Tweed 17-Nov-18
FIP 17-Nov-18
Tweed 17-Nov-18
Beerbobber31 17-Nov-18
Slick 18-Nov-18
Beerbobber31 18-Nov-18
Slick 18-Nov-18
08-Nov-18
After 3 hours in the big timber I put my arrow away & started the 1/4 mile walk out . 1/2 way out I keep hearing the snow crunch .

A 2 1/2 year old 8 point steps out & faces me a 30 ft . I asked him to move & he stomps his foot & shakes his bead . He takes a step forward & glares . I lay my bow down , pull out my .357 ( Ruger of course ) & my phone . I aim the 357 at him as he steps forward & I take a picture . The flash made him jump & he ran off .

Very unnerving . That buck needs to get laid .

08-Nov-18
They can get rather cantankerous this time of year. I know two guys threatened by bucks in over 40 years of bowhunting...the first one of my dad's fellow teachers in the late 60's, while he was walking in for an afternoon hunt. He kinda stumbled into the buck like you, but the deer came right at him. He dropped his Bear recurve and made a quick branch climb into a tree. That buck trashed his bow...broke every arrow in the quiver and managed to break the string. He eventually strode off, leaving an anxious walk out for the hunter.

The 2nd was a buddy of mine threatened by a big 'un while walking out shortly after dark. He said he could've touched the antler tips while he was trying to uncase his bow while backing away...back in the case law days. The buck stopped his approach, kinda snorted, and turned away...but he walked off, not spooked. That left a nervous quarter mile walk left for my buddy...he said it scared the crap out of him.

08-Nov-18
I put the picture on Facebook . A friend called & said , " Man that Buck is only 20 feet from you ."

Rabies , Big cats , Wolves , Bears , I carry anytime I'm in the woods .

09-Nov-18
Just be glad you weren`t bent over tying your boot....that would of been a really interesting pic.

09-Nov-18
Hahaha

09-Nov-18
Almost famous :-)

09-Nov-18
Franklin, now I would have loved to see that picture!!! LOL

09-Nov-18
great story, you never disappoint Ruger

09-Nov-18
Ok how do I transfer a phone pic to Bowsite ?

In 1992 a hunting buddy was attacked by a 10 pt on Nov 2 in Waupaca . It punctured the skin on his hip . It was circling him when he put 2 arrows in the buck . Found it the next day .

09-Nov-18

Grunter's Link
Thought that was you

09-Nov-18
Ruger, was that you in Grunters vid? I don't think you can move that fast.

09-Nov-18
I've watched a lot of sparring over the years, but I've only seen one up close pier 6 brawl. Two evenly matched bucks just tearing it up, for almost an hour. Increadible power!

Hate to think of my chances mano-a-bucko if one was thoroughly pissed at ME!!! Lol.

09-Nov-18

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Glenn, just hit the choose file under where you write a post. Pick you photo file, then the photo, then submit your message and photo.

09-Nov-18
Glen, I think you can take him!!! Get your Ass out there and show him who you are!!!

09-Nov-18
Sitting on the bucket. 23 dgrees, 2 in snow & falling . NW winds 15 to 20 mph . Gosh this is fun .

Maybe that 8 pt will bring some pals tonite & put me out of my misery .

09-Nov-18
Ruger...lol! I hear ya. I took today off and am finishing some chores before this weather really goes south. Gotta love cleaning frozen gutters...my fingers may never recover!

09-Nov-18
Now that's quite a deer hunting story.

09-Nov-18
RUGER1022...Had a similar story the other day....moved my ground blind about 90 yards from its original spot, was almost done when I heard a noise behind me, I turned around and there was a 2 1/2 yr old 8 pointer standing 20 yards away looking at me, I said to him "don't tell any of your buddies about this blind" and he trotted off. Good looking deer though.

10-Nov-18
Since we are telling the truth here I should mention I was bred by a 12 pointer yesterday. I did not have my .357 ruger with me so he just threw me down and had his way with me. Its embarrassing but its time we stand up to this #Metoobuckyuck.

