Quinn @work 13-Nov-18
leftee 14-Nov-18
Kicker Point 14-Nov-18
07-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Reading about LOTS of action, and had a couple buddies kill slobs in the last two days...been tough to be on the sidelines!

Mark killed a bunch of ducks this morning and can't hunt tonight, so Mike and I are going to try the Neal spot again. I didn't see a deer there last hunt...but I know they're around...just few and far between. I had a camera out up there on a scrape, and only one buck visited so far(above) but he's a good'n!

More from the stand soon...

07-Nov-18
Go get em Mike and Kyle

07-Nov-18
Good luck!

07-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:38pm...

Thanks guys...back at ya!

Tenant was cutting the beans right next to the stand Mike's been in...so I stuck him in the one I've been sitting.

I headed over to another stand that hadn't been hunted but I don't trust the seat(one of those cheap nylon ladder stand seats...never get one of those!). So I'm on the ground a little SW of it, near a pond, and a big oak grove on the neighboring property.

Bottom pic is the grove/knoll out front...couldnt get it all in one screen shot.

Brought the HU deke, cameras set, ready to roll...

07-Nov-18
Good luck.... been slow here all day sit... couple up and comers...10 and 8 , spike, 9 doe.... see what the late action brings

07-Nov-18
4:59pm..

Mike's got doe's N and S of him...I've got a fairly large pile of Jack squat so far

07-Nov-18
Good luck men. Stick something.

07-Nov-18
6:01pm...

Well Mike's not back to the truck yet, but I saw zero deer. I did have some DA come down the road 100yds from me twice in the last hour...real slow...eyballin my HU decoy. Are people really that stupid?

07-Nov-18
Yes, yes they are

07-Nov-18
I guess I should realize that Randy, especially considering the incident we've fought to rectify in some way...just hard to believe a "hunter" can't tell the difference.

Mike saw nothing other than the two "doe & fawn" sets this evening...soooooo...we get to hunt tomorrow ;?)

07-Nov-18

sitO's Link
If you guys haven't been to the "Main Forum" lately, you need to check out Rick Embry's Traditional P&Y quest(see link). It's a great story, and he took a heckuva buck this morning in OK!

08-Nov-18
That was a fun read!

08-Nov-18
He's a good guy, and Lana is a saint!

Im watching all the live hunts from the couch tonight...I'm built for leisure folks ;?)

08-Nov-18
What’s gotten into you? You sick?

08-Nov-18
Bunko party

08-Nov-18
Total for the evening was 22 different deer on the beans. My buddy from Colorado had 9 on the Wheat. No shooter bucks in sight.

09-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:55am...

That's a bunch of deer Matte...good luck this weekend, hope you and your buddy can connect!

I'm a little slow this morning...had a long walk in and had to do a little "fixin" on this stand. Haven't hunted this one until today, back in the thick stuff along the Chikaskia near Milan. I've got deer "highways" on either side of me...hoping to see some "tourists"!

I dropped Mike at the "roots" stand so hopefully he can stick one over there. Mark had to "adult" today, but he'll be after them again tomorrow.

Not nearly as cold as I thought it would be...around 35° and hardly any wind but it should pick up out of the NNW shortly.

Good luck suckers!

09-Nov-18
7:04am...

Mike's got a doe, fawn, and three little bucks sparring and chasing round him already...good start!

09-Nov-18
Good luck guys. Stick something.

Homework sucks, and regular work sucks too, both should be banned in Nov.

09-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:51am...

Mike just grunted in a 150+ 10, but couldn't get drawn...then this buck came by but wouldn't respond to grunt(hard to see but 3/4 up middle right).

I just had a doe swing through with a forky trailing

09-Nov-18
Oh man..I was drawn. He nailed me after bending at waist and dialing in on vitals. Needed another second. Battle scarred swollen neck brute...looked me in the eye and said not today.

He bounded off. Still drawn he presented quartering away for about 2 seconds. Now that I'm done shaking, and just sulking I ranged the spot. 41.5 yds. I about hit the release lining up between my 40 and 50 pin. But thought better of it What a morning.

09-Nov-18
Sounds like fun. Good hunting and be safe.

09-Nov-18
9:39am...

Thanks Mark, I really thought they'd be piled up in here or coming through...havent seen a thing since the doe and forky.

I have had over a thousand geese come over...but a mile high and riding these winds South.

09-Nov-18
11:17am...

I'm down, gonna go grab Mike and make a plan for the afternoon. Wind really picked, but we knew it would. I saw nothing else this morning.

09-Nov-18
How'd your duck hunt go yesterday?

09-Nov-18
Mark can't shoot, I had him on my lap trying to show him how to lead a bird...click off the safety...you know, most things a normal person could figure out on there own ;?)

