Nickcade 13-Nov-18
Nickcade 13-Nov-18
Nickcade 13-Nov-18
arch2112 13-Nov-18
Nickcade 13-Nov-18
13-Nov-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
I’ve been using them since i started, but think it’s going to change. Next year. This is what the broadhead looked like after lodging in the opposite side shoulder. Lot of meat loss too.

13-Nov-18
If you go fixed try Slick Trick. Very good low profile head. I use 100 gr. magnums and never had a problem.

13-Nov-18
If u want a fixed head the Slick trick mags BC noted are awesome.

Mech heads are 1 and done for sure.

13-Nov-18
I used a Sevr on my buck this year. First time with a mech. Titanium ferrule. Went through the deer and into the ground. Blades looked ok but are easily replaced. The tip on the ferrule was in perfect condition. The thing I like about this broad head is I can lock the blades and practice with the actual head. Im a fan. Hoping to use them a lot more this year.

13-Nov-18
If you like Rage, the hypodermics tip is stronger against bone. The 2in+ hole they make definitely helps tracking and for me is worth the occasional meat loss.

13-Nov-18
Hey guys! Just wanted to see how you guys felt about montec g5 fixed blade broadheads. Ive been practicing with them and ive got myself down to a 2 inch group from 30 yards. So accuracy is not a problem. I just wanted to know if any of you had experience with them when it came to how they work against an animal. Ive heard people praise them which is why I ultimately decided go go with these. I am a complete rookie to hunting so any advice will be appreciated!

13-Nov-18

bjstcrusn's embedded Photo
bjstcrusn's embedded Photo
I use the rage chisel tip extreme and love them.

13-Nov-18

Brianc86 's embedded Photo
Gravedigger here, 100gr coc, blew thru ribs and into opposite shoulder, 1/4 sticking out otherside

13-Nov-18

Gravedigger here, 100gr coc, blew thru ribs and into opposite shoulder, 1/4 sticking out otherside

13-Nov-18
Also take a look at G5 Deadmeat broadheads. It is a 3 blade mechanical at 1.5” and you can watch the reviews on YouTube by Lusk Outdoors. He tests broadheads like crazy and that’s the mech he now uses. I’ve shot them and like them. They also come with a practice head. I also have Thorn broadheads to try out. If fixed then Slick Tricks are great.

13-Nov-18
I have been using 100 grain G5 montecs for years. They fly true. Granted, I am not an experiment kind of guy... once I find something that works- I stay with it unless it gives me a reason to start looking for alternatives. G5 has never let me down, but I don't have anything to compare it to as it is all I have tried for the last decade-ish (I was a three blade 125 grain wenzel woodsman before that!)

13-Nov-18
I've used the Spitfires up until 2 years ago I changed because of the wind noise coming off the tip when you shoot call me crazy but it seemed to have a little whistle to it but when you connect with the Spitfires they do some serious damage also

13-Nov-18

Nickcade 's embedded Photo
VPA 150 grains on Carbon Express maxima Hunter, 350 spine. 60# bow
VPA 150 grains on Carbon Express maxima Hunter, 350 spine. 60# bow
I switched to a two blade head. Shot this deer over 30 yards away complete pass through and then almost a foot into the dirt. Lost two very large deer last year using mechanical heads. Hit a little shoulder or bone and arrow just stuck. Never again. These VPA's almost pass through my target from 55 yards out using my 60# hoyt. Unreal When you run the numbers, FOC, KE and momentum trump speed any day of the week. These shoot with phenomenal accuracy given their weight.

13-Nov-18
That is the exit hole in the top left. A little larger that a quarter.

13-Nov-18

Good size too.
Good size too.

13-Nov-18
I do have two blade fixed. I used to shoot Magnus Stingers (they worked) but switched GK Silver Flames years ago because I wanted the strongest at the time. I don't know about the new ones made in US(China) but I have the originals from Germany. I guess the German ones are available again. Insane sharp out of the box! Super strong. I still have the original 9 I bought 10 years ago (?). I can't remember when I bought them but it was when I was shooting with fingers. I have these broad heads for my backup/3D setup now. I wanted to try mechs this year but I plan on using my other setup a few times this year.

13-Nov-18
Arch2112, stick with what works. Sounds like your blades have served you well. There's a lot to be said about a blade you can practice with, sharpen, and blast through the most difficult part of a game animal. Mechanical lost me a deer of a lifetime.

• Sitka Gear