10-Nov-18
Man fip, hope you aren't pregnant?

10-Nov-18
You couldn't grab a sharp stick or anything?

11-Nov-18
Ruger & FIp, you guys are a stitch. LMAO

11-Nov-18
FIP - Reminds me of that old joke where the hunter suffers the same indignity for the third time and the bear asks rhetorically, “You aren’t really out here for the hunting, are you?”

11-Nov-18
The stories are the best part of this site...LOL!

11-Nov-18
Fip lmao nice one! Still laughing 5 minutes later!

11-Nov-18
FIP.. did you tell your boss that story when you called in sick the next day

11-Nov-18
Last week I needed to repair a noisy seat on my ladder stand on this ridge. As I climbed up the stand with my new seat I noticed a deer standing 20 yds away. I thought great and was waiting for the snorting to begin. As I was clanking away with my tools I noticed she was getting closer to me and looking up at me. By the time I was finished she was 5 yds away looking up. I climbed down and she held her ground so I walked away to grab my camera 50 yds away . I started walking back to find out she had followed me and I walked to 5 yds and held my hand out. I startled her and started stomping her foot and I thought oh shit here we go. We had a little stare down and she started eating. I took a few pictures walked around her and left. Last night I sent my son to that stand forgetting to mention about this doe. He come out after the hunt and asked hey dad what's up with doe had to walk around her and she never moved at 5 yds. Big healthy fat doe with no sign of any thing wrong with her. Can't say I have ever seen that before.

16-Nov-18
Made the rounds today . Checked 4 spots . At spot # 4 I sat down for a phone call ( another guy with gun problems ) . After relaxing & thinking about where to hunt Sat I looked up & I kid you not , there is BAD BUCK 25 yards from me . As he walks toward be I pull the Ruger ( no bow ) & start yelling at him .

At 15 yards he stops . I have some heavy loads in The 357 so I take a step toward him & aim . He calmly walks away & heads to the swamp .

I think he really needs to be whacked before he hurts someone .

Opinions ?

16-Nov-18
You better take your name out the phone book before he ends up at your door step looking for redemption.

16-Nov-18
Ruger he sounds like me in my 20s, take him out! Lol

16-Nov-18
Had an encounter in "74 when I was 20. It was cold, blustery late Oct day with snow flurries mid-aft, and I was perched off a scrape trail in Jefferson marsh. Just as the snow started coming down, a 2 yr old 6 pt offered me a perfect shot and I zipped one thru good lung shot. With the snow coming down hard, I got down and followed immediately. Followed good blood trail about 80 yards to low marsh side of steep wooded hill, looked up side of hill and saw him bedded glaring at me from 40 yards. I knocked an arrow and fired, he was up and barreling down straight at me, head down. I jumped off to side and he piled up 2 feet from me. I ran another arrow in his chest, although I am not sure he would have made it up again. What an adrenalin rush!

17-Nov-18
BAD BUCK was whacked by a .308 at 8 AM by a young guy on the 40 next to me . I didn't tell him .

17-Nov-18
Glad to hear you're safe.

Would be cool to get a photo with him

17-Nov-18
I was bred again yesterday by the 12 pointer. I sure hope a hunter gets him. He is not a nice Deer. I was unable to get to Walgreens in time to get the morning after pill so there might be fawns this spring. I am going to give them up for adoption if that happens. I don't think I could love them because of the way they were conceived. It was not consensual.

17-Nov-18
And this gentlemen is how a jackalope is conceived.

17-Nov-18
FIP.. did he at least spit on it first??? Once those fawns are born your motherly instincts will kick in. Might want to shave before feeding them.

18-Nov-18
Even if not created out of love once born you won’t be able to give them up realizing they are a part of you. Their innocence and vulnerability is undeniable.

18-Nov-18
Does it sound terrible that I want to eat your babies

18-Nov-18
That’s a strange thing to say Beer but I understand it and can agree.

• Sitka Gear