Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
B2K 08-Nov-18
skookumjt 08-Nov-18
kylet 08-Nov-18
Treefarm 08-Nov-18
Treefarm 08-Nov-18
08-Nov-18
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for both a logger that would be available for a timber harvest scheduled for our Buffalo County property next year? This will be our 4th harvest on our farm. The first time we hired a consulting forester and we determined that we would never use him or that logger again. The other cuts went quite well, but the contact that we've always worked through has been very reluctant to get back to me or meet onsite to review the work. Therefore, I'm looking into other options. I'm also considering having a Consulting Forester mark the timber as this harvest is a little more complex than our previous as it includes "Group Selection Harvest Method" (creation of 1/4 - 2 acre clearcuts occupying 1/3 of the total area with select cuts in between that reduce basal area to 70-80 s.f).

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!

08-Nov-18

skookumjt's Link
You can send inquiries to consulting foresters on the DNR website. It's the "forestry assistance locator" section on the link. It will allow you to send a message to all of us foresters that work in your county.

08-Nov-18
Hire a forester. And I’m a logger

08-Nov-18
BK, I sent you a PM

08-Nov-18

• Sitka Gear