Great Grey Owl 28-Jan-19
Quinn @work 28-Jan-19
Fauntleroy 31-Jan-19
Fauntleroy 31-Jan-19
Fauntleroy 31-Jan-19
goelk 03-Feb-19
Fauntleroy 04-Feb-19
04-Nov-18
Does anyone have any updates for eastern CO or western KS this year for pheasants? Looking forward to shooting some birds this year.

04-Nov-18
I've seen quite a few in select areas...not really widespread in the areas that I've been. Hunted in SW Nebraska last weekend and it was much the same.

04-Nov-18
I used to hunt SW KS a lot and it was hit or miss.

04-Nov-18
I used to hunt SW KS a lot and it was hit or miss.

05-Nov-18
I've only been out east turkey hunting a couple times. I didn't see as many pheasants as I have in the past few years. A little concerned myself.

05-Nov-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
last year
last year
Very few pheasants heard or seen in SW Neb, while I was deer hunting during the past two weeks. Those hunters I spoke with confirmed low populations. Major corn harvesting was going on last week. That might help.

05-Nov-18

Wapitichaser's Link

05-Nov-18

Wapitichaser's Link
Sorry guys, disregard the prior link. CO's pheasant forecast doesn't look too bad.

05-Nov-18
It often surprises younger guys and newcomers to learn that we had decent pheasant hunting right along the northern front range back in the 80's. We would regularly get a few on quick hunts before and after school right outside Loveland city limits.

05-Nov-18
Yep, got my first pheasants out by Ft. Lupton along the Platte back then.

05-Nov-18
Buddies uncle who’s farm we hunt eastern CO has said he has seen more birds this yr than last. We limited by lunch last yr and we r terrible shots.

05-Nov-18
There are so many hunters and so little habitat out east, I don't even bother anymore. I never thought I'd say that in my lifetime, but it's just not worth it any more.

06-Nov-18
I wish more people were like Seahorse :), but luckily I don't see the that as an issue.

Fortunately I have found more ground than I can hunt just by knocking on doors out east. The family farms and ranches out east are some of the nicest people I know and I really enjoy that we now call each other friends from just simply knocking on their door.

Western Kansas is even better.

06-Nov-18
I’ve tried the pheasant deal a couple times with no success. Maybe it’s time to give it another go.

06-Nov-18

on public land you have to hunt the first week or so and then later in Dec when the weather get bad and they bunch up.

07-Nov-18
I won’t be taking my Brittany this year, she just had her first litter of pups on the 4th. It’s been a neat experience for the kids and us. If anyone knows someone looking for a Brittany Pm me and I can send a copy of the parents papers. I really want these dogs to go to hunting homes.

07-Nov-18

Bowkill's embedded Photo
Bowkill's embedded Photo

09-Nov-18
I’m driving I70 now and I’ve already seen 8 roosters since day break. A little bit of snow on the ground. Just east of Oakley.

09-Nov-18
Planning on a trip in the morning with my boys. Be a great day regardless.

13-Nov-18
Walked some walk-in w/out dogs and crickets near KS border.

19-Nov-18
Did anyone get out pheasant hunting this year yet? How'd you do? We were deer hunting in western KS and actually saw a decent amount of birds, more than last year. I'm trying to get out there soon with the lab.

19-Nov-18
I took my Dad and our setters out last week. We did well on both quail and pheasant

20-Nov-18
Hunted opening day. Saw birds but numbers were much less than past 2 years. Akron CO area.

21-Nov-18

Bowkill's Link
Here is the link to our pups that are posted with the AKC. https://marketplace.akc.org/breeder/valentine/brittany/153629

25-Jan-19
Anybody been out chasing upland birds lately? Going to make a trip Monday as I have really been neglecting my dog this year and the season ends Thursday. Hopefully ya'll have made some trips and got the dog's nose full of sent. If so how'd you do and what part of the plains you been hunting? I know it's been hit or miss this year. Really depends on the area.

26-Jan-19
We have been killing a few. Seems like a few less than last year but worth going. Going to make last trip of year tomorrow.

27-Jan-19
I own land in west central Ks, north of Dodge City. Been out several times this year. Hunting has been poor. Three of us and two dogs went thurs and fri past week. We saw maybe 10 birds and shot two.

28-Jan-19
Just returned from a two day weekend . Saturday 7 hunters killed 20 birds. When the two of us left on Sunday, 4 birds were in the bag. We left because 2 days of howling winds was getting the best of me. Most birds were taken in wheat stubble. There were lots of roosters but a lot did flush wild and run like the wind.

28-Jan-19
We put up a lot of quail and about 20 pheasants last evening and this morning. Wind was brutal this am but the birds held high in thick cover. All our birds were taken in thick tumbleweeds around old homesteads. Pup got a lot of work. We got a rooster and 6 quail. Would've been better if I could shoot. :)

31-Jan-19

Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
Always a great time with the dogs.

31-Jan-19

31-Jan-19

03-Feb-19
I know stupid question but what are the birds we are looking at hanging on fence. Pheasant i know but these i dont know.

04-Feb-19
Not stupid at all. They're scaled quail from down south. Pheasants are always rough here in Colorado unless you have a hookup to get on some good private. So I always like to mix something different into the season just to break up the monotony of walking CRP for miles just to watch ditch parrots explode out the other end of the field.

• Sitka Gear