Basically we suck, but we had fun and one Shoveler didn't.

09-Nov-18
Sounds like a really good morning! Good luck this afternoon. Rain finally moved out last night, so maybe I can take the camera for a change.

09-Nov-18
Ha! I can’t shoot, and Kyle can’t ID woodys when they land in the decoys.

09-Nov-18
Near Attica in what I think kyle calls the "ponderosa" stand. Kyle is snoozing at the truck.

Wonder if he saw me try to put a stalk on the bedded deer not 100 yds from the truck? Was carrying the heads up decoy which always confuses them. Slowly walked to about 40 yds arrow knocked. 2 slick heads were standing, 2 laying down. One blew, 5 tails ended up waving to me. They did not go far, as I'm not sure they knew what to make of me.

At any rate I ducked behind a tree to take a call from the wife. When done I stand, and a small 8pt is right where the does were.

So today I've seen more deer than I normally see in a week of hunting, had an oh so so close on the biggest buck of my life...what will the evening bring?

Doesn't matter really. Been an awesome day of hunting, and feeling blessed for the opportunity to hunt new places and the generosity of a cool dude taking me along.

Happy hunting all.

09-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:50pm...

Well dang...i slept right through it lol...glad to have you along bud, hope the evening hunt is even better!

I finally drug myself out of the vehicle and and all set now on the edge of some new wheat, next to a big CRP field they've been filing out of at night.

Already saw one small buck and a doe out on this wheat before I came out. Not sure what to expect here...fixin to check an SD card that's been on a scrape below thus stand. If nothing else, me & PBR will enjoy a nice sunset.

Ready...ok...

09-Nov-18
Is there anything worse than being a cheater? Yep.

More evidence of the "Piltdown man" on the way over here this afternoon...pathetic!

09-Nov-18
Hope you have a great time. No hunting tonight as we have a Maize vs. Greatbend play off game.

09-Nov-18
I'm jealous. Why wasn't banning all work and school in Nov on the ballot?

Stick something tonight would yall!

09-Nov-18
4:39pm...

Just had the cutest little spike pay a visit but he did not like PBR...take him for more of a Nati Light kinda guy.

I was trying to get the GoPro on and didn't get a pic...sorry...kinda

Good luck at the game Matte! Mark, you'll get your chance tomorrow bud, when we're all pushing pheasants and deer around!

09-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:05pm...

Two doe's, a fawn, and a little 6 out on the wheat West of me feeding. He seems to have no interest in them?

09-Nov-18
I had some action in the last hour, nothing big, will post when I get home and my hand thaws...Mike saw nothing else unfortunately.

09-Nov-18
Was raw wasn't it?

09-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
First "really" cold day is always the worst for me...gets easier from here right ;?)

So the doe's and fawn were out front and the small buck finally saw PBR and came running, he's a 5pt but only because he's got no brow's. He hung around by the decoy for a bit, got a little footage as well but nothing special.

Then I see a bigger bodied buck going out from the creek bed on my left to check the same doe's. he pushed them a little and then saw PBR and came running as well. I didn't see the second buck following him until he was 45yds away and closing on the deke(both bucks in second pic). The first is a pretty cool young buck, 9pt with a flyer off his right G2, but he's broken off his left main beam...hoping that gets him through the season with a "pass". The second is a young 8, he was a little more interested in the deke but didn't really confront him.

While all of this was going on I had a doe and fawn enter from the right/North...and a single fawn from the left/South. The third pic is the 8pt pushing them around a bit out front. All of the bucks and the doe got to within 15yds or less several times.

Nothing big on camera either...but a cool cat came by. The camera is almost exactly 13hrs fast...don't ask.

09-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
A couple shots from the GoPro while it was filming...

Upland hunt tomorrow...good luck if you're out, we'll move'm around for ya!

09-Nov-18
Sweet!! Very nice!! Keep it coming, that is pretty cool stuff!! Good Luck!! Shawn

09-Nov-18
That is a beauty of a cat!

09-Nov-18
Why do the pics and videos on this site seam low quality?

10-Nov-18
Maybe try finding the biggest timber you have and setting a stand in the middle

10-Nov-18

10-Nov-18
Cold winter much snow, cat have many spots. ugg!

10-Nov-18
Chief funny long time!

Tony, if you read at all about the hunts yesterday...Mike was on a field edge in the morning and saw 10+deer including two mature bucks, while I was back in the timber in a spot where I could have only shot maybe 10yds in three directions, and I saw two deer. Last night Mike was back in some heavier tree's next to a big woodlot(on neighbors) and saw zero deer while I saw 10+ on a field edge.

