Crusader dad 04-Nov-18
GoJakesGo 04-Nov-18
GoJakesGo 04-Nov-18
GoJakesGo 04-Nov-18
GoJakesGo 05-Nov-18
GoJakesGo 06-Nov-18
GoJakesGo 08-Nov-18
04-Nov-18
Well, here's my season. Hunting 15 private L-shaped wooded acres bordered by a 5' creek. My funnel Is pinched between two massive woodlots (north/south) and cut fields (east/west). Plenty of houses around but it is rural. I have 3 stands set and 8 camera's out.

04-Nov-18
Worried I will burn my stands up im playing the rut and the wind. 2nd year owning the property so Im still learning the deer ropes and neighbor allowances/feelings towards hunting. Last year I had 4 bucks on camera around 140". Neighbors In the woodlots north/south seem to harvest 140" plus bucks yearly. I have never harvested a wall sized buck. I also the 2nd year I haven't had horns on camera till late Oct. I have around 10 local doe's. First sit Nov 2: two buck fawns cruising in the evening. Nov 3: passed a 7pt @ 930 and had a small basket cruise behind me at 1030. Nov 4: Horrible weather and wind so I stayed in. I checked trail cams with the atv (does are use to it). 1 very nice buck 50yrs from my house and a decent basket all at night. Only 1 active scrape on the atv loop. 8 doe's in the yard feeding (1 have 8 apple trees and 40x40 garden of corn stalks I left cause it grew loke shoot this year.

04-Nov-18

GoJakesGo's embedded Photo

04-Nov-18
Purple is my border. Red is the area I have permission to recover game for sure. Yellow are heavy used deer trails. Orange is the creek. No other properties inside the red border are being hunted. The rut seems to be light for me this year. Last year I had heavy daytime movement and a lot of rubs. Not so much this year so far. I have vac till the 12th. I hope all those doe's tonight at least pissed all over my woods...

04-Nov-18
Is all the red yours or just the purple?

04-Nov-18
Just the purple. I could never afford the red block.

04-Nov-18
I remember talking to you about this land on the phone last year. Good luck bro!

04-Nov-18

04-Nov-18

04-Nov-18

05-Nov-18
Very light mist this morning. Wind was S-SW which concerned me. In the west stand at 6:15, bailed at 9 due to a string south wind. Evening hunt (230-dark) was in the east stand 50yrds from my yard. Feels weird sitting so close but the deer like my yard...Doe w/twins entered from the west @ 4. 3 doe's and fawn entered from the neighbors property from the north. They walked past me at 40yrds.

06-Nov-18
Rain most of the day. Nothing this morning in thr east stand. Sat in the west stand tonight. 3 fawns walked in. Leader sensed danger and they left. 10 mins later 2 does entered the yard. They could smell me @ 60yrds and gone...15 mins and a doe w/2 fawns come running in. Doe smells me and they all stare in my direction before leaving. Everything is getting washed tonight

08-Nov-18
Yesterday morning I had a family dog emergency and didnt hunt. Decent 1.5yr old passed my east stand @8. Evening I hunted the east stand-nothing. Wife saw 2 does w/fawns In the yard @4-must have passed iut of sight behind me. East stand-2 fawns this morning @8 within 3yrds.

• Sitka Gear