Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
lov2hnt 06-Nov-18
Paul@thefort 06-Nov-18
lov2hnt 06-Nov-18
BassNBucks 08-Nov-18
111 21-Dec-21
06-Nov-18
I just bought the wind drifter deer decoy for a whitetail hunt.... What is better the doe or the buck? Im not a picky hunter. I love the meat and will probably shoot a doe or small buck if/when it comes in... so what is the best decoy to use? Buck or doe?

06-Nov-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
a few more buck grunts and a snort wheeze got him coming to within 15 yards. Kansas, late Oct
a few more buck grunts and a snort wheeze got him coming to within 15 yards. Kansas, late Oct
Depending on the time you might use it. I have had very good luck only using the buck decoy in late Oct and towards the middle of Nov. Around Thanksgiving I might switch it to a doe decoy towards the end of the breeding period. THe doe groups usually know other does in the area and it you use the decoy as a doe, too early the real does will be spooked by it and be alarmed. A buck decoy does not seem to alarm the does as strange bucks to the area are stating to show up and roam.

06-Nov-18
Thanks Paul!!! I bought the buck option for this decoy so I will run that.

08-Nov-18
Only use one horn... Old Indian trick. You can thank me later :)

21-Dec-21
Workload may be the source of these major impediments. As a result, enlisting the assistance of a professional custom coursework writing is always a good idea!

• Sitka Gear