Teeton 19-Nov-18
BC173 19-Nov-18
Teeton 19-Nov-18
Teeton 20-Nov-18
RC 20-Nov-18
Bonafide 20-Nov-18
Bowhunting 5C 20-Nov-18
13-Nov-18
I think it's time to push for the northern season to go to the last Saturday before rifle. UBP, what your word on this??? Respectfully Ed

13-Nov-18
If we can't get Sunday hunting we need a longer northern season. If we got Sunday hunting I think it would be harder to get a longer archery season.. So should start pushing for a longer northern season now. Ed

13-Nov-18
Not only the northern region. It should be state wide.

13-Nov-18
You can bow hunt all rifle season and most of January. And New York isn't far from the ne. .

13-Nov-18
I was in the northern tier some this season. I never considered archery a road hunting sport until now with the new bows.

13-Nov-18
Why should anyone have to go to another state, when there are ample resources here? Makes no sense. Besides, the total deer population is controlled by the number of doe license issued. The argument that too many deer will be killed with an additional 2 wks. of bow season, just don’t hold water. All one has to do is look at the total number of anterless license issued for sale statewide, and you will see, that argument doesn’t hold water either.

13-Nov-18
Why should anyone have to go to another state, when there are ample resources here? Makes no sense. Besides, the total deer population is controlled by the number of doe license issued. The argument that too many deer will be killed with an additional 2 wks. of bow season, just don’t hold water. All one has to do is look at the total number of anterless license issued for sale statewide, and you will see, proof enough.

13-Nov-18
If you compound arrow slingers cant get a deer in 6 weeks then ya shouldn't be in the woods to begin with. Yunzs squeal louder than yer rusty cams in here.

13-Nov-18
Lol... but what I said was the truth. And you know it. And besides, a lot of younz shootin’ cripple sticks don’t kill deer anyway. Lol

13-Nov-18

monkeyball's embedded Photo
monkeyball's embedded Photo
There's some nice buck out there.........

Good Shooting->->->->Craig

13-Nov-18
It is absurd you cannot hunt deer every day in November. This month was made for deer hunting. Trad season, spear season, bow season, crossbow season, blowgun season, zombie gun season, I don't give a damn. Name the weapon and I'll be there. God made this month to hunt deer.

14-Nov-18
I am actively writing letters and contacting Senators and Representatives plus speaking to anyone who will listen about ending the Prohibition on Sunday Hunting. And I would certainly be in favor of extending archery Season up until the start of gun season.

14-Nov-18

DanWesson357's Link
I was at the PA Game Commission in H-Burg and listened to Senator Daniel Laughlin Speak about ending the Prohibition of Sunday Hunting. He ALSO was in favor of Starting the PA Gun Season the FRIDAY after Thanksgiving. His reasoning was increased license sales and increased opportunity to hunt. Based on his presentation I witnessed, I believe he is an ally to ALL PA Hunters and would also favor extending the PA Archery Season. You can contact him and ask him for his assistance in moving the PA Game Commission in a direction to EXTEND seasons! I will be doing this as well as contacting the PA Game Commission Directly and Contacting My Local PA Rep and Senator to request their support as well. TAKE ACTION FELLOW HUNTERS!!!

15-Nov-18
I agree, yinzer! November is the month for deer hunting. Period.

Just some food for thought....what about a 3 month long season? October, November, December....any weapon, it's the hunters choice. Longbow, Crossbow, Recurve, Compound, Bolt Action, Lever Action, Flintlock, Inline....doesn't matter. Throw in Sundays too. Since the deer quotas are managed by licenses and doe tags anyway, what's the worst that could happen? That way guys who want Sundays, get their way. The guys who want longer seasons with less interruptions get their way. The guys who want to shoot a buck during the rut with their 300 WSM gets their way. I think it will finally make everyone happy....forever.

15-Nov-18
Ubp was told years ago (before crossbow inclusion) by the PGC wildlife biologists that there was no scientific reason why the PA bow season should not run from end of September to end of January. They were on board with it. One of the commissioners even asked us if we would support it for traditional bows only. The UBP president's answer at the time was why not let everybody be included? That commisioner was unable to get any support from his fellow commissioners likely because this was and still is a social issue. There are still non-bow hunting deer hunters out there that want the season shortened.

15-Nov-18
what's the worst that could happen!!! 3 month long rifle season would wipe out bucks in this state.

15-Nov-18
Ubp has always supported more bow hunting oppertunities. Boy, I haven't done this in a while.

15-Nov-18
Thanks Art.

15-Nov-18
pa10pt...not necessarily. What if we went to a "4 points per side" rule, and take away the exception for junior and senior hunters to shoot spikes and fork horns?

15-Nov-18
pabowhunter1064 i still think you would take way to many bucks. If i were king i would make entire state bow only and season would be september to february. I think there is equal chance of either thing happening. LOL

15-Nov-18
My thoughts are gun season takes way more deer, easier then a bow, I love archery hunting, but I rifle hunt too if needed, and love flintlock hunting, we got a antler restriction lets do it right like Iowa slug gun only, and archery should be longer.just my opinion and I am not trying to start nothing but crossbows for youth and handicap only.if we want a trophy buck hunting state that's what needs to happen like Iowa. Not trying to make nobody mad just my opinion.

