Razwick 05-Nov-18
CaptMike 05-Nov-18
Live2hunt 05-Nov-18
Dogg3250 05-Nov-18
Hoot 05-Nov-18
RutnStrut 05-Nov-18
Windlaker_1 07-Nov-18
05-Nov-18
So... once in a while when returning to the cabin after a few week absence in the fall I find mice have moved in. It then becomes a hunt within a hunt... Needless a trick that has made my life easier is pulling the drawers out of the cabinets and stacking them on the kitchen table. This does not keep mice out of the house, but it does keep them from pooping on my silverware (which I then feel the need to wash) and making a nest in my towels... I don't think they find the drawers nearly as interesting or inviting when they are laying out in the open... This saves me time to hunt.

05-Nov-18
My farmhouse will get mice in the fall. I too hate having them walking on my silverware and put the entire drawer contents in the dishwasher whenever I see any evidence that the little %4#%'s were there. Just this last weekend, I spent the time to go through all the cabinets and fill each and every little opening I could find with steel wool. Only time will tell if this works or not but I have my fingers crossed!

05-Nov-18
Raz, we get those big ziplock bags and put all our utensils in our cabin in those. You can put the whole drawer in them.

05-Nov-18
Put bounce dryer sheets all over the cabin, it keeps them out of the camper I assume it could work In the cabin too

05-Nov-18
We used huge totes to store dishes, clothes, etc.

05-Nov-18
"We used huge totes to store dishes, clothes, etc."

This is what I used to do in the camper. Also what I do for some of my property maint. clients is the bucket trap. Put a little RV anti-freeze in the bottom.

07-Nov-18

Windlaker_1's embedded Photo
Windlaker_1's embedded Photo
The "Bucket of death".

If it's going to below freezing, put antifreeze in the bucket...water doesn't freeze, and it dissolves the "Victims".

• Sitka Gear