albino 15-Nov-18
70fosric 15-Nov-18
RUGER1022 15-Nov-18
Crusader dad 15-Nov-18
Pete-pec 15-Nov-18
smokey 16-Nov-18
Crusader dad 16-Nov-18
12-Nov-18
The week before the orange army. Most of us have used our vacation time so for those of you still out there please keep us updated.

Someone else can start one for the weekend through gun seasons, if they want.

I will be out Saturday and Sunday and so will my family but everyone is carrying archery gear this year.

Good luck to everyone.

12-Nov-18
I may sit my gun stand Friday night before gun, but after that I will have my rifle for 4 days and then the Muzzle Loader for 3 days if needed. Then back to the bow, but that is pretty tough around home after the gun hunt. I have never gun hunted around home during the first few days, but I can only imagine because the deer do not move after it.

12-Nov-18
As I close in on 73 the cold seems tougher . 19 degrees , snowy & a lite wind had a bite to it . 2 Does wandering . Bad Buck showed up at 4:30 more interested in digging up Acorns than following Does .

A bitter below average temp NOV so far . Deer could be in for a long winter .

13-Nov-18
Slow end to the pre-gun archery season. My son had a three pointer walk thru interested in acorns and my daughter had two yearlings run thru to standing soybeans last night. It’s looking like a slow week prior to gun-frenzy in Chippewa county.

I am anticipating some post-rut cruising but I haven’t seen it yet. Big boys aren’t moving and no sign of them on camera.

I’m puzzled but I still plan to hunt some this week.

13-Nov-18
Saw first shooter of the season yesterday morning, could not call him over. Saw a big 2 ye old 9 pt for the first time today, had seen pics of him. Had a spike come through and maybe 5 does moving. Great time to be in a stand. Except for the temp.

13-Nov-18
Heading to Michigan Wednesday for they're opener and then Friday night back to Waupaca.

13-Nov-18
Still slow where I hunt in Marqthon County. A few yearlings have been hanging around, but no shooters. Usually see some bigger bucks cruising through bottlenecks and inside corners, but nothing this year. Not even seeing them from the road at their usual crossings. Strange since the weather has been very good.

13-Nov-18
I think you'll be in luck trapper. Rut behavior seems way delayed u.p there. Lots of little bucks none acting like any rut was going on last week when I was up. My contacts up there all say the same thing. I'm convinced it's a late rut even thou I always preach it to be the same every year. So much so that I'm actually going up for my first Michigan gun opener even thou I normally avoid it.

13-Nov-18
Only a doe and fawn this morning. On drive out next to the road was a 2 yr old buck, with a doe and fawn on the other side of the road. Kicked a couple up on the walk in this afternoon and only caught a glimpse of another one while on stand. Dang, it was cold in the woods today.

15-Nov-18
Hunted Iowa Co. Wed, finally had a south wind so I hunted between a pine plantation and a bedding area. Had 6 bucks either cruising the bedding area or trailing 2 does that went in and then later came out. Doe and fawn came out of the pines with another trailer. Thinking my early season is done, guessing I may bow hunt a day or 2 during the 9 day. Was hoping for a shot by now. Gun opener should have very good buck movement.

15-Nov-18

15-Nov-18
Got skunked 4 sits in a row. Kind of surprised as they have been picking corn like crazy with this colder weather the ground must be harder. They are using the 4 row pickers instead of the big combines. Nothing on my cams either. Jefferson County.

15-Nov-18
Almost had the big 10 point I've been after in range last Saturday, he was locked down with a doe and wouldn't let her get more than a few yards from him. As they meandered away I hit a grunt which she didn't like one bit and bound off with him close behind.

Some of the guys in my group decided Sunday would be a good day to clear the trails a bit and clean up some stands before gun opener. They really boogered everything up because I have not seen a deer since. My gun stand is about a mile further into the swamp from the stands I've been bow hunting so I'm hoping the deer were pushed back into that area.

15-Nov-18
Had a nice 8 pt walk past at 4:35 . Hope 1 of the Grandkids gets a chance during gun season .

15-Nov-18

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Don’t know why they’re sideways. It won’t let me rotate them when I try to edit.
Don’t know why they’re sideways. It won’t let me rotate them when I try to edit.
Small buck @ 4:20. And an amazing sunset.

15-Nov-18
Crusader, it is how you take your picture. First off, the bottom of your phone needs to be at the left when taking a photo. Secondly, make sure your phone is taking small pictures, like on a 1 to 1 ratio.

16-Nov-18

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
Crusader, nice photos. Try saving to your computer and then open with a photo program to rotate if Bowsite options won't rotate.

16-Nov-18

Thanks Smokey, I took some sideways and some vertically. Posted the wrong ones. Usually it lets me rotate them on the edit option. That sunset was truly one of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen.

• Sitka Gear