I don't have any spots with "big timber" really...I have one near Emporia with some timber but I haven't even been up there yet as there's another couple guys that hunt it too.

I agree that at times it would be nice to be set up "back in the woods" and I will be trying a few more spots I have, which may allow that somewhat...just didn't "seem" as though you were following the action yesterday?

As for the pics, many are taken with cell phones from the stand, and in my case then cropped severely at times which tends to pixilate the image...I'm sorry they aren't up to your standards.

Good luck out there today boys and girls, remember it can happen at any given moment!

10-Nov-18
Let us know how the upland hunt goes today, Kyle!

10-Nov-18
Upland hunt was a bit of a bust. We hit a waterway, old farmstead, hedgerow, all with very thick cover and then and old railroad track and another draw with 7' cover for a 1/2mi around Anthony...pushed one pheasant and he got out early. Then Mike and I stopped at a spot, near Argonia on the way home, and found a big covey of quail but couldn't find many of the singles after the rise.

I blame the NR's and KU ;?)

11-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thank you to all who have served or are serving! We all owe you for sacrificing and protecting our rights and the freedoms to do what we do each day!

We three will be "live" from the stand shortly...stick with us

11-Nov-18
6:40am...

I am slow...I mean really slow at getting all this crap set up, I know I know "you don't need it"...but I like it so...

I'm on the Chikaskia, beans out front...river in the back. Mike is on the "fingertip" stand N of Argonia, and Mark is over at the Attica property.

Wind is my favorite "light and variable", but after the last two days I'll take it! Should come up from the E-NE but not supposed to rage today....it's 29°...let's roll

11-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:06am...

I've got a buck chasing doe's about 391yds East of me...cant really tell what he is. Tried rattling...by the way I'm 0 for 23 now...he's not interested.

Scrapes to the left of me... scrapes to right, here I am stuck in the middle with PBR

11-Nov-18
7:32am...

This just happened...

11-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Sorry...got a little excited, here's the pic

11-Nov-18
Well, did you close the deal?

11-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
He's not what yours was Ryan, but he made me shake!

11-Nov-18
Great job Kyle!

11-Nov-18
Awesome man, great shot as well.

11-Nov-18
Great buck. Congrats! Must have went down fast.

11-Nov-18
He went 57yds...left a doe, came right to PBR...got it on both cameras...goal achieved

11-Nov-18
Congrats Kyle.

11-Nov-18
Heck yeah, atta boy!

11-Nov-18
That's how it's done very nice sito!!!

11-Nov-18
Congrats Kyle!

11-Nov-18
Nice work friend!

11-Nov-18

11-Nov-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thanks all, was a good morning!

Mike and Mark had some action too, but no shots fired...still work to be done!

11-Nov-18
Nice work

11-Nov-18
Good job Kyle

11-Nov-18
Nice work man! Great buck!

11-Nov-18
great job... congrats

11-Nov-18
Good job Kyle! Look at the neck on that critter, he was ready for some battle.

11-Nov-18
Good job Kyle, really like basically big eight point deer. If you and Randy need help on the yotes, just bought a hammerjack and a red dot.

11-Nov-18
Congrats buddy!!

11-Nov-18
Attaboy kid!!

11-Nov-18
Awesome!! Congrats Kyle!!!!!

11-Nov-18
Nice buck! Congrats!

11-Nov-18
Nice Buck! Enjoyed the thread!

11-Nov-18
Congrats man. Great buck

11-Nov-18
A big thank you to all those here, and all those who sent texts and PM's...it is appreciated!

I've always said "you will know when it's him"...today it was him. There've been many deer I've had up close that would make a book...or "set your world on fire" lol...he who holds the tag get to choose right?

I was in a stand that is so exposed, I sat there this morning thinking why didn't I move this thing over the Summer? The tree is half dead, there's another dead tree next to it that dropped a branch in front, and half the tree's around it have already fallen. Luckily there's one big tree to the NE of the stand, and though it blocks my view, it also blocked his.

I had seen a buck chasing across the road to my East at first light, but so far away I couldn't even tell what he was. I'm not sure this was him, but possibly. I rattled as posted...early...and nothing again. So I'm fiddle fartin around with my phone at 7:30am, I know some of you laughed at that...I'm like a 10yr old kid with that thing sometimes ;?) All of a sudden I look up and here he is 10' from the decoy...all bristled up...walkin stiff legged...coming between us.

