TT-Pi 08-Nov-18
spike78 08-Nov-18
awalk228 08-Nov-18
bjstcrusn 08-Nov-18
Cougar 08-Nov-18
Deerdawg 09-Nov-18
Tekoa 09-Nov-18
08-Nov-18
Going to sit in my backyard neighbors land for a few hours then off to work. Without the acorns it looks like the deer aren’t traveling much through it but you never know. Better then being at my work desk!

08-Nov-18
1st day of a werk vaca. My first AM sit since opening week in Z10. Forgot how nice it is to sit in the dark, 20’ up, enjoying my coffee. Almost go time now, GL to everyone out today.

08-Nov-18
GOOD LUCK ALL

08-Nov-18
GL up there guys!!!.. I had a big 8 dogging a doe when I got back to the truck last night

08-Nov-18
Crunchy, cool, and calm. Already had one go by. Can hear them coming from a mile. Good luck. Took me 12 hrs to seenothing yesterday. 20 mins to see one today

08-Nov-18
Moons, between you up there and Sixlomz down here the deer are petrified to step out..I suggest you two guys shoot your bows blindfolded with one arm behind your backs to give us regular folk a chance...lol

08-Nov-18
Good luck guys. Yesteeday i got up in tree at 3:45. Grunted 3 times. 10 min later. Here he comes. Rut is on!!!!!

08-Nov-18
Heard so much crunching that squirrel must weigh 15 lbs.

08-Nov-18
This spot was filled w does when I scouted in the pm. Quiet today. I thought I heard a deer but maybe it was a squirrel. It was upwind I don’t think I was busted. I hear a turkey, season is over. Yelp yelp

08-Nov-18

Arrownoob's embedded Photo

08-Nov-18
Buck just flew by me. Nose down. Couldn't stop him.

08-Nov-18
My luck is so bad I’m not even seeing deer on private land in a permission only town. Hell I think the squirrels are all gone as well.

08-Nov-18

Psebrute's embedded Photo
Psebrute's embedded Photo
My buddy kris shot a 7 pt an just arrowed a 8 pt

08-Nov-18
Nice PSE! I wish I was out... can't w/ work and my daughter's parent teach meetings tonight... and the other next Tues PM... ugh

08-Nov-18
Yea tell me bout it im at work also saturday is only day i can make it out my buddy took this whole week off and its paying off big time for him 2 decent bucks in 4 days im still waiting to get details from him he said he had a buck walk by him so im wondering if its that deer or a diff one

08-Nov-18
Good luck guys. Last day on the road for me. Can't wait to get out tomorrow.

08-Nov-18
Z0 here as well. But last night on the way home at 4:30 and this morning coming into work the doe's are out in the fields. So the deer are moving during daylight. Stay sharp boys & girls!

08-Nov-18
Went out this am heard crashing coming my way saod ohh boy here we go.... Was a guy jogging with his dog. Boooooooo

08-Nov-18
bjstcrusn , Not big enough to shoot? No tag? out of season? Oh, a real person and you don't shoot at them, right ? But a blunt tip in the backside would be fun ...

I was once all set up and 100 yards from a restricted access road ... my eyes can't believe there is a blaze green bike helmet working through the woods ... Kid on a mountain bike going for it ... Didn't find it and turned back but what the hell are you doing Kid? The deer and I were just miffed.

I walled up the woods as a message for the ( no public use dirt access rd) intruders and the problem stopped. Lot of work.

Shot a nice buck there, not 20 yards away in the winter with the boomstick .

08-Nov-18
4 so far...doe at 6:30, buck nose down on her trail at 7:15, 2 does busting from bedding directly under my stand at 7:45, thought here we go but nothing followed.

08-Nov-18
You guys are killing me I'm still blowing lunch dam flue scrapes all around my stand rubs droppings and me on couch

08-Nov-18
Forgot my alarm. Slept till kids woke me. Helped them to school and am now sitting for an hour or so. Bumped a doe and skip about 150 to 200 yes from my tree. Hopefully they are bait for a late morning cruiser...

08-Nov-18
Nice! Looks like things are heating up. Next week should be good with cold weather coming!

