sitO 28-Nov-18
HoytZinger 28-Nov-18
06-Nov-18

Leebo1963's embedded Photo

06-Nov-18

I had photos of this deer 3 years ago and just got more of it last week. I think it is a doe.

06-Nov-18
Sorry I can't seem to be able to rotate the photos

06-Nov-18
Defiantly looks like a doe......question is do you shoot her if you can or give her a permanent pass for having the best hair cut?

06-Nov-18
Shoot and mount that thing! Very cool deer!

06-Nov-18

sitO's Link
Cactus buck

06-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Had one on a farm I hunt last year.

06-Nov-18
Now the big question, by state regulations if it is a doe do you tag it as a buck or doe? I believe the regs define antlers as protruding from the skull.

06-Nov-18
We have one on our place my buddy asked me the same question... I told don't think its buck or doe,but antlers or anterless deer tag.. told him to call department of wildlife to be sure

06-Nov-18

kscowboy's embedded Photo
We’ve communicated on this same deer before. Response I got from Lloyd Fox in 2016 when I was back home hunting and caught “it” on camera:

“There have been lots of changes in the assignment lately. Right now LT Dave Adames is covering Cowley County. His number is xxxxxxxx. I spoke with the law enforcement folks at Wichita and they agreed, if the antlers are visible, an antlerless permit is not valid to take the deer. I'm sure there are other antlerless deer in the area that might be a better choice for you.”

KAR 115-4-13 section (d) (2) defines the antlerless deer permit as: "An antlerless deer permit shall be valid only for a deer without a visible antler plainly protruding from the skull."

It used to say “visible polished antler.” I wonder if this was exploited during the youth and early muzzleloader seasons and warranted a change.

If you shoot it, it’ll cost you your buck tag.

28-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I picked up the "cactus" buck again...hasn't changed much since last year, but it looks like it's growing down towards its eyes?

28-Nov-18

HoytZinger's embedded Photo
HoytZinger's embedded Photo
I’ve had this buck around for a couple years, stays in velvet all year.

• Sitka Gear