I click on my over the shoulder camera and grab my bow...he's good...he's real good. Heavy, got the SC KS crab claws, and I'm thinking this is a deer I would shoot. Next thing I know he catch's a whiff of something he doesn't like and I think he's gonna bolt? He doesn't...I'm telling you that decoy takes everything else off their mind at times. So I click my release onto the loop and he's snort wheezing...and I think he's gonna blow ol'PBR up at any time. He's making decisions slowly though, and that gives me time to power up the GoPro for a second angle.

I had a goal this year, it was to take a mature buck at the decoy and film it at two angles. I had a goal for 7 or so years to kill a really big deer...did that last year. So when I had this chance, and I knew he was a good mature buck...the wheels just turned.

Once the other camera was on I just needed the right angle, and you'll see that it was presented. I had no idea he was following a doe when he came in. I watched him drop and my eyes caught movement...there she was coming right down the trail into the bowl on my left. He also had a forky following...most likely waiting for an opportunity to sneak in and try to steal the doe.

I knew the shot was good...but I've said that before right? It was this time, and you'll see some of the effects after the shot in slo-mo. Couldn't be happier with the hunt, I did it my way and that's the way we should all do it.

Hope to get the "boys" on something soon too, but I'm not hunting tomorrow...meat to tend to. This is my favorite week coming up, I'm gonna hate to be on the sidelines, but I did what I wanted and I got what I got, and I'm happy to have the opportunity to do what I do!

Thanks again for all of the kind words, hope you enjoy this footage as much as I! Watch it in full screen HD if you can, it's worth it.

11-Nov-18
Congrats and well done on capturing the moment on film.

11-Nov-18
Really good stuff Sit you earned it. Doller store was slow this weekend

11-Nov-18
Very cool video, congrats.

11-Nov-18
Nice job!...congrats!!!

11-Nov-18
That was about the best, self-filmed video I've seen

11-Nov-18
I agree with ^. That ole buckin Bronco kick and their done. Thanks for the posts this year, Kyle.

11-Nov-18
Congrats

12-Nov-18
Wow, great job on video.

12-Nov-18
Congrats on a great hunt! Great video!

12-Nov-18
Great video and I'm glad you can share this. It is not easy to self film with a decoy and two cameras. Very cool footage especially with the snort weez..

12-Nov-18
Great hunt, great set-up and great memories that you can watch for years to come. Well done and very happy for ya my friend!

12-Nov-18
Great video and great buck. Congratulations on both.

12-Nov-18
That was awesome ! Thank you for taking the time and the effort to share

12-Nov-18
Congrats, Kyle! Great footage. Thanks for taking us along.

12-Nov-18
Great job Kyle. Thanks for taking us along. I agree how a deer is taken is more important than it's size. This buck put on the show you wanted and he is a pretty good deer.

12-Nov-18
Congrats Kyle

12-Nov-18
Great video and congrats.

12-Nov-18
Great footage, great edit......steady Freddy!

12-Nov-18
Congrats on the buck and a very cool video!

12-Nov-18
Really good stuff! Congrats!

12-Nov-18
Nice old buck and a great job on the video

12-Nov-18
Wow! That was great video. Nice buck!

12-Nov-18
Amazing footage...congrats.

12-Nov-18
That video is awesome Sito!! GREAT job!

13-Nov-18
Awesome Kyle.. Watching from A stand i Ohio.. congrats!!

13-Nov-18
That is great video of a great hunt. Congratulations again on a great hunt and a great deer, and thanks for letting us follow along Kyle!!

13-Nov-18
Kyle - Just like years past, thank you for taking us along on your hunts this season. That is a fine buck taken on your terms. Love the video, too.

Best of luck to all those still hunting

13-Nov-18
Great buck Kyle and great video. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

13-Nov-18
That was very cool Kyle! Congrats on a great buck and on filming the whole thing. Very Nice

13-Nov-18
I really enjoy following along with your live hunts. You’ll have to keep us posted on how you do with the coyotes and other critters.

13-Nov-18
Very well done, and great buck Kyle. Congrats.

13-Nov-18
Congrats Kyle, very nice.

13-Nov-18
I’ve shared this thread/video with several hunting buddies; they all have had the same reaction, “That’s the best shot sequence I’ve ever seen!”

13-Nov-18
Thanks again everyone, not sure it's the "best" of anything but it turned out the way I had envisioned I reckon.

I've still got to get Mark & Mike on a buck so this ain't over!

13-Nov-18
Congrats Kyle! Awesome stuff right there. Great buck and footage!

13-Nov-18
I will have to say that video was really cool, congrats on the deer, and the video.

13-Nov-18
Nice buck Sito! Great video also! Congrats.

14-Nov-18
Very very cool!Thank you.

14-Nov-18
That was awesome footage! Incredible job Kyle. Wow. Man were you cool and calm when that buck was sizing up your decoy. Impressive!

• Sitka Gear