bowonly 26-Dec-18
bowonly 24-Jan-19
Gene 25-Jan-19
kent 28-Jan-19
Gene 01-Feb-19
bowonly 08-Feb-19
Gene 12-Feb-19
02-Nov-18
Making my first bowhunt of the season this weekend. Will be taking my son in law along with me for his very first bowhunting experience ever. We will be hunting some public land (WMA) in Avoyelles parish. Hoping to keep you posted during the hunt this weekend. If not, I will give a report when we get back.

03-Nov-18
Good luck to you. I have not been able to get out yet here in CT with dealing with the sale of our house and all that's involved with that. I am taking Nov 6 (birthday) off from everything and hunting all day. Things are just starting to heat up here with some early rut activity and my annual birthday hunt always has some action.

15-Nov-18

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
bowonly, I got this CT buck on my birthday last week. How did you make out?

29-Nov-18

bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
My son in law and I saw a few deer but none that presented a shot. I brought a little meat home from my trip to Kansas. No big bucks offered a shot so I filled my buck tag on the last day with what was available. Would have shot a second doe but the biologist told us we were only allowed 1 doe on public land.

01-Dec-18
Congrats! That's the way to fill the freezer. Because of our pending move to NOLA, I have zero time for deer hunting now and only an occasional short bird hunt on club property.

26-Dec-18
Brought my son in law this past weekend in the deer woods. We both saw deer but came home empty handed.

24-Jan-19
I'll be heading to piece of public land in Area 6 Saturday for a 9 day stint of bow hunting for my last trip of the season to try to add a little more meat to the freezer and maybe even a nice buck I have on camera that would be a great addition to my trophy wall.

25-Jan-19
Good luck to you. I have finally made the move to Louisiana 3 weeks ago and am now living in New Orleans. We are still in the process of settling in and I am looking forward to getting into hunting and fishing here!

28-Jan-19
Followed you Gene!!! This site is about as active as the Florida site. what did you use to move stuff down with. Olga and I are looking to take a uhaul and tow one car next trip the 1st of March--Good luck

01-Feb-19
Kent, We hired a mover that my wife has worked with for 30 years moving stuff around for her clients. He hauled everything in a 24 foot truck. I can't imagine making the move that we did using a u-haul. Keep in touch.

08-Feb-19

bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
bowonly's embedded Photo
Well, my trip to the public land in Avoyelles parish produced a couple more deer for the freezer. I did not see the big 140" 10pt I had on camera but I did see a nice 130" 8pt that I tried calling away from the doe he was with, but was unsuccessful. Anyway, wrapped up the season with a couple more mature does for the freezer. Anticipating next season and maybe getting close to the 2 big bucks I know are still in there.

12-Feb-19
Congrats on a successful hunt!

• Sitka Gear