Contributors to this thread:
casekiska 13-Nov-18
casekiska 13-Nov-18
casekiska 13-Nov-18
xtroutx 13-Nov-18
13-Nov-18

casekiska's embedded Photo
Most fellows have finished their bow hunting until after rifle season so there's kind of a little lull at this time. I thought this might be a good opportunity to post this:

Roy Case of Racine shot the first WI bow & arrow deer in the modern era of archery on December 6, 1930 and by the mid-1930's was deeply involved in all things archery. This included designing and making all sorts of archery tackle. At one time he tried his hand at reproducing Asiatic buffalo horn reflex-recurve composite Turkish bows. Bows like this were considered the ultimate bows of the 15th century Ottoman Empire Central Asian School of archery and were capable of shooting flight arrows over 800 yards. In this photo, taken in the spring of 1937, he and his son, Quentin, are shown displaying two reproduction Turkish bows he created.

13-Nov-18

13-Nov-18

These two bows were recently loaned to the WI Bowhunting Heritage Foundation for display in the WI Bowhunting Museum. I had the privilege of working with the Case family, preparing a display, and then installing the bows in the Museum. A special thanks goes out to Roy's eldest grandchild, Teresa, and the entire Case family for their generous consideration in loaning these bows. This photo shows the display in the museum.

The museum is open five days a week, family friendly, and admission is free. For additional information call (715) 823-4670.

13-Nov-18
Neat stuff, I would like to get there some day and take look.

• Sitka Gear