awh302 12-Nov-18
Acts 12-Nov-18
deerhunter72 12-Nov-18
Acts 13-Nov-18
deerhunter72 13-Nov-18
Acts 15-Nov-18
Racks & Ridges 15-Nov-18
12-Nov-18
Hey guys and gals, first post here. Heading to just a bit past Carbondale tomorrow to try to get a couple of solid hunts in before the slaughter this weekend. How are the crowds on public land down south?? Thanks

12-Nov-18
My buddy is down in Pope County and said the deer are rutting pretty good down there now. As for how crowded the public sites are, I don't have a clue.

12-Nov-18
Thanks, hopefully it will be a fun trip, looked up the weather and it's not pretty but still glad to get out.

12-Nov-18
I live 35 miles northeast of Carbondale. Bucks are chasing pretty good the last few days. Where abouts will you be? Welcome to Bowsite.

13-Nov-18
I did an evening hunt at GCSP. Saw one doe, jumped a small buck that was bedded right off the trail. Not a bad sit. I'll go back at it tomorrow.

13-Nov-18
Good luck!

15-Nov-18
Had a good day, saw the rut in full swing. Just a couple of poor decisions on my part that cost me. Had a blast, good luck and stay safe.

15-Nov-18
All I know is the big ones aren't locked on but definitely feeling their oats and bumping does. Little bucks 3 1/2 and younger are doing most the chasing but its one day on then 2 dat5s off. Girls still arent ready down here. I have noticed the last 3 days that the mature ones changed back to more night activity and rerouted cause of the orange Crew stomping in the woods I hunt. They're not stupid they get big for a reason, firm believer in playing the wind otherwise you're just educating them! Almost tempted to buy a gun tag but I think I'll give my mathews another shot after the slug fest. Good luck gonna be a great weekend to hunt that's for sure!

• Sitka Gear