Sitka Gear
Strictly Sticks, Nov.18, '18, and after!
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 09-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 09-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 09-Nov-18
Bob Hildenbrand 09-Nov-18
saltydog 10-Nov-18
hawkeye in PA 10-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 10-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 14-Nov-18
hawkeye in PA 14-Nov-18
Bob Hildenbrand 14-Nov-18
Red Beastmaster 15-Nov-18
RC 15-Nov-18
saltydog 15-Nov-18
hawkeye in PA 15-Nov-18
Red Beastmaster 15-Nov-18
RC 15-Nov-18
Bourbonator 15-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 15-Nov-18
RC 15-Nov-18
hawkeye in PA 16-Nov-18
Red Beastmaster 16-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 16-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 17-Nov-18
Red Beastmaster 17-Nov-18
DaleHajas 17-Nov-18
Red Beastmaster 17-Nov-18
DaleHajas 17-Nov-18
Bob Hildenbrand 18-Nov-18
Red Beastmaster 18-Nov-18
hawkeye in PA 18-Nov-18
hawkeye in PA 18-Nov-18
hvac tech 19-Nov-18
RC 19-Nov-18
HARRY CARRY 19-Nov-18
09-Nov-18

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
“Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers” would like to announce its first Traditional Archery 3D Shoot of the Winter 2018-2019 Season, with Sunday, November 18, 2018, kicking things off!

After our pretty-much "rain-washed-away" 2-day shoot in September, our spirits were very much dashed. But, we are very thankful that the Traditional Archery community has kept with us, by inquiring about our schedules, and wanting to be a continual part of the upcoming fun! We feel honored by this....

Naturally, we have no control over the weather, be it rain, sleet, snow, ice, hail, extreme high or extreme low temperatures. And, throughout the season....with EVERY SHOOT we want to present, we are and will be constantly monitoring conditions, so we can provide a fun, YET SAFE, event for all of you. If conditions in the Alverton, Pennsylvania area will be deemed too unstable for safety, we'll do our best to get the word out via this forum, and the other forums “Sticks” can be found.

But, for right now, the upcoming November 18 shoot, The Crew simply wants to start the season off on good footing and the right path!

Let's hope Mother Nature, and the Archery Spirits grant us good days!

The ENTIRE schedule for “Strictly Sticks” is seen in the attached flier, INCLUDING the 2-day shoot for 2019! Copies will be available at all of the shoots. If you notice, our shoots pretty much follow a "yearly copy" from year-to-year.

**A note we must make: The sporting club where “Sticks” began in the mid 1990s has expressed a greater interest in the operating of our events, in the area of “oversight”. As volunteers, The Crew wishes to continue to present events that our friends and fellow Traditional Archers (and us, too) appreciate. Any changes that may be required by the sponsoring sporting club will be considered/addressed by The Crew, to which we'll get the word out as soon as possible, if needed, and “go from there”.....

We, The Crew, greatly appreciate EVERYTHING that YOU have done to make “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers” the area's nicest Traditional Archery gatherings possible. We hope to continue this as long as possible!**

So, wax your bowstrings. Find those 3D arrows...your favorite ones, or those arrows you wish to “test” ("torture"??) !!! Say a quiet request for acceptable weather, or go full-out with a “chanting dance around a campfire”. (Take pictures if you do that!!!)

Just look at it as the time once again to meet up with friends, both old and new, in the Spirit of The Bow and Arrow, and in the spirit of camaraderie and friendship.

And, 'til next Sunday.... we'll leave the targets up for you!!

THANK YOU! From The Crew....The VOLUNTEER CREW....of “Strictly Sticks”

09-Nov-18

And here's how to get to "Sticks" !

09-Nov-18

09-Nov-18
Harry....if'n you need help...holler. I can line up some bodies.

10-Nov-18
If a strong back and a weak mind can help, then I'm your guy for both Sat. and Sun.

10-Nov-18
I can be available also.

10-Nov-18

14-Nov-18
"STICKS" IS GOOD TO GO THIS SUNDAY! Repeat: "STRICTLY STICKS" IS GOOD AND READY TO GO FOR SUNDAY, NOV. 18 !

Received word from the "A-TEAM Crew Extraordinaire" that they have made sure the planned 3D Traditional Shoot for this Sunday can proceed as scheduled. This Crew of "Git-R-Doners" knew a potential issue could have been looming, but they took control and got things worked out.

