Tweed 11-Nov-18
northbound 11-Nov-18
RamMan 13-Nov-18
sagittarius 13-Nov-18
Chief2 14-Nov-18
Zonks 14-Nov-18
Konk1 15-Nov-18
11-Nov-18
With gun hunting coming next weekend, I'm the chili guy what's your best recipe (we like it spicy)

11-Nov-18
I keep it simple. One pound of meat, brown it. Add one can tomato soup, one can red kidney beans(don't drain them). Season to your heat level with chilli powder. I don't like onions but you can throw those in or anything else you like.

11-Nov-18
Ground beef, ground pork, pork n beans, yellow onion, red bell pepper, can of beer, elbow macaroni diced tomatoes with green chili’s, tomato sauce, spice to taste

11-Nov-18
No beans, no tomatoes.

Cut up a cheap roast to about 1 inch cubes it a little smaller. Brown them but not too much at once. Don't worry about the burnt parts, they'll come up.

Get some dried New Mexico, Arbol, and Ancho chilis. Soak all the ancho and NM chillis and a hand full of the arbol (they're spicey) in hot water for like a half hour. Then throw them in a blender with the water and puree. Chop up some garlic and an onion and blend them too. All this puree add to the meat and slow cook. At the end add some cumin and salt. Might want to add some garlic powder too.

11-Nov-18
Stole this from the Michigan sportsman forum, i don't install the corn or beans when i make it i replace those with canned chili tomatoes Great for deer camp and can reheat ovet and over. Venison taco chilli. Cook meat with peppers and onion. Drain. Add all to crock pot. Instead of cheese and crackers, use cheese and tortilla chips.

-2 lb venison  - 1 can Rotel ( drained) - 15 Oz can of stewed tomato - 1 can corn ( drained) - 1 can black beans - 1 can pinto beans - 1 red and 1 green bell pepper - 1/2 medium sized onion ( or less if preferred) - 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt - 1 packet ranch dressing mix (we used 1/2) - 2 packets taco seasoning ( we used about 1 and 1/3 packets and that was plenty for us) - 8 Oz cream cheese .

13-Nov-18
I use the Wendy's Chili recipe, we love it. It can be found online... Spice it up as you wish... Just don't s**t your pants. LOL

13-Nov-18
Thank you tweed, finally a actual recipe to make chili!

14-Nov-18
Thanks brothers! So far I have chili, hot beefs, tacos and enough deserts to choke a horse on the menu for this weekend

14-Nov-18

Zonks's embedded Photo
Zonks's embedded Photo
Great timing for this thread Chief!!!

Just made a batch on Sunday.

5 large cans of tomato soup (Do NOT add water!!) 3 small cans of tomato paste 2 large cans of diced tomatoes, drain the water... 3 cans of kidney beans, drained & rinsed 2 cans of chili beans, drained, NOT rinsed 1 large Sweet Vidalia Onion chopped the way you like it 4 lbs of ground beef, browned (or 2lbs ground beef & 2lbs venison burger) And....Cayenne Pepper I add it to the meat when I brown it and add extra to the pot to taste. When my lips & tongue start tinkling...that's about right!! Box of Saltine crackers to go with it...jackpot.

15-Nov-18
1# hamburger 1 green pepper diced 1 medium onion diced 1 16oz can stewed tomatoes undrained 1 16oz can hot chili beans undrained (We use Brooks brand) 2 cloves garlic 1 TBS chili powder ( more if desired, we use Wahoo chili powder by Simply Delicious) 1/2 tsp course ground black pepper 1/4 tsp cuman Salt to taste

Brown hamburger, drain, add remaining ingredients, simmer in slow cooker for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally. You can add water if you wish to prevent chili from getting too thick.

• Sitka Gear