15-Nov-18
trophy buck hunting state ?

Not me..

Ya have a good recipe for antler soup?

15-Nov-18
Well , id say pa wants a trophy state if we got antler restrictions, I had to pass on two 4 points that would of been good eating cause I was not allowed to pull my bow on them, you have trophy hunters and you got meat hunters any deer with a bow is a trophy in my thoughts, I'm eating antler soup.

15-Nov-18
No that's not why Pa went to antler restrictions and the herd reduced in certain areas.

They wanted the habitat and herd to be more balanced and healthier..

16-Nov-18
"Since the deer quotas are managed by licenses and doe tags anyway, what's the worst that could happen?"

Problem with that rationale is that Doe tags are managed but not buck tags through general license sales. For example, PA can sell 100K licenses or 2M licenses, they don't limit the amount they sell. If you had a 3 month any weapon season, many more licenses would be sold and the deer herd would take a big hit with firearms. I could see it working with archery only.

16-Nov-18
Yes they do. They know exactly how many doe license to issue to get a pre- determined amount of does killed. Simple math!!!

And it’s also simple math, to determine how many additional deer, bucks and does, will be killed with an additional 2 weeks of archery, and Sunday hunting on a statewide basis. And whoever mentioned a 3 month, any weapon season was either being sarcastic or clearly doesn’t have a handle on reality.

16-Nov-18
Bow/Xbow only Sep 1st through Jan 22. No closing down and you can hunt Sundays in November only. Statewide.

16-Nov-18
I think if you're taller than 6', and you weigh less than 300 lbs., you should be able to hunt all year long...no closed seasons, and no bag limits. I'm emailing my congressman and legislators right now. (Does that help clear it up, BC173?) :-)

16-Nov-18
Nope... your still fogged in. :)

16-Nov-18
Nope... your still fogged in

17-Nov-18
If you live in Irwin or Rimersburg and are over 66 you should get to hunt on your own property anytime you want to.

17-Nov-18
Thought that rule already existed, minus the age, around me.

17-Nov-18
Roy and I already hunt on Sundays. LOL

17-Nov-18
6 week archery, no sundays. Waterfowl only sunday hunting until Leaves fall to protect horseys and schwinn bikers. (<== Keep this one in mind) sooooo No big game sunday hunting until November so general public can enjoy the leaves/woods. They're public land owners too right? Sunday Deer hunting to commence in Dec to end in Jan. Compound bows and crossbows Jan to Feb :)

17-Nov-18
Biggest buck I ever shot in Pa was on the last Sunday of archery season 2 years ago. Didn't see another hunter all day.

17-Nov-18
I’ve been hunting Sunday’s for a long time. I just want others to have a chance.

17-Nov-18
The last guy I questioned on Sunday hunting didn't go well for me. I was looking down the wrong end of a 12 gauge. Now I just hear the shots....

17-Nov-18
Yeah Ropn you really are quite the Swami :)

18-Nov-18
No Ron, you wanted a trad only season and compound guys were lazy slobs. And ya hated ATV's and food plots. Now you make food plots with your ATV and ya shoot wheels. Ya made a field of dreams behind your yellow signs.

18-Nov-18
Field of Dreams? :)

19-Nov-18
RC-Oh so true, changes his opinion to justify his BS!

19-Nov-18
Once a whiner, always a whiner, Bonafide!

19-Nov-18
Pennsyltucky will never change to benefit SH...

19-Nov-18
I don't know who's for what here on this thread..

I'm from the north so dose that make me a road hunter??

Now that the Sunday hunt bill addresses Trespassing are u for or still against Sunday hunt, PaLongbow..

Here's what I do know, I'm for a longer bow season and Sunday hunting... ED

19-Nov-18
I here ya Teeton....I've been saying that for years. I just received word that Rep. Gillispie is now on board and the Farm Bureau. Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

19-Nov-18
BC173,, Sunday hunting has never been closer.

Up in my area a lot of the folks that are opposed to it, where older and retired. These folks got to hunt 2, 3 or more days a week.. some of them ever stated that they didn't hunt on Saturdays because of all the other hunters out there. So in reality the reason they are opposed to Sunday hunting is because they don't want guys like me shooting "their" deer on Sunday.

20-Nov-18
If we get Sunday hunting, I wonder how many of them that we're opposed.. Will be out hunting on Sunday???

20-Nov-18
99% of them:)

20-Nov-18
PaShLongbow- haven’t seen you post about killing anything in forever, you still crying about no deer in the saturated SE, I mean Stevie Wonder could get one down there, truly superior skills on display there sir, bravo.

20-Nov-18
I have said this for many years... The guys who are anti SH when given the opportunity to participate (through no effort of their own) would surely be out there enjoying another day. And this is where it gets cloudy... Not because they want to (so says them) but because they simply have to, keeping someone else from shooting "their" buck is hard work...

• Sitka Gear