shoot2drill 11-Nov-18
UrbanHunter 11-Nov-18
EBow10 11-Nov-18
shoot2drill 11-Nov-18
arch2112 11-Nov-18
shoot2drill 13-Nov-18
Qdiver911 13-Nov-18
10-Nov-18
So I know this is a long shot but I figured what the heck. I live in Salem MA and am heading down to Plymouth with the lady for a couple night get away. She knows this time of year and is perfectly fine with me trying to get out Monday morning to do a sit somewhere down there. So anyways I was looking to see if someone could point me in the right direction or any town bylaws that I should be aware of tried looking online, but couldn’t find anything. Other option is if anyone might want to meet up and maybe let me tag along with them. Know this is a long shot but figured what the hell might as well ask and get any info people are willing to share

10-Nov-18
Myles Standish state forest is pretty close. Lots of land and big deer in there. Give it a glance on google earth

11-Nov-18
Thank you Dth appreciate the tip. I have been looking at maps of the area and will make my way in somewhere. Going to try and do a quick scout tomorrow afternoon and pick a spot for Monday morning as long as I can get up a tree deer or not I’m happy.

11-Nov-18
I’m in Plymouth brother. I can hook you up.

11-Nov-18
I have been checking this out on google earth and found some promising spots. Is it possible to drive thru on the roads? or would I have to park in a main parking lot and bicycle into the deeper spots?

11-Nov-18
all the roads are driveable and parkable... just beaware....myles standish gets slammed with pheasant hunters....go deep into woods....

11-Nov-18
Thanks November that’s very much appreciated. I found a small spot that looks like I can get into I’m heading down this afternoon going to try and do a quick scout and if all goes well I will give that a go tomorrow am. I will report back.

11-Nov-18
is there a direction on the compass one would look to head to get away from the pheasant hunters?

11-Nov-18
Myles Standish has some monsters but with that much land it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I've taken deer out of there late season with shotgun/muzzleloader but bowhunting was always a challenge. Certainly give it a try. Like Urban said stay away from the quail/pheasant areas. They should be clearly labelled on the maps. Mostly pine trees or scrub oak so not sure if you are using a climber but randomly finding a suitable tree there is not easy. The pines are full of dead limbs so hand saw is useful. Good luck.

13-Nov-18
Much appreciated on the info guys!

13-Nov-18
Pm me if you need any help. I'm in Bourne.

• Sitka Gear