so instead of going off with a temper last night - I wanted to calm down a bit before replying to this.

So Cory what kind of magical wand or powers do you and gobbler think I have to be able to convince people to do or not to do such things? I am pretty sure that Steve Basnett is his own person and post his own opinions on what he thinks! Yes, I know Steve Basnett from a Facebook page that he is administrator of - we agree on somethings and guess what we disagree on a few things. He and I have had several discussions about antler restrictions - I feel they are the same as size requirements for a fish - he does not agree with me. I can tell you that we don't call each other out on it like you call people out! I think Steve Basnett is smart enough to read your all's post and come to his own conclusions without any help from me! LOL you all have certainly post enough stuff on here for all of us to come up with our own conclusions! Funny thing is I will remain on those pages that you called out (Basnett's page and WVsportsman) but even though you invited me back to your page - you rescinded on the offer - because I am one who stirs the pot - lets go over a few more facts.......

You know something Basnett ask me the other day to send him one of your post - you know the post where you said "I stirred the pot and that I could go to Basnett Outdoors, Wvsportsman and some mystery guy named Kenny to stir the pot". He ask me to post the good advertising for him. So yes I posted that for him - I have nothing to hide what so ever.

You know when something like this happen before in the dnr survey thread - I came clean and stated what I think about gobbler. Yes - he and I have had our differences of opinions and we have debated. I told him what I remembered about his bear kill and even remembered congratulating him but that I could not remember him saying he ran feeders so I could come to no conclusion on if he did wrong or not. Heck I said that since we cannot search back here on bowsite that far that I had no reason to not take his word that he did no wrong! Now he comes out and says he ran feeders and telling everyone here the distances and directions of each feeder - and somehow I am to blame! Give me a break! I believe everything is right here on this site for anyone to come in a look at - seems to me that is what Basnett has done. In that thread - I also stated that I wanted to thank Gobbler for stepping up to the plate and serving as a commissioner - even though we disagreed - it is a tough position and I don't care who you are you will upset someone. I can almost guarantee you the people who you say I can sway to do these things you say I do - well I am pretty sure they would think i am wrong in saying Gobbler should be thanked!

Now I will tell you what I did do: I sent an email to the director asking him about the rigging, the bias, the stacking of the deck and that someone in the DNR should be held accountable for doing those things - that both Gobbler and you said has taken place. I ask him if it were true. I went to the top guy because of the accusations where no proof or evidence was given - that the two of you made and then in which it was repeatedly said that no more information could be stated until the director came back. Guess what the director came back and neither of you provided no more info or proof - so I went right to the source. He then called me and told me he was absolutely certain that no rigging had taken place! I have not heard Gobbler's reply if he still thinks the survey was rigged or not - I think it would be interesting to hear Gobbler's thoughts on the rigging or bias of the survey now.

Now lets continue further with what happened after I posted about what I was told in the phone call - you then posted that you pretty much disagreed with the director and even called out a DNR employee! I stated then and will state now - I have talked with both of these gentlemen and i think they are both really good guys - from my take of it you think otherwise since you still think the survey was rigged - am I wrong on that?

The above are the facts in this matter and it is all here in black and white - just go back and look at all of the posts! You know Cory - you have called out the DNR, the director now, an individual DNR employee, Basenett Outdoors, WVsportsman, Mysterious Kenny and me (numerous times) - YOU STILL WANT TO STICK TO THAT LINE THAT I AM THE ONE WHO STIRS THE POT? Who on here is next in your lineup to call out? You two have been the ones who posted and made the accusations about rigging, bias, stacking of the deck, DNR employees being held accountable, about the silent majority, distance and directions of feeders - you did it without any help from me so take responsibility for your post and accept that it has upset some people and rightfully so.

So I still have one question for you: I know quite a few of you group's members and they all have said they have not seen one post about the supposedly rigging, stacking of the deck or bias of the DNR survey on your groups facebook page..... I just find that odd - why is it that a group that is 18,000 strong: and you wouldn't want them to hear about this rigging of a survey which is partially about something they are so deeply committed to - and you keep them mum on what you and Gobbler have said took place? Then you rescind your offer to me to rejoin the group (remember I quit the group myself and wasn't kicked out like some of the others your group has removed). I mean Wow 18,000 people - that would be a pretty strong force to deal with if they all thought something was rigged - don't you think? Maybe the guys I know have just missed that post on your groups page.

27-Oct-18
Basnett asked you to send him one of my posts? How did he know about it? If he saw it with his own eyes why would he need you to send it to him?

You know quite a few members of the group and they have all told you they haven't seen a post about survey. If they are of the group, the group hasn't had a post about survey, and they haven't seen a post about it then how can they be telling you anything unless you reached out to them? There simply would be no info to know and.magically tell you they dont know anything about it.

The FOIA Simply isnt mine to release. You would be surprised to know where I got my info of rigging from. If no one felt it was rigged why send out additional surveys?

Ive probably been quiet too long on who originally said it was rigged.

27-Oct-18
I don't do FB and dont understands how it works but it looks like Steve Basnett posted this

27-Oct-18
This is the World Wide Web. Every one has access to it. Everything here is black and white print. And no one here is picking on anyone else.

In life you get what you give. And, when you repeatedly insult people with condescending tone and attitude, you have to realize it’s coming back on you sooner or later.

But, to get your feelings hurt because people didn’t over run your thread with posts of admiration, is as telling about the man as anything he’s posted.

I wish you the best on your retreat. If you decide to truly go this time. If you stay, treat others like you want to be treated and things will be just fine.

27-Oct-18
Cory - guess you need to ask him - Again I don't speak for him or anything like that - heck I sort of thought he was a member on here - thought i remembered seeing that he took the poll last winter about grading the DNR and deer management on here. I would assume he had a reason to ask me though - just like you ask me to do several things here in Berkeley County for sunday hunting. So really out of what all I stated in my last post that is the only answer you can come up with? You really think we are the only people on this site?

JR you are correct Steve Basnett posted that on A Page he created called WV Whitetail Alliance. You would think some people would learn what and what not to post online if you don't want people to talk about it.

27-Oct-18
And after all of that we will still have a 3 buck limit.

27-Oct-18
Let it go men , enough is enough, let us talk about bowhunting. I think that is what this site is intended to be.

27-Oct-18
Amen hoppies56

27-Oct-18
Agreed! The calendar is about to flip to “sweet November”... that time of year I believe we all look forward to!!! Best of luck to you all!

28-Oct-18
This garbage is why I seldom come on here any more. Sounds like the old maids' gossip society sometime.

28-Oct-18
Just like the Democrats are doing, a sad ploy to get attention and/or to smear someone, which has already been determined to be legal, just to try and screw someone over.....But I wouldn't expect anything less...

28-Oct-18
Yea it's time to hunt. I have 3 spikes to kill:)

28-Oct-18

BowtechDan's Link

• Sitka Gear