Dthfrmabove 13-Nov-18
mrw 15-Nov-18
Skippah 15-Nov-18
DanaC 15-Nov-18
drslyr 15-Nov-18
13-Nov-18

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Went out in the pouring rain today to do a little scouting and came across this. Went to another spot and came across them again from a previous year. WTF. How hard is it to take your blood markers down if and when you find the deer

Has to be the same azzhat because the spots were about 10-12 miles apart and they were both blue markers. Effin people just don’t make sense sometimes.

13-Nov-18
Oh and they didn’t lead to a stand either they are either blood trailing markers or some dumbass is marking deer runs with them. Lol

13-Nov-18
are they near wetlands of any kind DFA? the guy who manages the spot where I hunt (and earthwork guy) used them to mark wetland when he was making a logging road through the property

13-Nov-18
Hickstick is right. Blue flagging in the woods like that is almost always placed there by a wetland scientist to mark the boarding vegetated wetlands line. For sure if there was some type of marking on it saying "WF#x"

13-Nov-18
There was recent logging near me and yes. They used the blue flagging to mark the watershed protection zone. But now it looks like a used car lot and the loggers are long gone. Not removing them when the purpose is over is just litter. Should make these biodegradable. If they do it should be a requirement. Tekoa

13-Nov-18
I don’t think they are logging markers. One set is on a land trust property one is on WMA and runs on high ground only. The one on land trust leads from high ground to low ground and up to the back of someone’s horse stalls in a deer run that crosses the street

13-Nov-18
It I have been known to be wrong on more than one occasion. Thanks for the info I hope that is what it is. I am setting up on one of the flagged areas tomorrow morning. Lol

15-Nov-18
I use TP for tracking. It dissolves and has other uses!

15-Nov-18
That's a great idea.... never thought of that

15-Nov-18
I've seen worse than flagging. A few years back, late muzzle loader season, I hear noise over the ridge. State forest property. Some jackass is driving in on a quad, using a chain saw to open his trail! Right through a bedding area! Compared to that, flagging don't bother me. I might even follow it to see if it leads to a honey hole. Teach that slob to use a gps ;-)

15-Nov-18
One year in ct. my pal and I found hundreds of thousands of yds of string tied to tree branches everywhere in the state forest. Had to be an escapee from a lunatic asylum. It was actually kinda scary after we realized someone actually took the time to tie all that string through the woods. It kinda reminded me of the visible alarm laser beams that you see in movies. If it was Anti's it was a good strategy cuz we were afraid to hunt there.

• Sitka Gear