You may see a few new but familiar faces handling registrations and kitchen help. But that will hopefully be all that is noticeably different. And, if our day-jobs (and life events) allow the "regular Crew" to be there, we will.

The entire Crew would like to thank EVERYONE who contacted us, offering assistance with any aspect we need to make this shoot work. It's quite humbling to us....

So, yes, we know this is a "last minute confirmation", but please let your "non-Internet" fellow Traditional Archers know about Sunday; share the news across town, or over the mountains.

I think ALL OF US could really use a good shoot right about now....

See you Sunday! And THANK YOU! From, The Crew

14-Nov-18
Thanks SS crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

14-Nov-18
See yinz Sunday.

15-Nov-18
Great news!

15-Nov-18
Why ya always gotta have this shoot the day after Bear Season? I'll be at Denny's camp in Warren County on Sunday...

15-Nov-18
I didn't know you could hunt Sundays in Warren county.

15-Nov-18
PBR bears are legal

15-Nov-18
Priorities!

Sticks trumps any hunting season, family event, or work requirement!

15-Nov-18
Salty, the season is Saturday. Long drive to a 3D on Sunday.

No beers for me in 2 months now:)

15-Nov-18
No Beers? You sick or something Roy?

15-Nov-18
RC: a couple of times, we had the November shoots a week, or 2 weeks earlier. The club property was a war-zone, with both members and non-members hunting it, while we were trying to set up the days before Sunday. Our Crew has been challenged, threatened, and cursed like you wouldn't believe.

We can't please everyone, nor can we meet everyone's possible schedule. We try to do what works for the most folks.

It's either that, or...nothing...

15-Nov-18
Randy Dandy..

I understand and I'm just messen with yer mind:)

16-Nov-18
Are the 3M men still on schedule?

16-Nov-18
Woodland Gnome and I are it so far. We've got three new grandpas in the group and they're no longer in control of their weekends.

Randy, the eagle has landed! ;)

16-Nov-18
I'll be there in the morning at the registration table til around noon. I may be a bit more dressed up than usual. The "trading table" items won't be with me. But am most certainly looking forward to seeing everyone.

Red: "put a cap on it"...I'll see ya....!

17-Nov-18

17-Nov-18
Real men shoot longbows.

17-Nov-18
Samick makes a longbow?:)

17-Nov-18
Yes they do. A very nice one

Dale, you coming to the shoot? I have something for you. You have PM.

17-Nov-18
No. Too many issues goin on.

18-Nov-18
Hey guys. Thanks to all for today's shoot. I needed that. Good to see everybody again.

18-Nov-18
I was glad bow season was over so these shoots could get started. I was anxious to break out a simple longbow and back quiver full of cedars. Back to the basics.

It was like the Sticks shoots of old with some very tough shots. Lots of laughs and a few destroyed arrows were the result. Wonderful day!

Big thanks to the crew!

18-Nov-18
Very much enjoyed the shoot, and thanks SS crew!!!! Dad had a great time and was happy not to have to gut and drag. And the rest of us had alot of hardy laughs. Good glove/bad glove, trees jumping the string, etc. Thanks again. Jeff

18-Nov-18
Well I also brought that arrow that found my quiver last year, and it made a round trip:( it's a hunter pro ics Orange four fletch. Remind me come December if it's yours. Jeff

19-Nov-18
I forgot my shooting glove i was half way to somerst when i realized it . i was not sure if i should turn around or just keep going . well i kept going well dave saved the day he had an old leather glove in his explorer it was a bit small but did the trick . i shot fairly well on the good shots is was great on the not so good it was the gloves fault . hahaaha great time

19-Nov-18
I don't even wear a glove or tab.

Suck it up buttercup mountain boy....

19-Nov-18
Hey, yinz....

Sorry for me getting here more than 24 hours after the shoot, but...

THANK YOU for making Sunday a fun "Sticks" shoot!

Did you see all the NEW, FIRST TIME FOLKS? Of the 38 or so Archers, I think 8 were completely new to "Strictly Sticks". That personally made me, AND the rest of the Crew, pretty happy.

I am sorry I could not stick around til the final moments of the shoot. And if a few of you would have stuck around, you would have seen me, probably for the first time, in a dress shirt and tie, jacket, and non-plaid trousers. Perhaps another time, on a more "happy" basis.

HVAC TECH....good thread on the Leatherwall. I think the "regulars" here need to comment there...!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving yinz all (you too, RC), and hopefully, I'll shoot with ya soon enough!!

• Sitka Gear