08-Nov-18
I couldnt hear shit this morning. 3 does right behind me. Had no clue they were there. Then like 30 mins later had one blow 20 yards in front of me. Had a good body but couldnt see if it had horns. Then like 20 minutes later. Deer 20 yards away right where that last deer was. 85% sure I saw horns on it. Didnt hear any of them walk in. Ended up switching stands because the wind was just swirling over there. Haven't seen one since the switch.

08-Nov-18
I got out there in the dark 5:45am. Sat until 9:30am didn't see anything. I'm in a marathon today, decided to get down, grab a coffee, replace boot warmers, move spots. I lowered the backpack and bow down, took out my hooks, then...you guessed - two does come screaming by full speed followed by a huge 6 point. the body was massive the rack looked nice, only 6 points. Best deer i've ever seen so far. My bow is on the ground but they were long gone any way. QUESTION: Had i had my bow nocked and ready what could I have done? They were in full chase I don't know if I could've stopped any of them. Had I alerted them to me they were a little bit too far away anyway. Great encounter!

08-Nov-18
Answer: if you can't stop them in a shooting lane and in range just watch and cry. Don't ever shoot at a moving deer with a bow.

You may already know that but it makes me feel better to say it.

08-Nov-18
Use a beerp call with your mouth to try and stop them. Actually I use my mouth with all calls learned it from a DVD jims trix. When I arrow a deer I instantly start making a meee meee sound. You will be amazed how many deer stop to either get off another shot if shot was bad or easier tracking. Give it a try I think you will be surprised on how good it works.

08-Nov-18
Draw your bow in front of where the deer are running and yell “hey”. Just be ready you will only get a couple seconds and they will run again. It works like a charm. I have done this for years on startled deer. I did this last year after my wife missed a shot on a giant 8. He was running flat out and I got him to stop twice. Unfortunately both times I didn’t have a clear shot but it worked.

08-Nov-18
Noob. When a buck is hot on a doe and she's moving to get him off... You could throw a rock or blow an air horn and he WILL NOT STOP. I literally YELLED at an 8pt one time which was inside 10yds on a doe and he never even looked. I had a spike grunting and chasing a doe all over once. I heard him grunting well before I could see them. they literally ran UNDER my platform while I was in my climber. I yelled, "errped", whistled, etc. ZERO impact.

I've tried calling - grunts and bleats. They dont care. they have a doe who may be hot in sight. It's like trying to call a tom turkey who's solo with 5 hens. It. Is. NOT. Happening.

Just enjoy the show, and stay super ready. They are spastic at that moment and could turn and stop right in a lane. Be ready. Hope a buck will trail those two - I drew and held off on one a few years ago who did that. I'd blown it on a big 8 who was on a doe, he goes off, and 10' later here comes a smaller buck (a nice rack, probably a 2.5YO), I drew and he stopped in a spot where his lungs were obscured by a hemlock and his liver/guts were all I had to shoot at, so I let down.

Key point, it means you have a doe who's hot, or soon to be in your area and the buck that is on her is unlikely the only one scoping things out.

08-Nov-18

bjstcrusn's embedded Photo
I did it with this guy last year thought I made a perfect pass through shot. Got him to stop and instead of taking another shot I took pictures to show my buddies what I just shot. I must of hit the scapula only got 3 inch penetration. Now I know how my girlfriend feels LOL. Fist deer I ever lost looked for a week.

08-Nov-18
Haha bj, your girlfriend must not have any issues with the bj lmao

08-Nov-18
None at all lmao

08-Nov-18
She says it's like drinking out of straw

08-Nov-18

EBow10's embedded Photo
EBow10's embedded Photo
Was out yesterday afternoon/evening by myself had plenty of doe action but no bucks following. So after I had already let a couple pass I decided to take one and put some meet in the freezer. I’m still relatively new to hunting this is my 5th season and my third deer ever. Have managed to get one the past three years. Anyway shot this doe yesterday evening got on the blood trail until it stopped at the point of a small island surrounded by swamp and couldn’t figure out what direction she went. By this point it was pitch black so decided to back out. Headed out this morning with two friends one being Joe (huntskiffishcook) and we managed to find her piled up in some thick stuff not to far from where I lost the blood trail. Anyways it was a great morning recovered the deer and will add this to my hunting stories I will remember for ever. Big thank you to Joe and Marc for giving me a hand and finishing off a successful hunt.

