bow assassin 03-Nov-18
Jerry Leblanc 03-Nov-18
Jerry Leblanc 03-Nov-18
tonyo6302 05-Nov-18
Fuzzy 14-Nov-18
brwndg 14-Nov-18
Fuzzy 16-Nov-18
02-Nov-18
Hi hoping you guys can help me understand what licenses I need to bow hunt deer in VA. I know I need the hunting license and archery permit. Do I also need to buy the deer license or is it included in the archery permit?

03-Nov-18
Your going to need a state hunting ,big game and an archery license. Also depending on where you plan to hunt a State or National forest stamp may be needed. Good luck!

03-Nov-18
Thanks so I do need the deer license in addition to the state hunting and archery licenses.

03-Nov-18
Thanks so I do need the deer license in addition to the state hunting and archery licenses.

05-Nov-18
Yes, you need the big game tags.

.. .. .

.. . ..

It is confusing, so I always just get the Sportsman License. That comes with everything but Waterfowl and Ocean Fishing.

14-Nov-18
yep, 1) General license, 2) Big game license (deer and turkey tags) 3) Archery license I'd also recommend springing for the bear tag b/c you never know

14-Nov-18
You won’t need the archery tag if you start hunting opening day of rifle season which happens to be this Saturday 11/17

16-Nov-18
brwndog s right in VA you can hunt with a "lesser weapon" in gun seasons. I've tried to explain that point at game check stations once to no avail. Finally I just said OK you win I killed the turkey with a shotgun" (it was firearms turkey season) at which point the convenience store clerk happily checked in my fall turkey. lol

• Sitka Gear