carpediem0881 13-Nov-18
BruceP 13-Nov-18
Snowshoe 13-Nov-18
Will 13-Nov-18
Will 13-Nov-18
13-Nov-18

Junk dog 's embedded Photo
Junk dog 's embedded Photo
New spot today. Real big clear cut. Thought I would get out in the rain, set up and up a tree before it stops. Kinda regret That. It’s pouring.

13-Nov-18
I was going to do the ground blind thing but ground was too wet for the chair to be stable and comfortable

13-Nov-18
Im headed out after work

13-Nov-18
On my way to work in Scituate this morning a very handsome 6 point was in marsh by the North River Bridge. I pulled over to check him out and a doe he had his eye on walked up to my truck along the fence. He wouldn't leave even though he looked a bit nervous. Enjoy all, stay dry! Let's Go

13-Nov-18
Heading out at 130 no work today

13-Nov-18
I just asked a friend so I may as well ask here too. if you guys are stand hunting in the rain....what are you wearing for rainproof/windproof gear? I bought some from amazon but the damn stuff was a loud as shaking out a tarp. of course penny wise and pound foolish...but trying not to spend $300 on a jacket.

also...thoughts on spraying the under side of the roof of a popup blind with flexseal? lol...mine is not waterproof.

13-Nov-18
just got back home to put stuff in dryer. damn inch of rain in half hour. headed back out, not much available time left 4 me....

13-Nov-18
Highstick - i like “Cabela's Rain Suede”

13-Nov-18
I opted to put a stand up. Deer have been using a spot I know they use every year, but I've been sort of avoiding fixed stands, so I have not tried to set up there, and rather have hunted around it. So at lunch, I caved, grabbed one of my fixed stands and sticks, headed in and got it set. As I'm about to trim a few lanes (this will likely be used for years to come, so I opted to be aggressive in this area even if it risks deer action this year) I look towards the valley below - damn, a deer. It was a doe, and kept looking back. Crap. No bow - I broke my cardinal rule of never going into the woods during the season weaponless. Amazingly, I trimmed a few limbs and she never flinched. I needed her out of there without her thinking a human was in the spot, so I snorted a couple times to get her attention, then barked like a dog and, no joke, got on my hands and knees and sort of elephant walked towards her. This is like 75-80yds, so my hope was that the position, and her being on alert would get her trotting away - it worked and I completed my work.

I should have done this years ago. It's a good set up every year, and could work with a bunch of wind directions, but especially any with a W in them. Ill pull it post season, and it will go back up next fall pre season.

Z0 the rest of the day.

13-Nov-18
Nice Will. Nothing builds confidence in a new set than seeing deer as you are hanging it

13-Nov-18
Massive 10 pt just walked up the opp side of the river on me cool too see

13-Nov-18
Will I would have paid to watch you crawl around barking at a deer lol!

13-Nov-18
Spike... The other guy that hunts the area was some where. He hunts to the east and I tend to hunt to the west. There is a distinct possibility that he saw me given he pretty much only still hunts with a recurve... Hopefully he was gone - his truck was not there when I left... because the snorting and barking would have been enough to get most folks laughing their butt's off!

13-Nov-18
Hick, unfortunately I think it comes down to spending decent money, or dealing with being a little uncomfortable. Check out the commercial fishing gear. Helley Hanson, Grundens , etc.... It was easy for me to justify the $. I love hunting in the rain.

13-Nov-18
Hit the power lines behind the house today at 4. Got settled in and out popped a bobcat out of the thick brush at 40 yards. He was stalking up on something, down low and lost sight of him as it came in behind a bunch of trees.

First bobcat sighting for me and only about .25 mile from the house.

Always a good time in the woods even if it’s just for an hour!

13-Nov-18
Better be careful Will, with all the cameras in the woods these days you're liable to find yourself on Youtube on your hands and knees barking like a dog...

13-Nov-18
Bear took one of wife's bird feeders down it is bear season right

13-Nov-18
Bruce, wouldnt be the first time...

Ha ha ha ha! (clearly it's getting late in the season if I'm starting to drop comments like that :) ha ha ha!

13-Nov-18
Guys I just bumbled into this. If you want quality rain gear without breaking the bank... and could fit, Kuiu has some in their "outlet" for a considerable bit off the normal rate: https://www.kuiu.com/outlet/

Still spendy, but better than say Sitka or even Cabelas higher end rain stuff.

• Sitka Gear