08-Nov-18
nice job ebow

08-Nov-18
That buck chasing doe was awesome. I’ve only seen one other deer in my stand and this was a full on show. I stayed dropped a couple of grunts like either a buck in pursuit or like the first buck stopped in the area, there was no pursuer. I picked up my things, ate lunch, packed up and went out again to a thick spot. I have 2.5 hours before I need, sorry “get”, to take my son to junior rifle.

08-Nov-18
Congrats EBow. Great recovery work. Nice carrying pole...

08-Nov-18
Two more does browsing, one was a cow. Up to 6 today, only one buck. I think I can make it 4 more hours, lol.

08-Nov-18
Ebow - congrats. Awesome tracking job and patience as well! Looks like a heck of a challenge to get her out!

08-Nov-18
In the blind for an afternoon hunt. Reading all these posts about people seeing bucks chasing has me amped! Good luck.

08-Nov-18
Don’t you hate that feeling when the clock is ticking and you realize in 20 minutes you need to pack up? Cmon deer show your self!

08-Nov-18
Congrats again, Eric! I'm glad we found her so quickly. Thanks again for asking me to help, a little more education in the woods is always appreciated.

08-Nov-18
Great job ebow and crew for finding and haulin'!

08-Nov-18
Haul em out good work

08-Nov-18

Murphy31's embedded Photo
Murphy31's embedded Photo
Pulled a card on the way out this morning and this guy was one it!

08-Nov-18
I'd give him another year ;) .....

Go get him!!

08-Nov-18

Booo yeah

08-Nov-18
Hope u got more than 3” in him! Nice!

08-Nov-18
Sat out this afternoon for an a little over an hour but didn't see or hear any movement :-( I'm considering moving my stand as some of the sign in the area has dried up. But I'm second guessing that cause with chasing starting they "could be anywhere". Head games, I'm playin em.

08-Nov-18

Way more than 3 inches lol. Went only 60 yards and crashed.

08-Nov-18
ebow...congrats. but that has to be the hardest way to get a deer out of the woods, especially when she starts swinging. tip: Deer float...use the water to your advange. :)

08-Nov-18
what say p.i.? anything going on are way? havent been since wed morn. plan on sat morn. thinking next week... what have you seen eric?

08-Nov-18
Congratulations everyone on ur deer

08-Nov-18
Nice work guys

08-Nov-18
Thanks all was a great day!!! Joe couldn’t agree more the more we learn the better we know our craft. Hick the swamp water was only part of the journey out. The rest is up and down through thick woods with no path cut. I dragged my first deer out from this same spot and this method was much easier/faster given the terrain it was in. I also helped a fellow hunter with a couple deer that he got in this area we used a cart once and a sled. This was by far the easiest and most effective for here.

08-Nov-18
Big- Been on the sideline for a week ... sick with Lyme and Anaplasmosis two tick diseases. Fun symptoms. Lots of Doxy!

Got out tonight but things are quiet. woods are naked now so I'm keeping close to heavy cover. Gonna need a few days to get back on 'em. But I'm reluctant to push in until I see some chasing going on. I think fields are the best right now and It seems that they are not being pushed around yet. Looks like a holding pattern.

08-Nov-18
Congrats guys! Any western MA deer down yet?

08-Nov-18
Congrats BJ and Ebow!! I had zero action again tonight. But there was a huge buck print in my mock scrape. So hoping soon

08-Nov-18
Thank you guys. I believe that was the same buck I walked up on the other day.

08-Nov-18
Saw a biggun from the truck after a few hours out poking around. Wrong side of the mountain today but he was on his feet at 215pm. Between the quabbin and the Connecticut ;)

09-Nov-18
Nice bucks ebow & cruzin! Way to get er done! Sat in my latest hotty stand in white oaks watched a definite shooter pressure a hot and head off south of me. At car after dark see a mid size rack 8 pt watching me from neibors yard across the street. That’s 5 different bucks In that one spot . It’s heating up men get out there

09-Nov-18
Congratulations everyone. Ebow, great picture. Frame that one.

Tekoa

• Sitka Gear