Bowhunting 5C 12-Nov-18
Bowhunter s 12-Nov-18
Bourbonator 12-Nov-18
Bowhunter s 12-Nov-18
Ksholle1 13-Nov-18
Rut Nut 13-Nov-18
Thunderflight 14-Nov-18
11-Nov-18
Has anyone been seeing much rut activity here in PA? I’m going to attempt to sit all day, think the action might heat up tomorrow or do you think the hot action is over?

11-Nov-18
Where you hunting? I've seen no rut activity around my area where I've been hunting seen a good pre rut, now up north pa know some guys hunting up there say the bucks are goin crazy. Never know this time can see a buck anytime. Weather has not been greatest rain , high winds.

11-Nov-18
I've seen very little rutting activity and have hunted 5 different counties. Go back some years and soon as the rain let up, the bucks started freshening the scrapes. Haven't seen that the last couple of years. Locally here there's been a lot of hunting pressure. But I've hunted a few area's and never seen a hunter in the woods. Only seen two legal bucks this year, but some really huge 4 points. Sure is a lot of new road hunting archers now.

11-Nov-18
Good luck modestmoose, I'm trying to get a veterans day buck myself, goin to a place way back in that I haven't hunted yet this year, close to bedding areas real thick. Yea me too Hawkeye haven't seen no rutting activity in november , saw some bucks in pre rut, only 1 shooter , got down in late October wind was really getting bad , hit the bottom of tree, and started to pack out 1 step and there took off a decent buck was comin right in.

11-Nov-18
Got a camp up north , haven't made it up there in archery in recent years mostly do to working in a steel mill, sometime long and many straight days till you get a day off.

11-Nov-18
My brother killed a 2-1/2 yr old mountain buck yesterday. His tarsal glands didnt have a tinge of dark to them and smelling them point blank barely yielded any smell of buck urine. Having said that, he was walking thru the woods at 9 AM and he came in to the grunt call. So was doing rut type things, but i cant explain the lack of buck during the rut musk. Few rubs and zero scrapes seen in the 2-3 miles i walked.... Ive seen and heard others seeing some rut activity the last two weeks, but somethin doesnt seem normal....

11-Nov-18
Yea very weird this year stick n string, I shot a doe and when I picked it up Friday at butcher he said the bucks he does have comin in lately ,have no signs of being in rut.

11-Nov-18

stick n string's embedded Photo
stick n string's embedded Photo

11-Nov-18
Yea should be darker then that this time of year.

11-Nov-18
Been hunt in Ohio for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday, I saw the most activity. It lasted for about 20 minutes. Then all went quiet. An we had snow, lots. Today, I got out about 2:00. Did not see anything until 5:15. This buck was about 200 yards away. He was a shooter. But, I think he saw some Does an headed their way. I really think, between now and thanksgiving, it will be getting better.

12-Nov-18
I hope the activity heats up here in a hurry. I still believe the pre-rut is better to hunt than the actual rut. I did have a nice buck come in this morning around 6:50. He never provided me with a shot, Hope he comes back. Good luck everyone! Post if you some action.

12-Nov-18
The last day for most is the 12, however some of us get to chase till the 24th... Good luck boys.

12-Nov-18
Seen a 4 point so far at 12 15. Just feeding along.

12-Nov-18
Saw a doe early this morning and that was it for the day. Pretty uneventful season and not much rut activity in Washington County.

12-Nov-18
Yea. Saw 4 point and a spike today, I saw no rut activity in beaver or lawrence county, 4 point was just feeding along, all of my buddies that bowhunt saw the same no rutting activity.

13-Nov-18
Was out in 3D, Pike county in the Delaware State Forest and shot a 8pter on saturday at 8:26 am. Nose was on the ground at a semi trot and came into my grunt call. Sat Monday morning for 2 hours just to be in the woods and had a 7pter grunt his way too me downwind at 10 am. His nose was on the ground at a trot. I grunted him back towards me after he passed at about 35 yards and was really cool to see.

13-Nov-18
Only thing I saw yesterday was a forkie at 2pm. Have to try to get down to 5C before it closes.

14-Nov-18
I hunted Letterkenny Army Depot on 3, 10, and 12 November. It was DEAD.... Lots of doe walking around with small bucks and none of them acting rutty. This time last year it was crazy hot. This year it seems like only a few doe are coming in heat.

My buddy did kill a hell of a buck around noon on Saturday. He was chasing a doe, but they were the only deer he saw all day.

I'm headed to Ohio on Friday to hunt the weekend. Hopefully it heats up.

• Sitka Gear